Reply Instruments and Vocals
Oboe Or Clarinet?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xxSeikoxx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:03 am
Hi guys! I'm looking for a good woodwind instrument to play, and im stuck on oboe and clarinet. Clarinet and oboe are both good sounding (when the reeds aren't sucky), but after looking at arguments on both sides im kind of confused. I'm in 7th Grade in High school, and some people say that "oboe is SOOO HARD" so i kind of panicked and wonder if i have that kind of motivation to play Oboe. Personally after hearing Clarinet concerto and Oboe concerto, i think the oboe is much more unique sounding and perfect for tuning the orchestra. After hearing a few songs by fellow Clarinet players, im starting to think the other way. Well in my opinion when both instruments are played well and doesn't sound squeaky and horrible, i think they're just good as each other biggrin . I think Kel would totally go "OBOE" xD  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:52 pm
I must agree with you. Both oboe and clarinet produce a beautiful tone, however, that all depends on the player. Just go with whatever suits you the best. :3  

Blind Creativity

OrenjiiroNeko

3,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:13 pm
go for the clarinet.(: it uses more air and you won't die when you play it! proud clarinetist for four years. heart

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:57 am
i don't know b/c i am in orchestra ,but my sisters are in band and I go to their concerts soo I have to choose hte oboe (but if you said bass clarinet I would choose that) xd  

blondmonkey909

High-functioning Snack

5,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

rocky road sundae

Witty Genius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:01 pm
Play clarinet. Because clarinetists are awesome. But really, the choice is up to you. Oboists are more in demand, but there are fewer spots for them in band/orchestra. There are more clarinets, but more spots.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:17 pm
i would go with the clarinet because less reeds,money, and even more sound. biggrin  

Snowcup9127

nerdy booboo13

Shirtless Werewolf

6,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:33 am
Clarinet, coz it's fun! Or try both and choose which ever one you like best  
Instruments and Vocals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff