Welcome to Gaia! ::

Role Player's Paradise

Back to Guilds

A good humored, semi-lit role playing guild that's open to any and all ideas! 

Tags: Role Playing, Semi-Lit, Friendly, Active, Shennanegins 

Reply Role Player's Paradise
I hate being sociophobic...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:12 pm
User ImageLooking in the scope...User Image

While I'd love to meet new people to role play with, new people scare me.
Horribly.
o_o

Anyone else got this problem, or is it just me?

User Image...of a dead man's gun.User Image

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:03 pm
Well, I'm horribly afraid of sharks. Even if it's just a picture, I want to scream and run around like a hyperactive child who just got beaten with a blunt object.

That being said, I have trouble finding people to RP with, purely because I am so picky.

ProphecyEmpress

Dangerous Worshipper

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm

Well, you'll hate Zahzi's signature for a while...

And part of that problem may because you're picky.
What are you picky about?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:02 pm
The reason I mentioned it is because of Zahzi's signature. He reminded me of my horrible fear of sharks. XP

Well, I'm only picky from everyone else's point of view. I'm trying to get better about it, but I can easily lose interest in an RP if the pairing isn't one I like, it's too fast-paced, or my character doesn't really belong in that universe.

That being said, I role-play mainly fandoms, but I came here for the main purpose of role-playing something original. The problem is none of the current role-plays look all that appealing. X___X; I'm always such an oddball...

ProphecyEmpress

Dangerous Worshipper

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:18 pm

I'm just glad he hasn't done anything spider related.

Well...
I can see where everyone else is coming from.

I'm assuming by pairing, you mean someone's character gets involved with a character you wanted your's to get involved with, so you have personal role play jealously.
All I can say for that is to try not take too seriously, for it is just a role play, and people will do what they want.
Zahzi and I have gotten into the habit of most of our characters pairing off, since for a while, it was just him and I in this guild posting, so we became comfortable with each other.
We've had only THREE role plays out of dozens where our characters didn't pair up, and it's become common for us to deeply discuss our own upcoming role plays, characters, and their romance.

Fast pace is understandable.
Again, Zahzi and I have been alone for a while.
We've gotten used to nothing but one liners between each other.
But we now have enough role plays between him and I to occupy ourselves that we can drop off a few the wait for others to catch up to us.

Well... Looking at your profile, I'll say this.
It's bad to have one character set so heavily in stone.
Zahzi has a few 'set characters', or OC's, but they are adaptable for the world they're placed in.
Plus, he has so many he can make them fit in almost any world.
However, when the occasion arises, he's not afraid to make someone completely new to fit the area, or simply just have someone new.
You might want to consider letting go of your one special character, and just think of characters for that role play only.

As for no "original" role plays going on, you have to understand, we're a small group.
We find things were like, joke about them, and role play them.
Hard to come up with our own stories.
Not that's it's impossible.
We just use things we're more familiar with - things that already exist.
I can't tell you often I have internal battles to do something original in my role plays.
It drives Zahzi mad when I whine to him about being me feeling unoriginal.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:36 pm
Ah, my character seems like she isn't very adaptable, but I actually do adapt her to many different role-plays. I even changer her history, friendships, and the like based on which world she's in. All things considered, she's normally in the Yu-Gi-Oh universe. I'm starting to understand why people don't like role-playing with me. Yu-Gi-Oh is the main universe she's in, because most of the role-players I know are familiar with the show from at least their childhood.

I try not to be too serious; like you stated, it's just a role-play. It's just that no one ever wants to do what I do so that makes me more of an oddball than I want to be.

The reason I'm trying to get into original role-plays is...wait, you read my profile? Awkward...I need to modify my profile so I'm not so embarrassed when people actually do read it. Anyway, I'm trying to widen my interests. It's a bit difficult to explain, but I feel a bit bound by my current ones. I need something new. At the same time, I know nothing about the current role-plays. They seem to be based on games and shows I haven't watched. That's all fine and good, but I get a bit confused in worlds I'm not familiar with.

I don't mind one-liners. In fact, those tend to be the most enjoyable for me. Though, I also tend to put some thought into my posts too.

Yes, I understand. I noticed that this is a small group, and in retrospect, that makes me afraid no one here has anything in common with me, therefore my reason for joining seems a bit flawed now that I'm in the guild. XP

ProphecyEmpress

Dangerous Worshipper

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:44 pm

Ah.
Well if she's adaptable that'll help.
But don't be afraid to use someone else.
Nice to see a different face, ya know?

And depending on your tone, your idea, and how you suggest, there can be a variety of reasons why no one does what you want.
Zahzi and I discuss ideas all the time.
A lot of mine get shot down for being repeative, and mostly, just too plain mean (to my characters).

Well most of the game/show based role plays DO have a bit of a backround check, so those of who have no clue, get some clue.
But, those choices are your's.

Ditto.

Nah.
New comers are fine.
I just wanted you to know this is a small group, and we're used to it so we might do some odd things.
Like, we don't usually put ten minutes into making our posts giant and nice looking. rolleyes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:43 pm
It is nice to see a different face every once in awhile, which is why I don't play just one character in any role-play. And you know, I have a long list of OCs. I lost the list when my computer went to Hell. I know it seems like I'm restricted to one character, but that is not true. I use all kinds of characters.

I didn't realize my tone and a repetitive idea could get me shot down. Perhaps that's something I need to look into. Even though I try to give my search thread some variety and style, they could leave because of my tone, rules, and the fact my plots aren't very creative. I try to sound nice and accepting, but that might not be the way I sound. I'll have to pay more attention to my tone.

Moreover, I am horrible when it comes to ideas. They're often a rip-off of a fandom, because I have trouble coming up with my own ideas. Plus, everything I like tends to be overdone, and things I thought wouldn't get boring have gotten boring.

Thank goodness. I was afraid the group would be like that. I'm terrified of talking to people, but I need more places to role-play. Odd things? I role-play some pretty odd things.

ProphecyEmpress

Dangerous Worshipper

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:57 pm

Ah...
Well, you set off as one of those 'one size fits all' people with your character right there on your profile...
Might wanna fix that.

Your tone of voice can affect a person's decision a lot.
Keep this in mind when speaking to me.
I have a habit of putting tone behind words, so when you mean to be sincere, I see it as an attack and transformer in b***h Mode.
Basically, be VERY careful with your word choice and layout.

And join the club! xd
We're all ripping off someone else right now.

Nah...
We shy away from the 'pretty posts'.
If you do that, cool.
Just know most of right now don't do it.
It doesn't make the post any better..
Just stretches the page.
*looks at this post, and others*
I LOVE RED DEAD REDEMPTION DAMN IT.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:48 pm
Yea, there are many problems with my current profile. In fact, all of them have problems. I can't seem to make a decent profile worth a flip. There seems to be some internal debate about whether I should actually use mine for anything.

How careful can I be with my words? D: I already edit all my posts like 5 times, read the post again, edit it 3 more times, read it again, edit it another 5 times, read it again, then edit it like 10 more times. Then finally I just want to delete the post, because it makes me sound like a b***h or a depressed person. I'm so afraid of everyone ;-;... That being said, I also put tone behind words. That could be why I am constantly offended, though I choose not to express myself as such if possible. I also put tone behind a smiley face.

I hate the following smileys that people around me use:

:/
=/
-.-
-_-

^Those offend me for some unexplainable reason.

LOL! At least your post layout doesn't stretch the page. I hate post layouts. Tried them, didn't like 'em. Means I have to copy and paste the code again.

ProphecyEmpress

Dangerous Worshipper

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:11 am

Well if she's your OC you can keep her.
Just keep in mind - One size does not fit all.

It's hard to explain really.
As long as you're at least TRYING to not be mean/rude, your words won't come off as such and I won't transform on you.
Generally, I CAN be a nice person (DON'T LISTEN TO ZAHZI. HE IS A LYING JERK.).
Like everyone else, I have perks and quirks.
But some odd things also set me off at times thanks to an emotionally and mentally abusive father that I have, so anything that can remind me of his abusive side sets me off when it comes from other people, because I don't want to deal with it in two people, just him.
So when I find someone acting like my Dad, I explode on them because I have the authority to do it without getting killed for standing my ground.

Well, I'll try to not use them around you, but sometimes, they have a need...

Do what I do if you do pretty post s**t!
Quote yourself and delete the actual quote part.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:25 pm
Heh, I know. She's just my main OC, so that's why I explained some stuff about her in my profile.

You rhymed! >>; And this bag is trying to kill me. I actually have a strong hatred for emotionally and mentally abusive fathers, but I hope I never sound like him. I try my hardest to be nice, but I do have quirks too. I have difficulty detecting tone in real life, so some people tell me constantly to calm down. Plus, I can be really sensitive about what people tell me.

Well, a lot of role-playing elitists use those smilies. I do use "-_-" or "-.-" but only on a case-by-case basis. It's never directed at something the person I'm talking to did.

I'm sure I've done that a few times. I seem to forget to remove the quote part and then it looks all messy. XD

ProphecyEmpress

Dangerous Worshipper

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:33 pm

Yeah, I got that.

Well, as long as you don't treat/say I'm a dumbass over simple things, you should be okay.
Rest of the time, mind your tone.

I use smilies when I'm joking (playful ones), or if I'm pissed at someone I give them ol' -.- or =.=

Yeah, I've forgotten too.
That's what the edit button is for! razz

Role Player's Paradise

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas