Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { After School Special } -----Character Plotting
THE POE TREE CIRCLE -- poetry reading goth kid club!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cibarium

Noob

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:25 pm
Think you can tell a good scary story? Want some practice with your monologuing -- or, perhaps, just an audience? Do you have so much of a passion for words on paper that the Literature class just isn't enough for you? Well, my fellow members of our gross, grisly, and ghoulish student body, maybe the Poe-Tree Circle is up your dark downtown alley!

This club is more or less your fancy-shmancy pseudo-intellectual writer's circle, Halloween style. Students share and recite their original works here, and compete to see who can give the most melancholy and bone-chilling performances.

Location: ....does Amityville's campus have any enormous raven-infested trees, by any chance?

Species Allowed: Any and all. Just please have intact eyes, ears and vocal chords so you can participate!

Activities Include:
-Waxing on endlessly about how smart and unique they are. If you're joining this group, you'd best come with a ridiculous ego.
-Passing around stories, poems, scripts, etc. and getting feedback - if you're joining this group, your ridiculous ego better be reinforced against puncture wounds.
-Collaborating on a script or a themed series of monologues and putting on a yearly performance, possibly working with the drama club (THE DRAMA HAGS??? 8D)
-Some students with magical talent use club meetings to share techniques on enchanting books, notes and the like. This is an unofficial thing -- but when Second October rolls around, PTC members always seem to produce the most impressive loathe letters.

And, last but not least...

EPIC. RECITATION. DUELS. This is the celebrated center of PTC activity: two competitors face off and trade improvised verses until someone forfeits -- or falls. Poets and orators of yesteryear have been said to be so captivating with their voices that they could immobilize opponents, and so cutting with their wit that it would deal physical blows. All forms of rhythm and rhyme are brought to the floor, from the quaint and tricky haiku to the dangerous and nigh-untamable limerick.

So if you think you're monster enough for fancy handwriting and insults arranged in rhyme, the Poe Tree Circle might be the club for you: because while sticks and stones might break some bones, words cut straight to the innards.

So yeah, please post if this seems fun or stuff needs to be fixed or you have some ideas. c:

Prospective Members:
Figg
Braum
Yui
Raziel
Tess (captive audience!)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:27 pm
Oh my god insults in rhyme XDDD ******** AWESOME *seriously loves this concept, would just pop in to read club poetry battle rps haha *

I think in terms of timeline for a club creation, we will be doing an orientation open rp very soon to explain how classes/clubs work, and a minor submission form and then YEAH FRUITION. HOWEVER YOU SPELL IT.  

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:44 pm
Dear Sweet Jesus. I want in on this.

Eventually.

Somehow.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:11 pm
You fight like a dairy farmer?  

and be blue
Crew

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:35 am
and be blue
You fight like a dairy farmer?

You smell like rotten milk >8C  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:14 am
Tess will be more than happy to play captivated audience to this club. SRSLY.  

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

x___Doctor Ruri

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:26 pm
Sign Braum up yo. >3  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:57 pm

This sounds like the sort of club Yui's parents would order her to join. XD Count her in. :>

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

Naked Satan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:53 pm
Raziel wants in.
:U  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:01 pm
FORGIVE ME, FOR I AM OUT OF THE LOOP, did people still wanna do this thang? If so I shall put it up for approval. And maybe make a simple diceroll game for the dueling.  

cibarium

Noob

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:02 am
ISRAFEL THINKS THIS CLUB FIGG IS STUPID AND HE IS GOING TO JOIN THIS CLUB AND SHOW YOU WHY USING THIS SONG POEM THING HE WROTE.

Once a day, I seem to say,
That a ghost does come about
And each day, I seem to play
The song of the ghost with a pout

Figg, a pig, a ghost of emo sorts
Grey and nasty, hardly ghastly,
and also rather quite short.

Stickly, prickly, and utterly icky
He’s not useful at all
Figg, a twig, and also rather d**k…y

For you see, Figg is sad, And never glad
It make him useful as s**t
And this make the rest of us mad

Mad at Figg, a useless twig, we must suffer each and every day
As he sighs away, someday there will be hell to pay
Figg you useless little twig.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:09 am
Mouse - YES! Tess would still love to be their captive audience 8DDD she needs a club where she's not running flying around in XD  

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
{ After School Special } -----Character Plotting

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items