Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
Ghosts & Spirits

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you had encounters with the paranormal?
  Yes
  No
  I'm not sure.
View Results

Cerebian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:49 pm
I'm just curious on the encounters of other people. If you've had encounters I'd love to hear them.

On a side note if anyone can answer something that's been bugging me for a while I'd love it. I believe my self to be an empath to the spirits for a few reasons but I would just like to know if it's possible or if it's just my mind playing tricks on me. It may sound very corny but I promise on the Goddess that it's true. I love to watch the ghost shows, all of them and it never fails to happen to me when I'm watching them, when something intense happens the hair on my arm stansd up. It is not me being cold, becuase I will be under my covers snug as a bug. On more than one occasion while watching Ghost Adventures I have in fact cried or felt intense emotions while watching it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:07 pm
My own encounters have been docile and not quite threatening.
I believe my house to be haunted or atleast to have spirits residing here. Many times I've been walking down my hallway at night, which isn't a long hallway, and I get the sensation that something is scolding me and telling me to go to bed. Or they are fussing at me for something, to which I hurriedly get to my room and the feeling stops. More than one occasion there are things that have gone missing and then will suddenly pop up a few days or weeks later.

This happened when my nephew was very young and we were babysitting him. His pacifier was a bright blue that you could see clearly on our dark carpet. He was in the living room and was fussing and we were going to give the pacifier to him and couldn't find it. My mother and I searched the whole house, the living room where he was we searched extensively. So after searching from top to bottom we let it go and just gave him another pacifier. So about a day later my mother and I were laying down watching tv and I suddenly looked in the middle of the floor and immediately started shakign my mother to get her attention. In the middle of the floor was the bright blue pacifier. We were baffled.

Another occasion was when I encountered a shadow figure with my friend who was spending the night. We had stayed up till about 3 in the morning and were nearly delusional with the need for sleep. As we both put our laptops down and laid down I happened to glance at my ceiling. I know the glow of my laptop light is a very faint blue glow that shuts off after a while. And my friends had already shut off. On the ceiling was a shadow of a dog that appeared to be growling at us. We were so delerious that we didn't freak out and just calmly acknowledged it. I found it strange because it was lit up on my ceiling by a white light, which I didn't have in my room. Another strange thing is that my room is encircled in dream catchers and I seldom ever get bad feelings in my room. We consulted a friend on the shadow and he believes it to be a tracker of sorts. My friend had a bad dream which is something that does NOT happen with all of my dream catchers that the shadows had both of us by the throat and was asking us where someone was, where to find them. I saw the shadow dog again on my ceiling a few weeks later and I told it to leave me alone and not to come back again, so far, so good.

As I've said I've never felt threatened in my home till one night. I was drawing and leaned up against my head board. My head board blocks one of my windows and as I was sitting there I suddenly heard a bell sound or the sound of like something metallic outside my window. The hair on my whole body stood up and tears came to my eyes. I quickly made my way down my hallway and crawled onto my grandmothers bed and crawled all the way to the head of her bed. I could see my room from there and sat there shivering. When i explained to my grandmother what had happened and I started tearing up again she called the police. The officer checked outside my room and if it had been an animal the tracks would have been there since it had just rained and th area outside my window gets quite mushy. To this day I don't know what it was but I've never heard it again.

Cerebian

Mistreena

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:37 pm
Cerebian
On more than one occasion while watching Ghost Adventures I have in fact cried or felt intense emotions while watching it.

You are the first person I have heard of who is like me: I often tear up when watching such shows or talking about it with other people. I have started to believe it is some sort of psychological thing, but I don't quite understand it (I'm no psych major). However, I am a strong believer, and although I don't think I have to sight or any sort of power or ability, I want to help those spirits trapped in this world. I believe that many (though not all) have unfinished business or even do not realise they are death and need help passing over. I often wish I could do something to help, so maybe that is what causes the crying when talking about ghosts and such.

The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games