Welcome to Gaia! ::

FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Back to Guilds

The best final fantasy guild on gaia; covering for ALL of your Final Fantasy needs! 

Tags: final fantasy, kingdom hearts, square enix, gaming, forever 

Reply "Other" ~ non-related discussions
So i got P3P (Persona 3...)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:32 pm
...And holy ******** crap is it interesting!
This was an RPG i had an "Eh" thought about...but now that i actually have it and played it, i can say this was a total curve ball covered in spikes into my face! just form the minute i hit the game, i thought it was one of the RPG games that was wait a few scenes till you get in the real game...but since beginning it i was playing the game. I do love the voices and the battle system is what i knew about...but i never knew you had one of those Dating Sim type of attributes to expand the game (excluding the dating). if there was any RPG that rivals FF...it is Persona!

If you have played it, give me your thoughts.

i thought it was a love/hate game....now i know it's a "Buy this if you like RPGs or GTFO!"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:02 am
I always thought it look boring as hell..but turning up good has happened to me a hell lotta times..

Could you give me a little review of the game so far? (im getting abit tempted.) ^ w^

Thanks.  

Aeshien

metal_blossom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:43 pm
The games story is simply down right great. Though the gameplay can use a bit of polishing. I haven't played the PSP version of the game, but one thing that is a major turn off for me is a the unability to control the other characters in your team (Kinda like FFXIII ore the Tales series if you think about it, but it's a typical turn based RPG and not as fast paced as those two games, so things can get irksome sometimes). This was corrected in Persona 4 which made me take a liking to it more so then Persona 3 and which made me put down P3 for a long time, but I knew someday I'd get back to it and I'm currently coming up on the ending now whee

There never is a dull moment in the games main storyline. It just keeps greatness coming scene to scene and each one more intese then the last. However, some of the social links could get downright boring at parts, but in by the time you max a social link it is guranteed to have been worth while. Social linking is deffiently one of the aspects that makes this game truly great and highly enjoyable.

Also another downfall would be that the timeline in the game forces you to keep up with it, so you have to wisely choose how your going to spend the day. Studying, building a social link, or just level grinding, each one a important to build as the game progresses. But that just makes the game a tad more chalenging I suppose.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:52 am
Funny I beat P3 on September 22nd... HA! A really good ending in all regards. Though... My favorite RPG ending is DQVIII P3 falls into second place.  

metal_blossom

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:12 pm
The fighting is boring like 13 but it was how i say a bit more fun. Sadly i have to stop attacking to hear the battle tune fully.
And in regards to the social Links and the 1 year timeline gives it that challenge like the first Pikmin game had. The voice acting in it amazed me. Usually the VA in some games like this tend to sound fake but this...felt a bit more like it.
Fun Story: The day i bought it, the Gamestop i went to gave me the Pre-Order hat and told me "No one bought the game and the hat was a leftover." So i got something epic out of it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:34 pm
I wonder how far along the OP is along in the game.  

metal_blossom

the_great_detective

3,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:29 am
The dungeon crawling and fighting can get boring and repetitive. However, that's not the reason why Persona 3 is a good game. It's more of the "relationships" the character develops and how you can relate to the characters that make it so enjoyable.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:10 am
I noticed someone complained about not being able to control your parties actions in battle. You actually can in the P3P version. You have to use the tactics command and switch everyone to Direct Commands, and from then on, you choose the actions of each character.  

Fated raison detre

O.G. Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cart Raider 100
"Other" ~ non-related discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items