Submit

Would you like a Bible Study?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:20 pm

This has been done before, but it didn't get very far. I thought we could try again, with me leading the study this time.

I'm still working out some of the details, but how would you guys like to have one?

It would be a monthly Bible study, so you wouldn't have near as many demands on you with weekly Bible studies. Essentially, we will go through a book every month. You will learn interesting facts and be given some guides as to how to read through the book. Also, any questions you have about the book can be shared and answered.

My hope is that, from this, you will gain an accurate understanding of what each book in the Bible is about and what the Bible itself says.

What do you guys think about this? Vote for or against so I have an idea, please, and feel free to leave comments! In fact, that would be greatly appreciated. ^_^

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:36 pm
I think this is great. (: I'd be glad to be a part of this if you end up putting it together! ^_____^

Wishboxx

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:40 pm

^_^

I'm all ready doing a lot of theological and biblical homework, plus hermeneutics, so I might as well lead a Bible study too! razz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:31 pm
i think its a great idea. i really learned alot from all the debates ive read on other threads about what certain bits mean  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:57 pm
Sure a bible study sounds great. I think it will be a good opportunity to hear (read) and comment on different perspectives on the books in the bible.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:35 am
Is this something that would simply be posted or would we want to meet up somewhere once a month? Like the 2nd Saturday of the month at someone's gaia house?  

squeakygirl
Captain

6,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:10 am

This is something that will be ongoing, taking place in the guild. It's not a "meet up and discuss", because that would require everyone to set up specific times and dates, and not everyone can do that. So, to make it more convenient for people, I will post as much information as I can about the books we're going to be studying. Throughout the month we will discuss it. I will also be posting things that you should learn from the book we study.

It will be one thread, and I will update it every month when we go to a new book. This will allow for people to go back through the thread and find the old studies that we've done, so they can glean from them in case they were too busy that month or are new to the guild and want to check out the history.

My plan is to start with the Gospel, Luke, and then go straight into Acts, as it is the sequel to Luke's Gospel. I'm considering taking us into Romans after that, and then maybe addressing 1-2 letters at a time the following months.

I'm also planning an Advent study, and I want to do an Easter study next year.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:22 am
I think what you have planned is great. (:  

Wishboxx

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:26 am
Wishboxx
I think what you have planned is great. (:

Thank you! That's very sweet of you! =^_^=

heart

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:11 pm

The Bible Study will be starting in the next few days. We will be starting with Luke. ^_^

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:19 pm
Would you be creating a single thread for this or a totally separate forum?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:34 pm

A single thread, which I am currently working on.
The Bible Study was supposed to have started by now, but I have been so busy with school and work...

I will try to get it finished soon. We won't be able to spend as much time on Luke as I'd hoped, but we should still get the basics so we can move into Acts.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

ii-lunargem-ii

Dangerous Lunatic

6,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:58 pm
I think that is a great idea ^_^

i needed to learn more about the bible/god more anyways!
this is exactly what i was looking for in this guild!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:48 pm
Sorry that I haven't been very active in the guild.
But yes, I think that's a great idea(:  

x B e a c h P a s t e l s

5,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Befriended 100
~Ancient Scrolls~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items