Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia's Official Body Modification Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Facial & Oral Piercings
Kewpie bites/Angel bites/ whatever they're called!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do YOU call them?
Kewpie Bites!!!
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Angel bites! Holy rawr!
83%
 83%  [ 10 ]
They don't HAVE a silly name, silly!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other. Because you're no fun.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

~Transylvanian_Concubine~

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:50 am
I got two piercings on my upper lip, right on the outer edge of my Cupid's bow. They look great, but the inside has been having lots of trouble healing; no matter what length of labret jewelry I wear, the backs are desperate to embed in my lip. When I had seamless rings - my lip swelled to unsightly proportions. After weeks of my piercers and I brainstorming ideas on how to fix this dilemma, nothing so far has COMPLETELY worked (salt soaks, cold compresses, releasing body's natural 'flora', etc.). They ARE better now however, but I was wondering if anyone could advise me on how to keep them in tip-top shape so they can actually heal properly?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:22 pm
Are the bars really short?
That could be an issue.. or you could always try bars that have bigger flat backs.. so they can't 'sink in' as easily.

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

OceaNova

Beloved Lover

8,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:28 pm
Those are very good suggestions. I got the same thing, and larger bars definitely helped.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:06 pm
Thanks a bunch!  

nevermore1337

7,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:06 pm
I got two piercings on my upper lip, right on the outer edge of my Cupid's bow. They look great, but the inside has been having lots of trouble healing; no matter what length of labret jewelry I wear, the backs are desperate to embed in my lip. When I had seamless rings - my lip swelled to unsightly proportions. After weeks of my piercers and I brainstorming ideas on how to fix this dilemma, nothing so far has COMPLETELY worked (salt soaks, cold compresses, releasing body's natural 'flora', etc.). They ARE better now however, but I was wondering if anyone could advise me on how to keep them in tip-top shape so they can actually heal properly?

rings help or you could try flipping your jewlrey around for a few days  
Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff