Don't know what to do

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Janet23

Festive Builder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:07 pm
My best friend is getting married to her baby daddy/boyfriend. Usually I'm pretty happy for stuff like this but lately i can only lie to her about my happiness. Usually I don't lie to her but this is so important to her and i can't figure out how to share how I really feel. I won't go into too much detail but the dude hates kids and when she was pregnant told her to get an abortion. Now he acts like he wants to be apart of his daughter's life but he hurts her and he still apparently hates kids. And she has told me he has tried to be abusive/controlling towards her as well. I've tried telling her about how I felt about it before and she just says she loves him and it'll get better. I don't trust him at all especially since he sleeps with girls and leaves them quickly for other girls. He even lied to her about being living with his parents while he was dating and living with another girl while trying to get back with my friend. I've tried so hard to tell her the truth but it's hard. Especially since she asked me to one of her bridesmaids. What are somethings I could? I don't want to watch my friend get into something that can be potentially dangerous to her and my "niece"/ her daughter. I've tried praying but it doesn't feel like what I should be doing. I feel like a bad friend/sister sad  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:18 pm
Confront her about it. If she still insists on staying with him, give her the facts listed here. If she still won't admit she's wrong, confront her fiancΓ©.  

Lucky-Emi

Lusitana

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:15 pm
β™©β™ͺβ™« π”ͺ𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 π”ͺ𝔢 π”’π”žπ”―π”° β™«β™ͺβ™©
she's your best friend! like a sister to you, right? you know her, so talk to her, be honest to your best friend about your feelings, your fears for her...

it's very important to talk to her about this, understand what's her idea and why is that her idea, then share.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:16 pm

Talk to her and be open with her.

Easier said than done.

Before you do anything else regarding this, you need to pray. You need to ask God for guidance, and you need to ask Him for the strength to talk to your friend about this.

If this person is abusive and wicked, you need to help keep her from getting into a marriage with this man. Because once you're married, the only Biblical divorce requires the spouse to have committed adultery. Otherwise, any other divorce causes everyone else to live in sin.

Talk to her. Confront her about it. Tell her how you feel. For all you know she's feeling the same way, and when you open up to her it will give her the strength to go forward with leaving him. Once you have done this, you need to realize that she will be looking to YOU for emotional support.

Be there for her. Be strong in the Lord, and He will make you strong for her. And pray that God will open her mind to receive the things you will be telling her.

If she chooses not to listen, consider talking with the fiancee. That may be an unwise move, however, which is why you need to ask God for guidance first and foremost. He won't lead you astray.

If this doesn't work, then you must let her make the mistake. Hopefully she will learn from it.

I'll be praying for you, and for her and the fiancee.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Janet23

Festive Builder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:53 pm
I haven't talked to her yet but I am seeing her tomorrow. And about talking to her fiance...he honestly doesn't like me. I've gotten the feeling/vibe that he hates when I'm around and my friend has told me a few times that he's not very fond of black people to put it in nicer terms :/. I don't like being around him alone anyways.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:04 am
Janet23
I haven't talked to her yet but I am seeing her tomorrow. And about talking to her fiance...he honestly doesn't like me. I've gotten the feeling/vibe that he hates when I'm around and my friend has told me a few times that he's not very fond of black people to put it in nicer terms :/. I don't like being around him alone anyways.
β™©β™ͺβ™« π”ͺ𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 π”ͺ𝔢 π”’π”žπ”―π”° β™«β™ͺβ™©

indeed, alone with a person like this, i would also be unable to.
but this you just said is one more reason for the list of reasons you wrote above... (reasons to see him as a dangerous person and reason to talk to your friend before she falls into it)
you have two persons you want to protect - one is being blind the other is totally innocent.
pray! i will also pray with you.  

Lusitana

Invisible Shapeshifter

Janet23

Festive Builder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:05 pm
Thanks for the advice and prayers everyone. I talked to her about it and she at least postponed the wedding for another 7 months to get him to go to counseling....like that'll happen. Please keep her in prayer and for me as well. I've gave her my opinion and given it to God and hope that everything turns out good.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:52 am

Thanks for giving us an update! Continued prayers. heart

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

ADVICE

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out