Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
How to Create A Soul Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xxSeikoxx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:05 pm
Is there a possibility of a human making a soul with ones beliefs? The wishes of a lonely fellow, who wanted to have a friend can turn one such non-human being to have a soul. I don't think it is possible, but people do have imaginary friends and sleeping their toy friends at night. Perhaps only people who created the soul can only see them? For example, placing life into a toy that your precious dead relative gave to you.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:13 pm
Tulpas.

Not a good idea.

Naynram Ukir

xxSeikoxx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:21 pm
Naynram Ukir
Tulpas.

Not a good idea.

Why is that?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:44 pm
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir
Tulpas.

Not a good idea.

Why is that?

People can lose control of them. Also, I just don't think it's right to be making a soul of our own will. I believe that is the eternal mystery's area of work. Any soul you make will be one of your own, and that's not always a good thing. That's like creating a soul clone. About the inverse as a normal clone. Different look, same soul.

Naynram Ukir

xxSeikoxx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:48 pm
Naynram Ukir
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir
Tulpas.

Not a good idea.

Why is that?

People can lose control of them. Also, I just don't think it's right to be making a soul of our own will. I believe that is the eternal mystery's area of work. Any soul you make will be one of your own, and that's not always a good thing. That's like creating a soul clone. About the inverse as a normal clone. Different look, same soul.

Is there any way of using magic to create one soul then?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:53 pm
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir
Tulpas.

Not a good idea.

Why is that?

In my opinion, creating a tulpa with will power is a form of magic, since a soul and thoughts contain energy. But any other way, I do not know of.
Why would you want to though?

Naynram Ukir

xxSeikoxx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:01 pm
Naynram Ukir
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir
Tulpas.

Not a good idea.

Why is that?

In my opinion, creating a tulpa with will power is a form of magic, since a soul and thoughts contain energy. But any other way, I do not know of.

I was just reading a book, and a fellow teenager was communicating with a young witch (her older cousin) who has a toy lion which came to life.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:19 pm
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir
Tulpas.

Not a good idea.

Why is that?

I was just reading a book, and a fellow teenager was communicating with a young witch (her older cousin) who has a toy lion which came to life.

It's a fictional book. sweatdrop

Naynram Ukir

xxSeikoxx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:26 pm
Naynram Ukir
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir

Not quiet, it shows some realistic magic in it. For example the iron cross, it was used to protect land and was placed on the coats of knights in Germany. Along with the 7th magic square of the sun with the elements and the four great kings Ariel, Seraph, Tharshis and Cherub. When engraved and made into a talisman, it grants the wearer to break any chains and obtain freedom.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:28 pm
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir

Not quiet, it shows some realistic magic in it. For example the iron cross, it was used to protect land and was placed on the coats of knights in Germany. Along with the 7th magic square of the sun with the elements and the four great kings Ariel, Seraph, Tharshis and Cherub. When engraved and made into a talisman, it grants the wearer to break any chains and obtain freedom.

Just because it borrows symbolism does not mean they thought out the magic of the doll quite as well, unfortunately.
What book is this btw?

Naynram Ukir

xxSeikoxx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:31 pm
Naynram Ukir
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir

Just because it borrows symbolism does not mean they thought out the magic of the doll quite as well, unfortunately.
What book is this btw?

It is not quiet a book, but a game of murder and mystery along with occult magic included in it. I am just only reading the visual novel. That was just an example, it meant nothing about creating life in dolls.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:31 am
Umineko no naku koro ni is fictional, regardless of how realistic the practices in it are - that said, there's certainly nothing wrong with attempting to see if those practices can be replicated in real life: is Naynram (Maryann?) said, a tulpa/servitor/thoughtform is the closest equivalent you may be able to get, since actual animation of inanimate matter is nigh unheard of, save for things like the Golem of Prague.

(Incidentally, like most anime-magick, the magic here doesn't seem to bear a strong tie to realism as you might think: Ariel is an angel, Seraph is the singular form for the plural "Seraphim", a class of angels, Tharshis I've never heard of (nor has Wikipedia, apparently, but I'm tempted to think it might refer to Paul of Tarsus, and Cherub is the singular form for the plural "Cherubim", another class of angels - these aren't "great kings", they're impressive occult-sounding names thrown together to seem mysterious and interesting, but many practising occultists would know them upon hearing them and realise that they're not quite right).  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Naynram Ukir

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:12 am
Is that what it's called?
Sweet.
I love the higurashi No Koko Koro Ni Series. I might like this too.
/completely off topic. haha

The idea of soul transmigration to another item is different from creating a 'soul'/thoughtform in itself too. Like transplanting a soul from a human into a doll, but I don't know of any key word: real magic like that. It has come up in anime such as FMA (Al), or Bleach (Kon or other mod souls) though.
Other than the science of transhumanism in robotics I don't know of anything like that, and even then it's only really speculated.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:20 am
Naynram Ukir
Sweet.

The idea of soul transmigration to another item is different from creating a 'soul'/thoughtform in itself too. Like transplanting a soul from a human into a doll, but I don't know of any key word: real magic like that. It has come up in anime such as FMA (Al), or Bleach (Kon or other mod souls) though.
Other than the science of transhumanism in robotics I don't know of anything like that, and even then it's only really speculated.

that's Alchemy in FMA o.O  

iDarthy

Desirable Werewolf

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200

Naynram Ukir

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:53 am
iDarthy
Naynram Ukir
Sweet.

that's Alchemy in FMA o.O

That's what they call it.
But there are different forms of "alchemy" in FMA.
The basic, one thing to another by "magic" by the "law of equivalent exchange", then human alchemy, trying to bring back the dead, and then like an "alchemically" bonded spirit to a form of metal, such is the case of Alphonse Elric.

The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff