Welcome to Gaia! ::

Depthless Imagination

Back to Guilds

semi-literate minimum roleplay and forum discussions (anime, literature, videogames, art, etc.) Looking for role players and ideas!! 

Tags: role play, fantasy, sci-fi, anime, vampire 

Reply Literature Discussion Forum
Star Wars Books Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whom do you serve?
  Sith
  Jedi
  Trade Federation
  Black Sun
  Reble Allaince
  The Empire
  Hutt Cartel
  Zann Consortium
  Hapes Consortium
  Bothan Spynet
View Results

Anaithnid Miuil
Captain

Swashbuckling Pirate

13,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:58 am
User ImageRanging from the Sith Era to the New Jedi and Legacy Era's there are seemingly innumerable books delving deeper into the world George Lucas first created. there are novels, novellas, short stories, manga, journals, comics, graphic novels, etc. How many of these books have you read? Do you like them? What do you like or dislike about them? DO you favor a particular author or era? Share any and all opinions you might have with your guild family!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.So far I have read:
Darth Bane: Path of Destruction by: Drew Karpyshyn
Darth Bane: Rule of Two by: Drew Karpyshyn
The Force unleashed by: Sean Williams
Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter by: Michael Reeves
I am working on:
Dark Lord: The Rise Of Darth Vader by: James Luceno
I am training to be a Sith under Darth Malice
Peace is a lie. There is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
—Darth Bane, Dark Lord of the Sith

Anaithnid Miuil
Captain

Swashbuckling Pirate

13,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Darth_Malice_66

5,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:33 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I have read so many books, it's hard to keep track. Above are the covers of all the books I've read, and I'm certain I'm missing some! Out of them all the Bane books are the best. I do hope that the author continues by following Darth Zannah!
The best ones are probably Bane: Rule of Two and Dynasty of Evil. I love the way the characters have developed and the way that the plot has been laid out.
I have tons more that I have yet to actually read that I need to smile Future projects for sure!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:01 pm
Well, I've only read one (can't remember the name sadly but it was short and it was in between a New Hope and the creation of the Empire) book, but I did also read up on the species and such. Personally, my favorite era was the Old Republic (because I LOVE KOTOR) and after the end of the Yshavong wars (I know I spelled that wrong, but I don't remember the spelling) because it is so open and easy to make fanfics, and I love making Star Wars fanfics! But for some reason, the Old Republic just felt the most comfortable for me, and I have no idea why. Maybe it was just the atmosphere that the stories created.  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Darth_Malice_66

5,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:13 pm
Since you love KOTOR, something that might interest you is that Darth Bane: Path of Destruction was actually going to be the 3rd KOTOR game at one point. The man who wrote it is one of the writers of the KOTOR games.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:55 am
I grew up on Jedi Apprentice and Jedi Quest as a kid. Also the Boba Fett (as a kid) series, Junior Jedi Knights, and Young Jedi Knights. Right now I'm in the middle of the Thrawn Triology and the New Jedi Order. I also plan on reading the X-Wing series.

I think one of my favorite video games of all time has to be KotOR. The writing was just so amazing. Although one of my pet peeves is that canoncally Revan is male and the Jedi Exile is female. I seriously think it should be the other way around, so in my own personal canon it is.

I tend to have my own personal canon. Like how the new Clone Wars series and Asoka don't exist. That new series destoryes all the carefully planned books, comics, and the original Clone Wars series.

Yeah, I may be a little obsessed with Star Wars. blaugh Actually I'm currently working on some fanfic. If you guys like Star Wars fanfic you should check out my fanfiction profile, link's in my signature.  

KaNugget

4,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Anaithnid Miuil
Captain

Swashbuckling Pirate

13,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:52 pm
So KaNugget you love all the Jedi? Why may I ask?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:18 pm
KaNugget
I grew up on Jedi Apprentice and Jedi Quest as a kid. Also the Boba Fett (as a kid) series, Junior Jedi Knights, and Young Jedi Knights. Right now I'm in the middle of the Thrawn Triology and the New Jedi Order. I also plan on reading the X-Wing series.

I think one of my favorite video games of all time has to be KotOR. The writing was just so amazing. Although one of my pet peeves is that canoncally Revan is male and the Jedi Exile is female. I seriously think it should be the other way around, so in my own personal canon it is.

I tend to have my own personal canon. Like how the new Clone Wars series and Asoka don't exist. That new series destoryes all the carefully planned books, comics, and the original Clone Wars series.

Yeah, I may be a little obsessed with Star Wars. blaugh Actually I'm currently working on some fanfic. If you guys like Star Wars fanfic you should check out my fanfiction profile, link's in my signature.

Not to sound like too much of a snob, but if you ever want your fanfic to be taken seriously you'll have to accept the Cannon and write by it's rules. I'm currently writing what I hope will one day be published into a Star Wars book, and I have to follow the cannon. Trust me, there are things that I don't like either, but to be taken seriously as a Star Wars writer one has to follow what's written, otherwise it's not really star wars.  

Darth_Malice_66

5,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100

Roxus The Cat

Romantic Fatcat

7,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:52 pm
Im a Grievous fan. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:55 pm
They've done a lot more with Grevious in the new Clone Wars series than they did in the movie. I like him to a point, but I can't get past the fact that he is just a first model version of Vader.
My favorite sepratist commander would have to be Asajj!  

Darth_Malice_66

5,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100

Anaithnid Miuil
Captain

Swashbuckling Pirate

13,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:14 pm
you have to admit though Grievous's death was pretty sad. Although I have always wnated to know what the heck kind of creature he was before he was made int a tin can.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:12 am
User Image
General Grievous was originally a Kaleesh. His original name was: Qymaen jai Sheela and he was a great warlord among his people, until he met a female of his species named: Ronderu lij Kummar. He fell in love before her death at the hands of the HUK. After that he re-named himself Grievous and sought revenge, driving the HUK off his planet.
After the Huk defeated Grievous' forces with the aid of the Jedi, Grievous took up a post as an enforcer for the InterGalactic Banking Clan. When he heard that the Huk had attacked Kalee he planned to return to gain vengeance, but unfortunately for him, the chairman of the Intergalactic banking Clan planted a bomb on Grievous' shuttle. Grievous was seriously wounded, but not killed, which is when the Intergalactic Banking clan finished their master plan and rebuilt Grievous as a cyborg and presented him to Count Dooku as a weapon in the coming war.
You can read all about it, and more in depth here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/General_Grevious  

Darth_Malice_66

5,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100

Anaithnid Miuil
Captain

Swashbuckling Pirate

13,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:51 pm
Does everyone turn to the Dark Side when they have relationship problems? Vader turned because he finally did what so many people wanted to do all along! Grievous joins because his girlfriend got killed. Bane, Sidious and Maul seem to be the only ones free from such feelings that I have read about, Zannah sees fit to use people for what she can before eliminating them. Of course Zannah and Maul had benefit of being raised in the Dark Side.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:34 pm
Well bear in mind that Grievous had no force ability. He was instructed how to use a lightsaber, but no force sensitivity. He couldn't really turn from the Light to the Dark. He just kinda got ticked off.  

Darth_Malice_66

5,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100

Anaithnid Miuil
Captain

Swashbuckling Pirate

13,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:38 pm
Darth_Malice_66
Well bear in mind that Grievous had no force ability. He was instructed how to use a lightsaber, but no force sensitivity. He couldn't really turn from the Light to the Dark. He just kinda got ticked off.

That is true or he probably would not have had such a sad death.  
Literature Discussion Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff