Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Help, tips, and conversations on CoD:MW2. 

Tags: call of duty, modern warfare, cod mw2, xbox, playstation 

Reply The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild
Racism in the game? O:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Preliat Militis

Enduring Cultist

11,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:35 am
I know everyone has experienced it from other players online and all that jazz, but at the very beginning of Hornet's Nest when Ghost says "What about Rojas, sir?" I swear it sounds like Soap says "The spics will take care of him." For those who might not know, that's a derogatory term for someone of hispanic descent. Has anyone else heard this?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:12 pm
o_x_Shifty_x_o
I know everyone has experienced it from other players online and all that jazz, but at the very beginning of Hornet's Nest when Ghost says "What about Rojas, sir?" I swear it sounds like Soap says "The spics will take care of him." For those who might not know, that's a derogatory term for someone of hispanic descent. Has anyone else heard this?

Doesn't sound like his saying "Spics" to me. I mean he is British so he has that accent. So I don't think the makers of the game would put that.  

Ocelot913

ArticRainer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:49 pm
GetYourAsianTurtleOn
o_x_Shifty_x_o

Doesn't sound like his saying "Spics" to me. I mean he is British so he has that accent. So I don't think the makers of the game would put that.

nice avi  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:50 am
i never heard him say it but it would be funny if he did  

Renji Abarai The Great

4,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Fujistu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:57 pm
GetYourAsianTurtleOn
o_x_Shifty_x_o

Well, actually hes Scottish, isn't he? Which sometimes for me is more difficult to understand. "Shepard betreed us." He says something like that.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:41 pm
Fujistu
GetYourAsianTurtleOn
o_x_Shifty_x_o

Well, actually hes Scottish, isn't he? Which sometimes for me is more difficult to understand. "Shepard betreed us." He says something like that.

I don't think so remember in Cod4? He joined the SAS like idk if he was from some other country but I'm pretty sure he is British. To me he does not have that Scottish accent only British. And I think he has the British flag on his uniform if you can see it.  

Ocelot913

Fujistu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:50 pm
GetYourAsianTurtleOn
Fujistu
GetYourAsianTurtleOn
o_x_Shifty_x_o

I don't think so remember in Cod4? He joined the SAS like idk if he was from some other country but I'm pretty sure he is British. To me he does not have that Scottish accent only British. And I think he has the British flag on his uniform if you can see it.

That's not British. Remember the United Kingdom? Scotland is apart of that union. So hes not from a different country.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:27 pm
Fujistu
GetYourAsianTurtleOn
Fujistu
GetYourAsianTurtleOn
o_x_Shifty_x_o

That's not British. Remember the United Kingdom? Scotland is apart of that union. So hes not from a different country.

Oh sorry my bad lol. I wasn't paying attention. xD  

Ocelot913

pure seyelance

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:15 pm
when i first saw this i thought it was about multiplayer...but then again, every little kid can say the N word because they're stoner parents don't care, but really i thought i heard it too...but he didn't, mactavish has a weird accent, you know, since he's part of the S.A.S  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:28 pm
Fujistu
GetYourAsianTurtleOn
o_x_Shifty_x_o

Yes, He is indeed scottish. not british. -facepalm-  

Dubbystep

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items