Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Straight Furries Have It Rough! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentFox21993

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:42 pm
You know how it feels to have that perfect person in your life? My mate is that person to me. She actually helped me realize that I was a furry, as she is one too. We never argue...literally the biggest dispute we got into was over the pronounciation of the word `dachshund.` She is moving away by choice, and she is basically telling me that we won`t be together anymore when she`s gone. This made me think long and hard, and I realized that it is very hard for straight male furries to find girlfriends that arent furry. I`m not discriminating against gays, but gay non-furry guys tend to be okay with the idea of his boyfriend being a furry. Most straight girls, on the other hand, all seem to be completely repulsed by furries, usually taking the `animal f**ker` view. It`s very discouraging.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:54 pm
I've managed to find a way. Don't take anyone's s**t and walk with your head held high.  

Coyote Master Brutus

Dapper Werewolf

SilentFox21993

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:59 pm
I try, and usually do, but sometimes it isnt a real smile people see on my face.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:04 pm
I know how you feel, and to solve the problem I'm moving closer to the one I love, so that I won't have to deal with being without her for much longer. After much searching and finaly finding I'm not willing to let go of her so easily.  

Kaito Kajuji

Friendly Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SilentFox21993

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:08 pm
but im stuck living where i am now.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:09 pm
That is a problem, but I wouldn't give up hope yet, but if it does come to you needing to find a new gf I'd look in the fandom. It's a lot easier that way ya know?  

Kaito Kajuji

Friendly Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Coyote Master Brutus

Dapper Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:10 pm
Or, date your way through the phonebook. Worked for me  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:30 pm
locally me and my mate, and one other girl who is lezbian, are furries. and dating your way throuh the phonebook? doesnt sound like me.  

SilentFox21993

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:31 pm
As a straight furry of the female persuasion, I must say it can't be that hard for a hetero guy to find a girl. I've gotten my fair share of random, unwelcome fur-flirting.

Most of my problems with them are that furries are so...socially retarded I can't stand to speak to them very long. If they are in fact speaking, and not trying to e-molest me from the get-go.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:48 pm
shoki_de_nai
As a straight furry of the female persuasion, I must say it can't be that hard for a hetero guy to find a girl. I've gotten my fair share of random, unwelcome fur-flirting.

Most of my problems with them are that furries are so...socially retarded I can't stand to speak to them very long. If they are in fact speaking, and not trying to e-molest me from the get-go.

THANK YOU!
All of my social dealings with furries have been through the internet, but from what I can tell most furries are pretty damn unsociable. All through highschool I was a pretty popular guy, and I never had a problem telling people I was a furry. If you act weird about the subject, people will interpret the subject as weird.  

12neowolf34

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:13 pm
12neowolf34
shoki_de_nai

THANK YOU!
All of my social dealings with furries have been through the internet, but from what I can tell most furries are pretty damn unsociable. All through highschool I was a pretty popular guy, and I never had a problem telling people I was a furry. If you act weird about the subject, people will interpret the subject as weird.

It's not all that much better in real life. I've been to furry cons and there's the same socially inappropriate behavior as there is online. To a lesser extent, thank God, but it's still there. Especially for fursuiters who have some of that sense of being anonymous because they're in a costume.

My typical "random furry" experience:

"Hey there! *murrs and glomps you* =^-^="
"Uh, do I know you?"
"No, silly! [continued physical attention and animal noises here]"
"...THEN WHY ARE YOU TOUCHING ME?"
"Your mean! =T__T= "
"My mean what?"
"...[runs away sobbing]"

Granted, that is better than the ones who immediately start asking about my sexual experiences/talking about their dangles.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:10 pm
shoki_de_nai
Granted, that is better than the ones who immediately start asking about my sexual experiences/talking about their dangles.

Wow. I think this is the reason why I never hang around with other furries. So there are others out there who do not think this behaviour is all right.  

00Shoe
Captain

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:12 pm
00Shoe
shoki_de_nai

Wow. I think this is the reason why I never hang around with other furries. So there are others out there who do not think this behaviour is all right.

Haha, that's mostly online behaviors and not exclusive to furries...but definately more prominent.

...Not that furries "irl" won't inappropriately touch you. gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:45 am
I'm strate, I'm just sick when humans cal furrys 'fur fags'
(sorry if i afeneded anyone!!)  

XxX_Dark-Maiden15XxX

5,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:52 am
Xx_Hells-Fox458Xx
I'm strate, I'm just sick when humans cal furrys 'fur fags'
(sorry if i afeneded anyone!!)

I believe that's just 4chan or people who visit that site (then spread it around).
4chan calls everyone f**.
I think of the term as endearing.
:"3

Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out