Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Psychic Science - A website

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:54 pm
http://www.psychicscience.org/Default.aspx

This website if full of resources that anyone interested in psionics or psychic abilities should find useful. It has ways to test and train abilities as well as educational resources.

I highly recommend it to anyone interested in an easy way to test and hone abilities.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:44 am
I think it's a fun website, but I'm not too into psychic phenomena unless it relates to personal life. Card games, and telekineses games aren't really my thing. Neither is divination for the most part usually.

The birth chart thing is neat though.

Naynram Ukir

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:06 pm
Strange, I've been more and more interested in psionics for the last few days. What a coincidence...

OR IS IT?!!!

XD  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:03 pm
Cain Elite
Strange, I've been more and more interested in psionics for the last few days. What a coincidence...

OR IS IT?!!!

XD

Sounds similar to my habit of studying or reading about a topic and then something comes on TV concerning that specific topic a day or so later.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:17 pm
Obscurus
Cain Elite

OR IS IT?!!!

XD

Sounds similar to my habit of studying or reading about a topic and then something comes on TV concerning that specific topic a day or so later.
Could this be the true power of the mind once time and space are contained?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:18 pm
Cain Elite
Obscurus
Cain Elite

OR IS IT?!!!

XD

I think it's what people refer to as "synchronicity."  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:25 pm
Obscurus
Cain Elite
Obscurus
Cain Elite

OR IS IT?!!!

XD

Sounds cool but doesn't seem to be...safe.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:51 pm
Cain Elite
Obscurus
Cain Elite
Obscurus
Cain Elite

OR IS IT?!!!

XD

Synchronicity doesn't seem to be safe?  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Bloodstorm Revolution

Shy Noob

13,575 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:23 pm
Obscurus

This website if full of resources that anyone interested in psionics or psychic abilities should find useful. It has ways to test and train abilities as well as educational resources.

I highly recommend it to anyone interested in an easy way to test and hone abilities.

So i was trying out the Zenner cards on the ESP test.

It was kind of strange but i wouuld always have two answers in my mind and quite literally always one of the 2 cards i had thought of were correct but i had a bit of a problem that i'm going to try my best to explain. ^^;

I would look at the cards and then something about one of them would stand out - (these are the cards i should pick because they are the ones that end up being right) but instead my mind would be like "Nah it has to be that card" and picked one different from the one that i felt was right (If i am making any sense)

So basically i'm thinking so what? just go with the one you feel is right. So i tried doing this but my mind ended up winning most of the time. So i'm kinda at a loss there..  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:42 pm
Screaming Nightshade
Obscurus

It was kind of strange but i wouuld always have two answers in my mind and quite literally always one of the 2 cards i had thought of were correct but i had a bit of a problem that i'm going to try my best to explain. ^^;

I would look at the cards and then something about one of them would stand out - (these are the cards i should pick because they are the ones that end up being right) but instead my mind would be like "Nah it has to be that card" and picked one different from the one that i felt was right (If i am making any sense)

So basically i'm thinking so what? just go with the one you feel is right. So i tried doing this but my mind ended up winning most of the time. So i'm kinda at a loss there..

I've read that in these tests it's always best to go with your first impression because it hasn't been filtered by your analytical mind yet. It takes some time to break that reflex because that's all we do during normal everyday life is analyze things.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Bloodstorm Revolution

Shy Noob

13,575 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:52 pm
Obscurus
Screaming Nightshade
Obscurus

I've read that in these tests it's always best to go with your first impression because it hasn't been filtered by your analytical mind yet. It takes some time to break that reflex because that's all we do during normal everyday life is analyze things.

Do you have any tips on how to break out of this reflex?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:13 pm
Screaming Nightshade
Obscurus
Screaming Nightshade
Obscurus

Do you have any tips on how to break out of this reflex?

Just practice. When you get an impression or intuition don't question it, just act on it. Applying rational analysis to something that is irrational by nature doesn't work. With enough practice you learn to stop second-guessing yourself.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:32 pm
Obscurus
Cain Elite
Obscurus
Cain Elite
Obscurus
Cain Elite

OR IS IT?!!!

XD

Doesn't sound safe. Anything where I need to "sync" up with something else, always gives the threat that I might lose myself within it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:26 pm
Cain Elite
Obscurus
Cain Elite
Obscurus
Cain Elite

Doesn't sound safe. Anything where I need to "sync" up with something else, always gives the threat that I might lose myself within it.

I was talking about when events come together to eerie effect. Like if you're reading about a particular topic and then you turn on the television the next day and there's a documentary on about it. What most people call coincidence.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
The Occult Research Society

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items