Reply ~Ancient Scrolls~
Is it wrong to believe in Ghosts? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheElvanGod

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:54 pm
This has probally been asked before, but i want to know.

I already know that demons do exist on earth, but are there just common people ghosts? who carry on their ghost lives? (what ever they may be)

I was watching Ghost adventures (love that show) and they're calling in Witches and Voodooists, and i know that stuff is bogus, but does that mean everything else is too?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:35 am
♩♪♫ 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 ♫♪♩
i dun think it's wrong to believe in ghosts, i mean, we believe in The Holy Ghost.
so in my oppinion there are ghosts among us (as The Holy Ghost is), only they don't necessairly make contact with us.

but what do i know! lol. it's an uncertain science... heart  

Lusitana

Invisible Shapeshifter

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:21 am

It has been discussed before, but it's always fun to discuss stuff again! mrgreen

Witches and Voodooists aren't bogus. They aren't scam artists.

Their powers are real. Witchcraft is real. Spells are real.

Power comes from one of two places. God, and not God. If you seek power that is not from God, then it will not come from God. If you seek power that is from God, you will get it, but only if your intentions are noble and righteous, fitting according to His will.

The Holy Ghost, or Holy Spirit, is not the same thing as a human spirit/ghost, Luna. Always remember that.

It does speak many times about spirits in the Bible. In the original Greek of the New Testament, the word we know as demon refers to a bad spirit. And in the Old Testament, Saul summons Samuel's spirit and asks for guidance.

The Bible also talks about heaven and hell, but not necessarily anything in between.

Are there human ghosts? I cannot say for sure. Are all "ghostly" encounters either demons or angels? Again...I cannot say for sure. The Bible doesn't necessarily state explicitly that there aren't human ghosts wandering the earth. But then again...it doesn't state explicitly that there are, either.

Is it wrong? I wouldn't necessarily say so.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:06 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops

The Holy Ghost, or Holy Spirit, is not the same thing as a human spirit/ghost, Luna. Always remember that.
♩♪♫ 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 ♫♪♩

ow, ok. i was just trying to say that The Holy Ghost exists, twas a matter of name... but sorry. lol
my bad. ^^  

Lusitana

Invisible Shapeshifter

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:18 pm
I don't think it's wrong to believe in ghosts. I, however, am very skeptical about them. There is such a thing as paranormal activity though.

Do ghosts make contact with people? I don't know. I've never had an experience (for lack of a better term). I have heard stories of people who have talked to spirits. I can't say that all the ghostly encounters are strictly demons and/or angels.

The Bible does make mention of the spirit realm in a few places, but not directly. I do believe there is a place in between heaven and hell. I don't believe that when we die we go immediately into heaven or hell. We aren't granted passage into either place until Judgement Day. So our spirits have to go some place when the physical body dies, since the spirit is the immortal part of us and can't and won't die.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:58 pm
Quote:
Power comes from one of two places. God, and not God. If you seek power that is not from God, then it will not come from God. If you seek power that is from God, you will get it, but only if your intentions are noble and righteous, fitting according to His will.

Just had a SUPER flashback to The Dresden Files. It's an awesome fiction series by Jim Butcher, and a great read, in my opinion. Anyway, one of the characters is named Micheal Carpenter, and he is one of three warriors chosen by God to act as a mortal conduit of his will, wielding a sword called Amoracchius, a blade 'wielded in love' and wrought with a nail from the true cross. He said almost the exact same thing in regards to some magical paraphernalia the protagonist Dresden, a wizard, has come across that contains a fallen angel, which he snatched away from Micheal's child to prevent the evil from taking the child.

But anyway.

I wouldn't think belief in ghosts and such is wrong. Personally, it doesn't make sense to me, since thought stops when the brain stops, but at the same time, you can feel the emotion and history in some places, as if someone or something is making an impact on it, giving it energy. I think it's very possible to leave an imprint on a place, but I doubt ghosts in the hollywood sense exist.  

Fighting Fefnir

Perfect Winner

squeakygirl
Captain

6,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:02 am
I am slightly skeptic about ghosts as I have never seen one. I do like to watch Ghost Hunters and have seen some crazy stuff on there. I would have to see a ghost or spirit in order to truly believe.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:03 am
squeakygirl
I am slightly skeptic about ghosts as I have never seen one. I do like to watch Ghost Hunters and have seen some crazy stuff on there. I would have to see a ghost or spirit in order to truly believe.

I love that show!  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:30 am
Fighting Fefnir
Quote:

Just had a SUPER flashback to The Dresden Files. It's an awesome fiction series by Jim Butcher, and a great read, in my opinion. Anyway, one of the characters is named Micheal Carpenter, and he is one of three warriors chosen by God to act as a mortal conduit of his will, wielding a sword called Amoracchius, a blade 'wielded in love' and wrought with a nail from the true cross. He said almost the exact same thing in regards to some magical paraphernalia the protagonist Dresden, a wizard, has come across that contains a fallen angel, which he snatched away from Micheal's child to prevent the evil from taking the child.

That...story...sounds...AWESOME! Dresden Files, you say?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:17 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops
Fighting Fefnir
Quote:

Yup! ^_^ Here, have this. It's a sample of the first chapter of the first book from his website. Take a look, see if you like it.  

Fighting Fefnir

Perfect Winner

Lusitana

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:56 pm
Fighting Fefnir
Scarlet_Teardrops
Fighting Fefnir
Quote:

Yup! ^_^ Here, have this. It's a sample of the first chapter of the first book from his website. Take a look, see if you like it.
♩♪♫ 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 ♫♪♩

biggrin super!! i'm gonne check about it too!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:29 pm
scarlet, i really love how you have so much respect for pagan religions and know how they work for the most part.

i believe is ghosts and spirits. ive spent most of my life studying the paranormal and i believe ive seen and felt things.  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:45 pm

@ Fefnir

Hmm...I don't know that I'd care much for that style of writing. I've read books similar in style. Still, I might give it a shot.

@ Shanna

I'm not an expert, nor do I claim to be, and I don't always succeed, but I do try to learn what I can about other religions and beliefs. It is important for understanding how other people think and act, and also how to relate to them and live with them in a peaceful manner.

I have a number of pagan and ex-pagan friends. One of my longest held friends, and also who I'm very close to, is a pagan. I love her dearly. And so I've had many discussions about paganism. Most of what I know about paganism, specifically in the wiccan realm, I have gleaned from these people.

You can respect something while at the same time disagreeing with it. That's how we all should live. None of us do a perfect job, but we should try. heart

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:59 pm
A ghost being summoned in the Bible - The Witch of Endor  

rosadria
Crew

Kyo the III

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:43 pm
i would say being the person doing the witchcraft is wrong but i cant say believing in ghost is wrong. I believe there are spirits among us...just want to know how?  
~Ancient Scrolls~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff