Can Pancakes Eat Waffles??
View Results

Khime

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:13 pm
Alrighty so I've got some photo's I've taken myself from around the neighborhood that I would like you're opinions on and I will randomly post artwork of mine as well, right now I'm going through a non-human fase so almost none of the drawings will be of humans ^^
Here's the first couple:
Moonlight surrounded by darkness:
User Image
This picture has actually been edited so that there was less darkness than there originally was....so yeah there used to be ALOT of darkness....

Three flooded pathways
User Image
This is what happens when it rains just a bit to much in Wisconsin, the barn on the hill gets the pathways to the river flooded...yeah

Sunset that's been messed with
User Image

And now my newest artwork:
Dragon? or Bird?
User Image

First Orca I've drawn in 5 years so I'm a little rusty:
User Image
And the little amateur edit job I did to that very whale:
User Image

Okay people, tell me what you think, I can take it, I can't guarantee that I won't feel insulted if someone just totally rips into everything, but I'll take it all in good graces blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:31 pm
Okay. Regarding your first two images - the photographs ('cause I'm all pro-photographer/intending to be a pro-photographer~) :

The moonlight/darkness: I like the concept.. the execution, I think, could have been better -- but I'm pretty darn sure that's because you're limited by your camera. razz If you had a longer focal length (and you could zoom in a lot more), I think the photo would have been great, 'cause I like how total darkness frames the moonlight.

The flooded pathways: Again, I really like the concept, and I like the small image (from what I can see of it)... I wish the photo were bigger so I could see the details. It looks like there are purple flowers sticking up out of the water, which would be cool. I would have cropped it a little so the tree(s) in the background were gone, so more attention would be on the paths & foreground.

So, basically, I'd say... I like your concepts for your photos, but I'd like to see (1) photos closer to the subject of the photo and (2) larger photos.

Also, regarding your sunset image -- was that a photo you took and manipulated? I think it'd be interesting to see the original, if so.  

Madame No
Crew

(..)>Art & Poetry<(..)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces