Welcome to Gaia! ::

FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Back to Guilds

The best final fantasy guild on gaia; covering for ALL of your Final Fantasy needs! 

Tags: final fantasy, kingdom hearts, square enix, gaming, forever 

Reply Console Wars
PS3 VS XBOX360 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Enzero96

4,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:07 pm
First of all let me say tht ps3 is the bomb. add me if ur online my GT is Enzero96. if u think XBOX is better say why plz.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:41 am
I have a Xbox360, but in all honesty I think the PS3 is better. The only reason I got a Xbox360 was for the Halo series. PS3 is better because Xbox Live costs at least 40 pounds a year, whereas the PS3 is free.  

Kaos Relinade
Crew

Genius

metal_blossom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:56 am
I personally just think the 360 has better titles.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:42 am
I personally don't like the XBOX series because they don't have a trademark hero or game that on their system that really appeal to me. (Heavy into Single Player RPG, like Sonic, Mario, KH and FF.)

@Kaos; 40 pounds huh... wonder what that in dollars *checks the network* eek over 60 bucks... ouch...  

SMARTAgentKC

650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Aeshien

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:16 am
Xbox is great for first person shooter games because of the controller layout plus the 360 analog isnt as loose as the ps3s.
But for everything else, the ps3 is a bit better. ex. Racing,Beat em ups and so on.

@metal_blossom
To be honest, both consoles are losing exclusives.. example.
xbox will get a metal gear solid title for the first time. (though i think its a 1-time thing..but im probably wrong..) and Mass affect 2 will be coming out for the ps3 about next year.. (announced) the xbox is losing alot of exclusives and the only titles that will never go multiplat are gonna be halo, gears... and that could be it..but i could be wrong.
but halo and gears take ages to release a game. near about 1 game every 2 years? halo wars doesnt count >.<"
After the halo reach hype calms down, i dont know what the 360 is gonna be doing..i bet its gonna be dull as sht.. while the ps3 still has good ones coming out, such as ratchet and clank..(well im not too sure..) Uncharter,God of War (defienetly) and Killzone etc.
But sht 360 was fun..RROD sucks..

Ps3 gets my vote cuz its failures are rare and i just love its titles.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:29 pm
PS3 is the bomb but it's true i'm not gonna lie X-Box do have some great titles but one flaw gotta pay for online but ps3 is coming out with awesome title's (free online) =)  

Mega DragonSlayer89

SadaKiyo

Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:36 pm
i have both and i think both are just as good but personally the reason why the PS3 is free for online i bet is because 1.the mics for it have mics that are ONLY for the ps3 unless you have a pc with a small usb for a mic and that for friends you have to do a whole ritual to do (i believe the recently made it a "little" easier) and that you can't send voice messages and only have to do text (i dunno if they even have a keypad for the contoller like the Xbox360) BUT i also believe that the PS3 online has some ups to like the Xbox live. Like that the mics don't lagg all the time unless you, your self is lagging and it also has more RPGs and neat arcade games that you can't get on anything else but the Wii (i only miss the Wii for Super Mario :X and SSBB.) Though i hate that for xbox live you have to pay WAY to much for a year of xbox live and that you have to buy microsoft points and all the games even the cheap ones cost WAY to much for them unlike PSN and that there isn't to many RPGs for it though it makes up for the Halo series and LFD (i dunno if 2 was on the PS3 :X) and i disagree i to Lil kupo-kun (lol sorry i call everyone kun :3 ) i find it easier on the Xbox live to play beat em ups and some racing games though you can get analog stick add ons for racing games but the Xbox is better for FPS games and finally (lol) if you read this all you get a cookie =D  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:02 pm
II Panda-Pop II
i have both and i think both are just as good but personally the reason why the PS3 is free for online i bet is because 1.the mics for it have mics that are ONLY for the ps3 unless you have a pc with a small usb for a mic and that for friends you have to do a whole ritual to do (i believe the recently made it a "little" easier) and that you can't send voice messages and only have to do text (i dunno if they even have a keypad for the contoller like the Xbox360) BUT i also believe that the PS3 online has some ups to like the Xbox live. Like that the mics don't lagg all the time unless you, your self is lagging and it also has more RPGs and neat arcade games that you can't get on anything else but the Wii (i only miss the Wii for Super Mario :X and SSBB.) Though i hate that for xbox live you have to pay WAY to much for a year of xbox live and that you have to buy microsoft points and all the games even the cheap ones cost WAY to much for them unlike PSN and that there isn't to many RPGs for it though it makes up for the Halo series and LFD (i dunno if 2 was on the PS3 :X) and i disagree i to Lil kupo-kun (lol sorry i call everyone kun :3 ) i find it easier on the Xbox live to play beat em ups and some racing games though you can get analog stick add ons for racing games but the Xbox is better for FPS games and finally (lol) if you read this all you get a cookie =D

i dont mind you disagreeing with me. just opinion. but i think that the directional pad for the 360 is just rubbish. And for the racing, maybe your just used to it out of the two. Or maybe im just used to the ps3..meh. id still say racing on the ps3 is better. And i already said the xbox was best for fps. Send cookie plaaawx <3

*EDIT*
its only my opinion so..
I think that the ps3 exclusive shooters and 360 exclusive shooters are on par.
The 360 (most of the time) wins in multi-plat shooters because of its control layout (well it depends) and also (Call of duty developers..I hope u are listening)
suck shiet porters. When it comes to 2 multiplats that are both the same (frame rate,graphics,colour,lighting blah blah) and have no difference whatsoever.. then it just comes to the controller you are used to...  

Aeshien

Rededzee

3,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:34 am
You can write me off as another Sony fanboy.
I really liked the RPG library of the PS2 and am still hoping for some great titles. Including, but not limited to: Versus XIII, ToV port, ToG port, and Catherine.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:33 pm
I'll have to say PS3.
Lets face it. The PS3 has better features.
It has the PSN which gives you access to many games at a fair price, you can get movies on it, and you even get access to shows like The Tester (though, all the PSN features apply to the PSP as well, which I also love) and older games of a fairly cheap price. And come on guys, PS3 games are on the Blu-Ray format disks, which means more room for higher resolution games, better graphics, faster load times, and more data per game disk.

Example: Final Fantasy XIII on the xBox 360 requires three disks, where as the PS3 only needs one.  

Fated raison detre

O.G. Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cart Raider 100

Aeshien

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:23 pm
Fated raison detre
I'll have to say PS3.
Lets face it. The PS3 has better features.
It has the PSN which gives you access to many games at a fair price, you can get movies on it, and you even get access to shows like The Tester (though, all the PSN features apply to the PSP as well, which I also love) and older games of a fairly cheap price. And come on guys, PS3 games are on the Blu-Ray format disks, which means more room for higher resolution games, better graphics, faster load times, and more data per game disk.

Example: Final Fantasy XIII on the xBox 360 requires three disks, where as the PS3 only needs one.

The ps3 doesnt really have faster load times D: Its actually pretty slow compared to the 360.. Thats why we have the 'forced to do' hard drive installs.. What would make the ps3 better though is the Cross game chat..
But i totally agree with you btw.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:36 am
I have both i think overall ps3 is better but xbox is by far better for shooters and even though you have to pay for it i think the online play is better on xbox there seems to be more people on it and its faster joining games but xbox has almost no rpg games other then mass effect  

closedaccount6907

5,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
Queen Jacklynn rolled 20 100-sided dice: 18, 31, 78, 97, 19, 47, 60, 45, 79, 41, 89, 59, 47, 3, 12, 66, 33, 36, 95, 62 Total: 1017 (20-2000)

Queen Jacklynn

7,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:02 pm
I personalty love the ps3 and i despise the X-Box 360. I grew up using the PlayStation controller so with the joystick thing i don't notice it, and with the ps3 you can buy ps1 games for like 5 to 10 dollars or less (FF8, FF7, FF9, Spyro the dragon, Twisted Metal ect ect) I love being able to play with 7 people on one game(well it depends on the game itself but still). I love how if you get a headset it does not have to be PlayStation / Sony brand but all it has to be is Bluetooth. The only thing i wish the PlayStation had was the ability to play music off the console on any game other then just a few select tittles. I love how PlayStation has many ps3 only games liek the new Bleach game that came out not to long ago, or Uncharted or Little big planet or Infamous ect ect. I also love the fact the the PS3 is a 3D system, so when I go over to my friends place that has a 3D TV we can play in 3D. I also like the fact the ps3 plays Blue-ray movies as well as DVDs. I like the built in Hard drive also. I could go one for awhile longer but i don't feel like it lol. And also people have the right to disagree and such lol  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:17 am
I like XBOX360. It has better graphics and has all the games that I like that is also for PS3.  

Wilson357

11,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Queen Jacklynn

7,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:40 pm
Wilson357
I like XBOX360. It has better graphics and has all the games that I like that is also for PS3.

they have the same graphics....  
Console Wars

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces