Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
:(

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:54 am
*is sad*  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:10 am
Aw, what's wrong?  

xMockingJay

5,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:38 am
I have no idea and that's the whole problem. As I wrote to a friend recently:
Uwe au no kana lana hele aku 'ana. Ke lilo lohi 'ia nei au ia ia. A 'a'ohe kekahi mea hiki ia'u no ia. 'A'ole 'ike au i ka pilikia. Ke nalo nei 'o ia mai ko'u ola a ha'o au ia 'o ia i keia manawa.
I lament because she is drifting away. I am slowly being lost to her. And there's not a single thing I can do for it. I don't know what the problem is. She's disappearing from my life and I miss her already.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:06 am
i know what you mean, my best friend and i have hardly seen eachother for the past 3 months, she doesnt really take my calls, respond to texts or anything, and when we do talk he seems distant. it is so weird because we used to be closer that she was to her sisters  

pig_girl

Benevolent Hoarder

14,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Alchemy Level 7 100

Woutan Kuunsuru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:00 pm
maui boy no ka oi
Uwe au no kana lana hele aku 'ana. Ke lilo lohi 'ia nei au ia ia. A 'a'ohe kekahi mea hiki ia'u no ia. 'A'ole 'ike au i ka pilikia. Ke nalo nei 'o ia mai ko'u ola a ha'o au ia 'o ia i keia manawa.

So what does that mean?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:22 am
Woutan Manasal
maui boy no ka oi

So what does that mean?
I translated it right underneath that part.
Quote:
I lament because she is drifting away. I am slowly being lost to her. And there's not a single thing I can do for it. I don't know what the problem is. She's disappearing from my life and I miss her already.

@pig: That also happened to a friend of mine who I had been friends with since childhood. About half a year ago he started "no-lifing" as we call it by spending all his time playing a retarded MMO while spending all of his grandma's money on cash cards so he could get the "elite" items. Now he's just a fatass who doesn't do s**t. But what I'm talking about here is stranger than that. It's like all of a sudden from out of nowhere she just doesn't like me or something. She ignores most of what I say and the few times she does talk to me it's to yell at me or to tell me that she wants me to go someplace with her and her BF. It's changed a bit recently but even then I worry that it will happen again.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:47 am
"Your lucky with your Hawaiian ability, did you go to Kamehameha or did your family teach you? My Kumo did not teach me Hawaiian for nothing. I litterly do not know all the meanings of aloha after speeding my whole life here....it has like 7..right? Oh and I am sorry about your friend"  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:58 am
Nope. Kamehameha doesn't even offer a Hawaiian language program. Only Lahainaluna does. Ironic isn't it? Also there is no English meaning of aloha really. The closest thing I can describe it as is "positive" or "good". Not good as in maika'i though. That's a different kind of good. IDK I have to actually show you because trying to convey it through text doesn't do well at all.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

babipari

8,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:26 am
..................................User Image..................................
shame that sucks !! iv lost quite a few friends that way, but people have to grow and sometimes it means leaving others behind. i doubt she will ever forget you.
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:11 am
When a friend is lost, a new one is on the way! But I hope you get to see your friend again! ):  

great grape juice

5,350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Statustician 100

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:43 pm
maui boy no ka oi
Nope. Kamehameha doesn't even offer a Hawaiian language program. Only Lahainaluna does. Ironic isn't it? Also there is no English meaning of aloha really. The closest thing I can describe it as is "positive" or "good". Not good as in maika'i though. That's a different kind of good. IDK I have to actually show you because trying to convey it through text doesn't do well at all.
"Wow, and all the friends I have from Kamehameha brag about their Hawaiian....Ahh, I know maika'i. I know the very common Hawaiian (keki, ono, maka'i, ahui`oh, A'mou`kai'aina, the anthem..). Where is lahainaluna? Not on the big island"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:37 am
babipari
..................................User Image..................................
shame that sucks !! iv lost quite a few friends that way, but people have to grow and sometimes it means leaving others behind. i doubt she will ever forget you.
User Image
Well a recent turn of events may have led to a road to rebuilding our relationship. I think she thought I was being hard on her as a music teacher because I was being a d**k but when she approached a pair of music "doctors" and told them about my comments, they wholeheartedly agreed. Eh we'll see how it goes.
@Uber: Perhaps. But on this island, everyone knows everyone so yeah...
@Ura: You mean keiki, 'ono, maika'i, a hui hou, and ua mau ke 'ea o ka 'aina i ka pono. Lahainaluna is in Lahaina. And finally the meaning behind Ua mau ke 'ea o ka 'aina i ka pono is up to much debate. The state/government says perpetuated (ua) forever (mau) the life of the land (ke 'ea o ka 'aina) in righteousness (i ka pono) so literally The life of the land is forever perpetuated in righteousness. But I think it had a different, more recluse meaning:
Forever was (ua mau) the rule of the land (ke 'ea o ka 'aina) in righteousness (i ka pono) so literally The government of the land was once forever righteous. The interpretation of our state motto is very vague and abstract but I believe it is a tribute to the great injustice that was paid to the kanaka maoli during the overthrow and eventual illegal annexation of Hawaii by the US.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:12 am
"Ahh, I see, i go to public school so..I know what they tell".  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:07 am
That's exactly what they want. The same way they wanted to phase out the Hawaiian language in the first place.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items