Welcome to Gaia! ::

Classic Old School ANime

Back to Guilds

This is a Guild about Sailor Moon, Outlaw Star, Slayers, Tenchi Muyo, and all those old classics! 

Tags: Anime, Sailor Moon, Japanese Culture, Yuri, Shoujo 

Reply ~*~*~ The All New Tenchi Muyo Guild ~*~*~
El-Hazard! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

2NA
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:54 pm
Created and directed by the same person who created/directed Tenchi Muyo!, this is commonly considered a sister series to it, along with Dual!, even featuring cameos of common TM characters. In fact, several E-H characters pop up in Tenchi in Tokyo here and there.

Aaaanyway, the plot (generally) is that the protagonist, Makoto Mizuhara, his drunken teacher Mr. Fujisawa, his female interest Nanami and her insane, megalomaniacal older brother Jinnai are all whisked away from school to this alternate world, El-Hazard. They arrive there separated, but Makoto and Mr. Fujisawa immediately meet up and run into the princess of the world, being chased by the designated bad guys, the insectlike race, the Bugrom. Nanami spends the majority of the series suffering misadventures before being reunited with Makoto, and Jinnai gets to exercise his maniacal tendencies by becoming the leader of the Bugrom, much to the general amusement of their true Queen, the rather smexy Diva. Oh yeah, at some point, they awaken a humanoid superweapon named Ifurita, who is sometimes a bit Ryoko, sometimes a lot Mihoshi, and, as is traditional in harem anime, ends up totally falling for Makoto.

...and there are three goddesses of the elements, Miz Mishtal (water - digs Mr. Fujisawa), Afura Mann (air - pretty distant, one-dimensional character) and the irrepressible Shayla-Shayla (fire - hot temper like Ryoko, hot for Makoto, and just HOT like Aisha Clan-Clan).

Much like Tenchi Muyo!, there are three series for this title (The Magnificent World I&II, The Wanderers, and The Alternative World, which is technically The Magnificent World III), each a slightly different "retelling" of the story, with the characters being quite different in each. Well, except Makoto - much like Tenchi, he is the only constant - constantly dull, leaving one wondering how he keeps attracting all of these amazing women.

So, yeah, anyone seen it? Thoughts? Opinions?
mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:54 pm
Shayla Shayla was a cool character it was a good series, wish it got a uk release sad  

Tenchi Misaki1
Crew

Ayanami Rei First Child
Captain

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:57 pm
Shayla Shayla was definitely a whole lot of fun! Yum!

Also I was amusing by the antics of the lesbian princess  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:47 pm
Ayanami Rei First Child
Shayla Shayla was definitely a whole lot of fun! Yum!

Also I was amusing by the antics of the lesbian princess

she scared the crap out of me  

Tenchi Misaki1
Crew

Ayanami Rei First Child
Captain

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:57 pm
I don't know how a woman like that, that can scare someone who practices such a crazy tough and powerful martial arts Tenchi o.o;  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:38 pm
I was kinda disappointed with how much they toned her down in the second series, though - I missed her antics.
mrgreen  

2NA
Crew

Tenchi Misaki1
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:21 am
Ayanami Rei First Child
I don't know how a woman like that, that can scare someone who practices such a crazy tough and powerful martial arts Tenchi o.o;

I couldn't hit a woman razz  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:48 am
Tenchi Misaki1
Ayanami Rei First Child

Not even if the woman practice Muay Tai or something? O.o  

Ayanami Rei First Child
Captain

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Tenchi Misaki1
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:46 pm
Ayanami Rei First Child
Tenchi Misaki1
Ayanami Rei First Child

Not even if the woman practice Muay Tai or something? O.o

no i dont really fight woman anyway, rose does that though  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:25 pm
Well Rose is a woman so that doesn't count. Well I would fight a guy or a girl if I had to. Although I prefer to solve things without violence, as it's a last resort.  

Ayanami Rei First Child
Captain

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Tenchi Misaki1
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:01 am
Ayanami Rei First Child
Well Rose is a woman so that doesn't count. Well I would fight a guy or a girl if I had to. Although I prefer to solve things without violence, as it's a last resort.

sadly shayla isnt like you though shayla shayla would rather burn things down XD, may have to watch it again biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:04 pm
Well Shayla is a warrior, unlike myself o.o;  

Ayanami Rei First Child
Captain

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Tenchi Misaki1
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:47 pm
Ayanami Rei First Child
Well Shayla is a warrior, unlike myself o.o;

yes your a lover and shes a fighter i Ifurita from the first series the one with the blue hair she was awesome, got annoyed the turned her into the brat on the 3rd series  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:38 pm
Mmmm...they do that sometimes. What I was more amused by, was when they had Shayla Shayla as a kid in training, that was amusing.  

Ayanami Rei First Child
Captain

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

2NA
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:11 pm
It sounds like I really need to see this third series...
xd  
~*~*~ The All New Tenchi Muyo Guild ~*~*~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces