Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Dorms } ------------------------Personal Profiles/Journals Here
[Undead] Amrita's Room Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:31 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Year 1 Cert
Original Quest - Halloweentown Bank

Enrollment
Arel was in a downright foul mood this morning. It didn't help that he had the worst hangover known to the history of ice demons in Amityville (which was, considering most of the school population was students, really just limited to him), and it only aggravated the problem that someone or a few someones had purposely turned up the thermoskull. He was pretty sure that drip-dripping sound was the tip of one of his antlers melting for crying out loud.

A certain someones had also pulled open the windows this fine Frightday morning, and while Halloween only consisted of two weather patterns - dark and slightly-darker, the secretary was already feeling slightly nauseous by the fresh warm air. With a groan he picked up the first application form, waving it a few times in the air to fan himself. It made a strange crinkling noise.

Pausing in mid-fan for just a second, he analyzed the form-in-hand. It was slightly torn.

He quickly swapped it with a nicer looking application form in the acceptance folder and fanned away. Much better.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:37 am

In Order:
  • Enrollment Information / Cert
  • Table Of Contents (You are here)
  • About Amrita
  • Her FEAR
  • Her Room
  • Classroom Things
  • Outside of Class
  • Scrapbooks
  • Pets
  • Archived RPs
  • Growth To-Do
  • About the Vetala
  • Credits

Enoh Love
Crew

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:46 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Name: Amrita
(Meaning 'Immortal' - from Sanskrit 'a' = not, 'mrita' = dead)
Nicknames: Rita
Specie: Vetala
Height: 5'5"
Weight:

Personality
--Being re-written!--

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:50 am

Natural:
-----> Possessing the Dead: (Y1) Amrita can possess and reanimate a corpse. Upon entry into the body, the wrists and ankles twist, resulting in the hands and feet being flipped backwards. The bones do not actually break as this part is more of an illusion than reality.
-----> Possessing the Living: (Y2/Y3) Amrita can take possession of a body that is already living and breathing. The standard possession signs apply (ie backward hands/feet). There is a time limit to this, and upon exit of the body she feels tense, exhausted and is likely to pass out for the rest of the day. The possessed person generally blacks out for the duration of her 'stay', but not before they feel the (imagined) pain of their wrists and ankles breaking.

FEAR:
-----> Headlights: (Y3 strength; Acquired at Y1).
-----> The Chill (Y2 strength, Acquired at Y2)
-----> Battle Cry (Y1 strength, Acquired at Y3)

Learned Abilities:
-----> Beginner First Aid: (First Aid 101) Proof
-----> Speed Boost: (Thunder Road) Proof

Enoh Love
Crew

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:52 am

--Being Worked On--  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:57 am

Has Taken:
  • Emergency Sex-Ed - Nurse Cricket - ........WHAT. D:
  • Human Studies 101 - Prof. Savage - Humans are weird. :/
  • Mad Science 101 - Christof and Barth - ROBOTS NEVER NOT ROBOTS

Thoughts on Teachers:
  • Nurse Cricket: ....She's scary.
  • Professor Savage: She's pretty scary too, but she knows her stuff!
  • Christof and Barth - Not teachers, but I learned how to build a robot?

School Supplies:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Clubs Joined

Enoh Love
Crew

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:59 am

People Met Along the Way

• Alex: I met him once, but he was...really out of sorts. I hope he came back okay like the others did. I should check on him!
  • Amphi: We both got tagged, but I haven't seen her since. I hope she's okay...
  • Ash: We were friends, but then he tried to kill me. I haven't really seen him since, and I'm kind of scared about what would happen if I do...
  • Aymet: I feel like I should call him my Partner-in-crime. I'm so happy he's not really dead!
  • Barth: A good science-y friend! He is pretty good at keeping Christof in line, too!
  • Bella: I absolutely love her sense of style! Very bubbly little witch, too!
  • Calder: One of my best friends! I really don't think I'd be able to do most of the things I do now without him. Plus he keeps me on my toes and will go to pretty much any length to prove a point to me...
  • Charlie: My 'special friend'! Or he used to be. I don't know anymore, but he really, really upset me...
  • Christof: My boilfriend. I lo---I feel very strongly about him. I want to punch his Master in the face, though.
  • Chuppi: She cries a lot, and I don't get why.
  • Claire: Weird ghoul. Haven't seen her around in ages though.
  • Danny: I hit her with a book once, but she's still on yearbook? I guess that means we're kind of friends!
  • Deryk: Hunter. I was starting to like him, but then I'm pretty sure he's the one that chose me to get kidnapped. So now? Now I kind of want to strangle him. I can't believe I almost trusted him, augh!
  • El Greco: He tried to convince people that I was a terrible person. So that was fun (not).
  • Emily: Very quiet, shy ghoul. Always disappearing. Gave me the idea for Yearbook!
  • Eris: War Clan's Heir. I like her, so long as she keeps her flames away from me.
  • G: Such a happy, huge giant! He used to scare me but he doesn't anymore, I miss him!
  • Hel: She calls me 'Miss Honest' and I...I'm really not sure why?!
  • Herryk: Big boil. Huge boil! I taught him how to sew once!
  • Invictus: He's on his own side, and he's vague at best...kind of made me feel like I was stupid for being confused by his vague words and explanations.
  • Israfel: R.I.P. I don't agree with what you did, but I think I kind of understand why you did it...
  • Jack: Prettiest Princess Ever! I helped him make a dress once. Fun boil, kind of everywhere!
  • Jericho: I wonder what ever happened to him...I know he's not around anymore, but I've heard things. I don't want to ask someone to see if it's true, though...that would make me really sad. Jericho is - was? no, is - a great dragon.
  • Leo: Fun ghoul! Needs a little work with how to handle minipets, though.
  • Johan: He's just as seriousfaced as I remember him! Also a little more touchy. Or maybe I am. Um. Who knows?
  • Jove: Very quiet, but very nice boil! I don't think he can say more than a few words though.
  • Jude: Hunter. He's the reason for that vertical chin-to-sternum stitching I have. I'm regretting not killing him when I had the chance.
  • Junko: I don't think I've ever really hung out with her one-on-one, but I think we're friends? She's very nice to me, and very smart and fashionable!
  • Livius: He had a thing for trying to make me dress better...but I think Lizzy did a better job. Don't tell him I said that!
  • Lizzy: Saves my sanity more times than I deserve. I don't think I'll ever find a better friend, or anyone better suited to be my School!Mama.
  • Lucien: He was my friend, but I gave him some...very bad news. I don't think he likes me very much anymore...
  • LW: Ren's ghoulfriend, I think. I had to make a love poem for her once, it was kind of awkward.
  • Mac: Lizzy's ex-boilfriend. He's scary and stupid and I'm glad they're not dating anymore! Seriously, Lizzy could do so much better!
  • Malodore: You won't find a better medic anywhere! It is also a very good friend, and has patched me up more times than I care to admit. Patient personality, steady hand...Mal really is awesome!
  • Meixiang: One of my yearbook club crew members! She's very hard working, I'm glad to have her on board.
  • Mei-Xiu: Emergency Sex-Ed partner turned bonfire buddy. We've been through a lot together, and it's good to know we have the same stance on some things.
  • Merope: Fun boil! I should see what he's up to, it's been a while!
  • Mitsu: I really, really hope she's okay. That was...that was really terrifying...
  • Mort: He's fun, I like him! I think he just pretends to be slow, though. I feel bad for him now, he's got a terrible fire pet too!
  • Natalia: Kind of bossy, but in the best way possible?
  • Nukpana: He's practically my Big Brother, and has protected me from...well a lot of things! I'm so glad he came back to school, I really missed him!
  • Petra: Hunter. I hate her, but...at the same time I have a weird sort of respect for her? I mean, I'd still rather see her head on a spike somewhere, but until that happens at least I know she'll be honest with me?
  • Petro: Another friend of mine I haven't seen in a while. He's really steadfast and loyal...and was still my friend after DC burned his feet, so...that's a good thing!
  • Remi: My first kiss! Also a very good friend. He helped me out when there was fire everywhere, and we kind of have this long running argument about who saved who's a** (which I think is quite obvious...I saved his.)
  • Ren: My VP in Yearbook! He's so laid back and smart and kind and...geez such a good boil.
  • Riley: Even though she doesn't really remember me, I still like her. Even if I am completely jealous of her. How could I not be?!
  • Robert: Hunter. I possessed him once, but I failed in killing him because he's a giant in human skin. Apparently he's married to Petra.
  • Roch: THIS BOIL DOES NOT STAY STILL I think I'm going to strangle him one day.
  • Sammy: My Herooooooo. If I could be even half as awesome as she is, I'll be happy!
  • Seiji: He was very protective of me for a while, but I haven't really seen him in ages. I hope he's okay!
  • Shehk: I slapped her once, but she forgave me for it, which is nice. She's very reliable, I'm happy to still have her as a friend-acquaintance.
  • Shine: I don't know why she always looks so sad, but I like the smile she gets when you give her candy! She seems like a very nice ghoul.
  • Shun: srsfaced Reaper. I don't know him very well personally, but I know him enough to trust him! Also he seems to be against getting presents, which is weird.
  • Siobhan: A very LOUD banshee. She's nice, but very gullible; she almost believed I was a terrible person! Thanks El Greco.
  • Tahki: I don't see her that often anymore. I hope everything's okay...
  • Taryn: I don't know much about her, but she was looking for Roch when we did meet. Good luck finding him, he's a stupid handful.
  • Tess: My play-buddy! I haven't seen her in a while, I hope she's okay.
  • Thackery: Helps me out with Yearbook! I like him, he's nice.
  • Ulmuka: He's really weird! Also I don't think I've apologized to him for that one time Chris hit him for hugging me. Whoops!
  • Valentino: He's kind of creepy...like, super creepy.
  • Vaith: Nice guy! I think I've met him more than once...There's a part of my first year I can't remember. Something about a party?
  • West: Exam buddies! He kind of scares me though.
  • Xiu: Super sweet ghoul! We've been on some school trips together, partnered a couple times. She's a good team mate AND scareling!
  • Yin: Another person who was tagged, also someone who, like me, tried to volunteer for weaponizing. I haven't really seen him since, but I really hope he didn't go back to try it.
  • Zar: I'm so glad he didn't get weaponized. I think he's a little neurotic, but a decent enough boil.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:37 am

Official Art
Click for the full image!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Unofficial Art
Can be found at cursetin.com/OC/Amrita , because there is a lot!

Enoh Love
Crew

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:23 am

The Main Three---Err, DC?

When she first came to the Academy she had three pets; Demon Cat, Mini Golem, and Doomfish. It was forever on her 'to do' list to name them, but she never did get around to it. However over time the three just weren't working out; Demon Cat kept terrorizing the other two, and it was terrible distracting - not to mention how hypnotic Doomfish was. It became clear to her that she needed to change them up, and with a heavy heart she did a bit of rearranging.

Then, later, the pets rearranged themselves for her, and then DC completed a hostile takeover of her life and room. Except for the mass of fish.

Death Charm
Given to her by Jingleberry during the attack on Christmas town. Initially, DC loved her. Everything about her. She could do no wrong and he wanted to be with her always! Except...she happens to be terrified of fire, and so was terrified of him. She started to warm up to him, but after she got her new body, things have been very rocky. Now all she wants if her DC back.

And....

The Fish Tank!
Amrita also has a fish tank in the corner of her room. She loves her fish, especially since they're the ones that everyone seems to abandon so easily. She has well over twenty FIVE HUNDRED Floresce fish in the tank her room, all in various tanks and aquariums, and the number is growing! You can see her up-to-date tank here!

Pets acquired through RP

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Egg Toss - Voting - Battle of the Bands - Sex Ed Homework - Student Council Party
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Student Council Party - Christmas Raid - Christmas Raid - Lizzy - Shehk
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Tess - Christof - Student Council - Student Council - Roch

The Rest of them:
Can be found Here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:26 am

Page One
You are Here

Page Two
Saved // School Store Reflections // Making friends with Tahki // Meeting Chuppi // Meeting Val // Studying with Daisuke // Rains Campaign Booth // Talks School with Lizzy // Maul-going with Lucien // Egg Tossing Trick // Amrita Votes // Birth of Eardrum Orgasm // Battle of the Bands // Ghoultalk with Tahki // Emergency Sex-Ed Class

Page Three
Parenting with Mei-Xiu // Student Council ORP // Play Auditions // Cafeteria with Claire // Dress Code with Livi // Log to Brecks Shed // Log to Creature Feature // School Store Reflections 2 // Practicing with G // Makeup with Calder // Career Counselling Services // Attack on ChristmasTown // Waking up after Christmas // Finding Lizzy // Saved by Nukpana

Page Four
Birth of the Fire Beast // Confiding in Christof // The School Play // Helping Charlie // Truth or Dare // DETENTION?! // Drifting with Lucien // Etiquette Class 1 // Etiquette Class 2 // Checking up on Christof // Minipet Training Class // 4 for Science! // Playing Catch Up // Tips, Trips and Thanks // Breck's Shed Win

Page Five
Intro to Music Class // Minipet Class 1.2 // Boosting Confidence 101 // Finger Foods with Ash // Scarentine Charity Auction // Scarentine Dance Party // Dont cry, emo kid // We meet again! // Island Meta: Sea Weed Boat // Hugs and Kisses // Crashin' Parties // His turn to check in // Somethings Wrong with Lizzy // YOU IN THERE HARDHEAD // Srs Talk Interrupted

Page Six
You are my hero // Good Doctor bout a body // Studying outside // Dance Lessons // PROM // Love of Guitars // Speak of the Amrita // Confidence Lessons 1.2 // Record Keeping: Y1 // Prof Shox Exam // Meeting with Dr. Hyde // Handing over the Keys // Sex Ed Redux // Little bit of Lunch // Terrible Fish Mama

Page Seven
WHAT BUT YOU HAVE TO // The Fitting // Moving Day // Permission Slip Signed // Human Studies // Student Council // Mad Science 101 // Explaining // DC Solo // Just...Stuck // BRING OUT YOUR DEAD // Student Council Speeches // Wait, What? Who are you // Undead Project // Fish Tank Stalking

Page Eight
Welcome back, Livi! // COME QUICK OKAY HURRY // Hunchbacks arent bushes // Fishing for Reapers

Enoh Love
Crew

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:53 am

Leftover from Y3: 86
Alumni RPs
  1. Peep Show - Enzo, Christof
  2. Burnt Mistletoe - Christof
  3. The Moon
  4. PR Time - Nirva/Lan
  5. Important Life Changes - Prof. Red
  6. Lend me your fireballs - Jericho
  7. Potential - Professor Emrys
  8. Which to cross and which to burn
  9. At the crossroad - Professor Emrys
  10. Finally some good news - Christof
  11. War of the Wood - Hel, Mot
  12. Tag ur it - Remi
  13. underwordly possessions - Aleria
  14. Hard Lessons - Zac (Spar) +2
  15. Going down swinging - Zac (Spar) +2
  16. Finally Home - Remi
  17. Not Fair - Aisha
  18. Friends in Low Places - Merlin
  19. Ditching the Nark - Mot
  20. Long time no scold - Roch
  21. More questions than apologies - Pachua
  22. Darkside of The Moon - Shun
  23. Ultra Despair Ghoul - Otto
  24. Train Wreck - Otto
  25. Stitches and Scars - Christof
  26. Never be Royals - (As Marati) - Riley
  27. Call me Maybe - (As Marati) - Shun
  28. Keeping Sharp - (As Marati) - Shun +2
  29. Well, that was fun - (As Marati) - Shun
  30. Queen has pawns - (As Marati) - Riley
  31. Problem Solving - (Solo-ish as Marati)
  32. A Returning Student - (As Tajana) - Various
  33. Seems Fishy to Me - Hel
  34. Extra Life? - (As Marati) - Riley
  35. Bitchfest - (As Marati) - Jil
  36. After School Special - (As Marati) - ???
  37. The fall of Ivywood - (As Marati) - Riley
  38. Along came a spider - (As Marati) - Piper
  39. Toes in the Water - (As Marati) - Piper
  40. Tea for Two? - Mot
  41. All work and no play - (As Marati) - Riley
  42. Come back to me - (As Marati) - Marzena
  43. Up on the Rooftop - Remi
  44. Punching Merlin - Remi
  45. Belated Demands - Merlin

RP Point Count: 134 points

Purchased Bonuses:
+ Student Club -50
+ AOE attack -50

Actual Total: 34  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:54 am

What are they?
The Vetala (also known as Vetal or Baital) are Hindu creatures, though what type of creature really depends on the translation. Some sources call them Spirits, Ghouls or Vampires, others call them Demons or Wraiths, and a few still that seem to mix the five together in various ways.

They are creatures born from the spirits of the dead who were not given proper burials (usually by the family not performing the funeral rites), and are understandably hostile because of this. It is said that if you perform the proper rites or burials, the Vetala will be appeased and disappear.

Until then though, they terrorize the general public.

Most notable about the Vetala is that they usually haunt graveyards and have a tendancy to possess and reanimate human remains. When they do, the hands and the feet of the body twist backwards as a sign of possession. The moment they possess the body the natural decaying process comes to a complete halt, allowing them to use and possess the body for as long as they need it. The Vetala should be able to enter and exit a body without hassle, and once they exit the body not only does the decay start up again, but the hands and feet twist back to normal.

Outside of corpse-possessing it is said they trouble humans by causing miscarriages, killing children and causing general madness. They are also said to possess uncanny knowledge and great insight to the human mind, as well as events of the past, present and future. Many sorcerers have attempted to capture them to use them for their knowledge, which spawned the stories in the "Baital Pachisi", which was supposed to be a basis or inspiration for the Arabian Night stories.

Oddly enough, despite all the terrorizing and body-snatching, they have also been known to protect 'their' village, or the village that their graveyard is attached to.

Fitting into TiH:
Due to the Pumpkin Patch, not all Vetala that exist in Halloween were born from the angry spirits of the wronged deceased. To provide a bit of a cap on the 'all knowing' powers the original Vetala had, it takes great skill and many years of dedicated studying and practice to gain the skill of insight and foresight, and there have only been a handful of Vetala to ever unlock these skills in the history of Halloween Town.

Possessing a corpse has become somewhat of a necessity for them. Their true forms (see image) provide very little distinction from one Vetala to the next, and so to gain a sense of identity they reanimate a corpse. The corpse they wear is either found at a human graveyard (though they will not recall ever being to the graveyard after), or through one of the elder Vetala, who smuggle some bodies into Halloween for the younger Vetala to practice on. They can possess the body however they wish to, however the most common way to exit the body would be to mime removing very tight fitting clothing.

In keeping with the myth, the hands (at the wrists) and the feet (at the ankles) will twist/turn backwards and reverse. There is no getting around this!

Most of the Vetala have been in zombie-like bodies for so long they tend to take over the Undead state of mind, and what they think of other species is highly dependant on the family line. Some families may be unaccepting to anything that is not a Vetala while others are more open, just like every other specie set. While they are able to live where ever they please, the majority of them are found in a 'village' that closely resembles a very large graveyard.

References / Notes
Notes:
-> If there are other Vetala in the school, Amrita is unaware. She left the Vetala village after getting stuck in her first year body without it being general knowledge.
-> Amrita does reference the Baital Pachisi on occasion, using it like we use tales of Hercules.
-> The Art: There is no art of a Vetala outside of a corpse. So I commissioned demon_pachabel for one! I gave her a few guidelines (younger looking, very few defining features~), and she ran with it. I loved the result, and so this is what I imagine a corpse-free Vetala to look like in TiH, the only differences being the clothes they wear and the general age appearance. Here is the same image at full size!

References:
Baital Pachisi - 'Twenty Five Tales of Baital' or 'Vikram and the Vampire'. This is a general summary. Basically, a Sorcerer wants the King to Capture a Vetala to use it as a weapon and a source of power. Every time the King gets his hands on the corpse the Vetala is possessing, it starts to tell a story and ends it with a thought provoking question, and a threat that if the King knows the answer but doesn't speak it, his head will explode (which was probably not true). When the King answers the Vetala disappears and he must try another day.
Vikram and the Vetal - These are rough english translations of the 25 tales~
Vetala - From Academic Dictionaries and encyclopedias
Vetala - From Monsterpedia

Enoh Love
Crew

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:06 am

Shop Credits:
  • This is Halloween: Lizbot, Chibizoo and Marushii
  • Graphics: Chibizoo
  • Banner Graphics: Pales
  • Amrita's Official Art: Y1/Y2: Demon_pachabel, Y3: Lucyal
  • Everything Else: Their Respective creators. Thank you!

Others:

Thank you very much!

{ Dorms } ------------------------Personal Profiles/Journals Here

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas