Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
How do you meet someone new?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Harley91594

Wheezing Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:52 pm
So, I'm probably going to sound like a prissy, infatuated little girl, but whatever. I know that you awesome people are realistic and may be able to help me with this.
So, I am in orchestra and play the violin. Some of the people in band are rehearsing with us so that we can have a full orchestra, (with woodwinds, brass, percussion and all of that.) Anyway, there is this guy who plays the trumpet. He really stood out to me becuase all of the trumpet players have gold trumpets, but his is silver. He's rather cute, but it's his sense of humor that I like. (I'm a "looks aren't everything" kind of girl.)
I want to get to know him because he seems like someone I could be friends with. But I don't know how to talk to him, or start a conversation. I don't even know his name. Don't think I'm an ignorant jerk for not knowing, the full orchestra has at least 150 people, and nobody knows everybody.
So, after a rather long and rambly post, here is my question: How can I introduce myself to this guy and get to know him? And I'm not looking for a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship, I'd like to be friends. Help would be much appreciated. Feel free to b***h at me, I know I sound pitiful. I've always been a taciturn person, so meeting people isn't my forte.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:28 pm
Well, you have something in common already, the band/orchestra. So, you can just play off that, and maybe strike up a conversation with him during,before,after the time that you will be in orchestra. This can probably help you to form a realtionship with this guy and from there you can expand on topics and other things. Also, you said you liked his sense of humor? so maybe you could play off of that, crack some jokes, talk about the music or something. But, just remember, even if you are trying to relate to this guy, always be yourself no matter what. You can't start any relationship on lies.

Aidensnumberonefan

Vaknar21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 pm
Walk up to him and say hello, slightly compliment him about his trumpet and things about the orchestra. See where that goes and make sure introduce yourself at some point but not to early in the conversation....like wait for him to ask or maybe after a few minutes in the conversation at a pinnacle point say your name by the way.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:42 pm
As they said as lame as is might sound, common ground is nice and you two both enjoy playing music. Maybe then get into music you enjoy listening to, movies, ex.
Ask any of your friends if they at lest know his name so you wont be all "hi uhmhmhhahah."  

Art Payment

Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff