Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Did Palin Hurt the GOP?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:55 pm
http://www.alaskadispatch.com/blogs/palin-watch/7429-did-sarah-palin-cost-the-gop-senate-control

Discuss  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:12 pm
I like Sarah Palin and respect her views. I dissagree with her on some issues but i agree with her principles. I don't think that she hurt the GOP but i do believe that she is given too much hype.  

Sailor Saturn93

Toxic Pepper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:52 pm
I am not a really big fan of Sarah Palin, but I don't think she hurt the GOP..  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:57 pm
She's a very intelligent and crafty woman. She knows really well how to work how a crowd and the camera. I'm just not a fan of her. I've tried, but just unable too.

It is possible that she did in some ways hurt the GOP. But I cannot say that she cost the GOP the Senate. That was the fault of people like O'Donnell that were just unable to garner the necessary votes. At times, I want to support the Tea Party, which was critical in the success for Republicans in these elections, but it's such a volatile mass. It's a monster that could very well grown out of control. But we shall just have to wait and see how it all turns out. The Republicans know what they need to do, it all just hangs on to are they willing to do it.  

THE tube sock

Tipsy Citizen

Captain Syrus Haley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:46 pm
Nah, I don't think she cost the GOP anything either. Bachus is just trying to find someone to blame.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:55 pm
The original article of Rep. Bachus' remarks here:

http://www.shelbycountyreporter.com/2010/11/07/spencer-bachus-sarah-palin-cost-gop-control-of-u-s-senate/  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:10 pm
I like Sarah Palin, she stayed smiling the entire time people were bashing her and her family. There is just something dynamic about her, but she isn't as scary as Hillary Clinton. I don't think she hurt the GOP, I can't say she was the best choice for a running mate for McCain. I'm sure there are a lot of others out there who could or have hurt the GOP more.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:56 am
So, follow-up point of discussion:

In at least 3 primary races this year Sarah Palin gave endorsements that proved critical to the eventual victory of the primary challenger. In these races, California, Delaware, and Nevada, Palin endorsed primary candidates who polled worse against the Democratic challenger, frequently trailing, over primary candidates who polled better against the primary challenger, frequently leading. In the end all three candidates lost in the general election after securing the primary wins.

So, the question to address: how was her activity in the primary races not fundamentally destructive to the Republican Party?  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:47 pm
No comment

I support Palin in generally all things, but the Liberal Agenda Media has corrupted her image to the general population.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:00 pm
I dont like her so much but she helped us in the house  

nickelb

Captain Syrus Haley

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:53 pm
Exactly - She helped us win the house and the governors. People worry that she lost us votes in the senate and stuff, but in reality I think she helped us more than enough to make up for the votes she lost us.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:41 am
we went going to take the senate anyways  

nickelb

Nympharia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:42 am
I think so, I was with a group of friends the other night when TLC showed a sneak peak of her new show Palin's Alaska (or whatever the title may be) and we all laughed. She stepped down from her governor seat to show how "committed" she was to "the cause", which just showed me how willing she is to jump to the next best thing, and she went on a huge shopping spree with thousands of dollars to feel like an "average" mother...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:10 am
True, I'm not saying she's a good person. I'm just saying that you don't need to be a good person in the first place when it comes to politics.  

Captain Syrus Haley

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff