Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Studio by Notomi

Back to Guilds

A sacred place for creativity and imagination. 

Tags: Roleplay, School, Graphics 

Reply The Studio
Valencia RP Rules Edit/Update 1/26/11

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jupiters Romance
Captain

Eloquent Ladykiller

9,925 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:43 pm
❶ Follow the Gaia TOS at all times

Just because this is a guild doesn’t mean that Moderators and Admins can’t see it. PG-13 rating needs to be kept at all times, for intimate situations time skips need to occur. Swearing is allowed in reasonable doses, violence and gore are permitted in appropriate description.

❷ All Guild Crew members are roleplay moderators.
If you have questions and I’m not around feel free to consult them. They are allowed to enforce my rules both when I am and am not present. If you feel they have been unjust to you contact me personally and I see further into the situation.

❸ No Godmodding.
God modding is a large umbrella that covers several different actions. I’ll touch on the three largest issues and if more arrive that need to be addressed I’ll ad them here as well. Power Playing is a form of god modding, and it pertains to controlling another person’s character without their permission. You can not type the follow through, reaction, intention, reaction, a characters past, present, future or anything involving another character (that has not been previously disclosed to your character) without their consent. No one gets to decide what happens to any character other than the one they are controlling. Miss Cleo This means that anything said about a character in the OOC thread or any other form of OOC chatter (Private Message) can’t be used against a character in the actual role play. Unless it has been disclosed to the character some way in the IC Roleplay thread you may not make mention of it. And then God Modding in itself means that a character has no limits or boundaries to their powers and abilities. When they can not be harmed, or when they kill or injure another character without the other players consent or permission.

❹ Staying in Character
If you make a sweet happy go lucky little girl, there is no reason for them to be controlling dark matter and showing their cleavage over night. All characters grow and change over time but each change needs to be justified by some occurrence in their profile or the roleplay thread itself. Any unjustified changes will be addressed.

❺ Posting and Literacy
Posts need to be at least 300 words, with minimal spelling and grammatical errors. There are several browsers that offer a spell check and I’m sure everyone has a word processor of some sort with the same nifty contraption. There is no reason for constant misspellings and it makes some posts hard to understand. Decorated posts are optional, but nice to see. We have a few photoshop wizards among us who are usually more than happy to help you make a format! Please don’t have a posting font in a blinding color or in a font size smaller than 10, both are extremely hard to read. Posts should be made at least once a week, more is nice but I understand that everyone has a life. If you’re going to be leaving on vacation or unable to post for a while due to any reason (Work, Finals, Dog ate the computer), just drop us a line in the OOC thread so we don’t think ya ran out on us! If you do not post in the RP thread for more than a month for no reason, but insist on spending time in the OOC thread constantly you WILL be removed. No excuses. If you fail to let us know that you will be leaving the RP for an extended period of time your character will be placd on hold. If you do not return within two months the spot is open again. You may rejoin if you wish, but you will have to reapply and the second time around you really need to wow us.

❻ Profiles, Reservations, Temp Characters
All species will be on a first come first serve basis. Each will have three slots, one male, one female, and one family slot. If you want to enter with a set of twins, siblings, cousins the family slot is the one you need to apply for! There will also be one wild card slot per species allowing you to make a character of your choosing under the circumstance that the spot you're looking for has already been filled. There will be NO ACCEPTIONS. Each position comes on a first come first serve basis, so make sure you send in those reservations. Once your reserve is accepted you have one week (7 days) to complete your profile and send it back to me for approval. If you fail to meet that deadline I will send you a reminder with a grace period of five (5) more days to complete it. If you don’t have your profile in by then the spot will be opened again for anyone else who wishes to join. Temporary characters are to be sent as a personal request to me, and discussed before being approved.

**Side note on Profile Submission: To make things easier on the 3-4 people running the show. Please put your profiles in your own test thread, located in the test thread forums. When you've completed it, simply let us know so we may review it in the thread as a group and decide before we post it in the Roster thread. Thanks! :3

Rules subject to change at my will and as we see fit. I will let you know when/if they have been augmented or updated.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:02 pm
How long does a day at Valencia take?

Morning will take 4 IRL days, and ends with students going to their morning classes.

Lunch will be 2 IRL day and will be a social intermission between morning classes and afternoon classes.

Afternoon will be 4 IRL days, and will start when classes let out.

Evening will last up to 1 IRL day following afternoon, hurry your people the ******** to bed.

Jupiters Romance
Captain

Eloquent Ladykiller

9,925 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Mark Twain 100
The Studio

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers