Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
What characters do you want to see in the next SSB? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:12 pm
I'm asking because I'm trying to write a fan-fic that details *my* story mode for the next game. I figure the easiest way to do that is to get your input on new characters, as well as plot and the final boss-type guy.

That said, we're trying to keep these characters strictly Nintendowned (I made that word up; it means owned by Nintendo) or used extensively by a Nintendo affiliate/used on their systems a lot (so, third-party characters have to have some sort of connection).

I'd also like you guys to add the description of each move (Up-smash, Up-B, and so on) for the character, since I've only played a few Nintendo games that were Nintendowned.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:38 pm
... Oh dear god.  

Super Cheesio

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:03 pm
Super Cheesio
... Oh dear god.

Sorry, no. God's not an option.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:05 pm
Eternality_Cannon
Super Cheesio
... Oh dear god.

Touché.  

Super Cheesio

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:50 pm
Super Cheesio
Eternality_Cannon
Super Cheesio
... Oh dear god.

Touché.

Although, I was planning on throwing Mii's into the mix; kinda like what happened with Kreate a Fighter in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:53 pm
Megaman and related characters.
Knuckles and Tails.  

Mad Haru

Astrimic

Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:01 pm
((I'm sorry I'm not going to name any button motions for the characters))

I'd just want a ton of characters in the next one.

Sort of like this except with more xd

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:50 pm
A lot of those are dumb. I agree with Megaman though, he should really be in the next one, and hopefully it's just original Megaman, although I wouldn't mind X much. Animal Crosser is my biggest hope for the next game/regret of Brawl along with Mii, which would be pretty sweet. The height/weight could even change how they play. Viewtiful Joe would be kind of neat, but he would be basically the exact same as Captain Falcon. Fast, with hard hitting, often charged moves, and they even look similar.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:04 pm
maybe change diddy kong so dixie is paired with him, and fight like in the classic DKC fasion. only without the if one dies they are replaced by the other, that'd be gay  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:44 pm
I was actually thinking of using Dixie and Rool; I didn't want to throw in too many third-party characters (I'd keep Sonic and Snake, possibly throwing in Mega Man (with a Zero FS) and even Ryu Hayabusa or Conker the Squirrel). I was mainly trying to work in more female characters, since almost every game has been a borderline sausage fest (Even most of the existing femmes; Zelda turns into an ambiguous Sheik, The Ice Climbers still have the guy, and Samus has enough testosterone to make Duke Nukem shrivel).

I also need a way to make a decent storyline without cramming ten characters into one scene.  

Slave Xaccheus

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:47 pm
Oh man, Frog or Magus would be sweet.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:49 pm
...Except with MORE?
WHAT.
Oh s**t Chibi-Robo >.> <3
...BRAIN AGE GUY? What the ********? You want ANOTHER FOX CLONE? Ha.
Balloon Fighter? DISKUN?! I can no longer take this seriously XD  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:54 pm
I dunno about K. Rool, he's a really uninspired enemy and he's fallen the wayside of the DK games, too. I never really thought of him as a good boss or enemy-at least, not like Bowser or Ganondorf. But there is a shortage of bad guys in the games. Brawl had Bowser, Ganon and then Wario and Dedede, and Dedede turned out to be a good guy anyway (they all did in the end but whatever). Megaman is probably the next character they would add at all and I heard the reasoning he wasn't in Brawl was that Nintendo was still miffed at Capcom for their shitty third party support (which has only continued on the Wii). Ryu I don't really see fitting, but Snake didn't fit much either, and Conker, not really at all. It's really hard to justify him. Travis Touchdown would be a great great great great addition though.

It is Super Smash BROS. after all though, so the lack of female charact-Yeah, I'm kidding. There just aren't many good female characters in games. You could add Krystal but I don't think she has a very strong fanbase.

And on trying to write a fan fiction and a storyline: They didn't have to do much in the way of great storytelling for Brawl, as anyone would have shat their pants just seeing two of gaming's most iconic... icons standing next to each other and interacting. There is barely any dialog spoken (I think Snake has the only word), and it didn't really amaze me storyline-wise. The whole Emperor thing being ROB was a pretty great surprise though.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:23 pm
Meta_Fish
I dunno about K. Rool, he's a really uninspired enemy and he's fallen the wayside of the DK games, too. I never really thought of him as a good boss or enemy-at least, not like Bowser or Ganondorf. But there is a shortage of bad guys in the games. Brawl had Bowser, Ganon and then Wario and Dedede, and Dedede turned out to be a good guy anyway (they all did in the end but whatever). Megaman is probably the next character they would add at all and I heard the reasoning he wasn't in Brawl was that Nintendo was still miffed at Capcom for their shitty third party support (which has only continued on the Wii). Ryu I don't really see fitting, but Snake didn't fit much either, and Conker, not really at all. It's really hard to justify him. Travis Touchdown would be a great great great great addition though.

It is Super Smash BROS. after all though, so the lack of female charact-Yeah, I'm kidding. There just aren't many good female characters in games. You could add Krystal but I don't think she has a very strong fanbase.

And on trying to write a fan fiction and a storyline: They didn't have to do much in the way of great storytelling for Brawl, as anyone would have shat their pants just seeing two of gaming's most iconic... icons standing next to each other and interacting. There is barely any dialog spoken (I think Snake has the only word), and it didn't really amaze me storyline-wise. The whole Emperor thing being ROB was a pretty great surprise though.

In order of responses:

I mainly wanted him to flesh out the D.K guys; Capcom did what now?

I'd like enough female characters to have a decent cat-fight, and to broaden more horizons beyond Zelink, Peachio, and Samusnake. Lyndis from FE 7 has a decent base, Krystal actually has different moves from any other Star Fox, and I'd even wager that Birdo (thrown in as a Yoshi character) Captain Syrup, Boo (she's from EarthBound/Mother) and even Daisy (technically a Wario character; she was kidnapped by that fat b*****d in SML) would be pleasant surprises.

Story mode actually would have dialogue this time; use the text-grunt system that all the other games have. Good lines, and might even help flesh out the characters (just no "Hey, excuuuse me, Princess!")  

Slave Xaccheus

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:46 pm
Eternality_Cannon
I mainly wanted him to flesh out the D.K guys; Capcom did what now?

I'd like enough female characters to have a decent cat-fight, and to broaden more horizons beyond Zelink, Peachio, and Samusnake. Lyndis from FE 7 has a decent base, Krystal actually has different moves from any other Star Fox, and I'd even wager that Birdo (thrown in as a Yoshi character) Captain Syrup, Boo (she's from EarthBound/Mother) and even Daisy (technically a Wario character; she was kidnapped by that fat b*****d in SML) would be pleasant surprises.

Story mode actually would have dialogue this time; use the text-grunt system that all the other games have. Good lines, and might even help flesh out the characters (just no "Hey, excuuuse me, Princess!")
Yeah, but I feel you should only really add characters if they're important or at least memorable. I understand wanting more DK characters, but I'd just go with Dixie if anyone. The other Kongs are stupid, but K. Rool would be a good fourth, if you really needed one. DK is all you really need anyway.

I don't really feel like any of those are very strong characters. Peach's attacks are all a bit silly, and adding Daisy to the fray would make them stretch even more to get her some real attacks. Birdo hardly counts as a woman, but a FE character, sure.

I suppose, I'm just thinking of voice acting in the next Smash game. People would b***h and moan about Link having speech, and Mario can't talk more than a sentence before you want to punch him. Everyone whined about Other M's voice acting too, and then Pit in Uprising. People are unpleasable. But since it'll be all text, go for it!  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff