Reply Facial & Oral Piercings
Lip piercing pain...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Classy Whore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:10 pm
I'm just wondering if this is all normal.
I'm on day 5 of my lip (labret) piercing healing.
Today I've been feeling a tight, stinging feeling on the hole when I smile big or open my mouth wide. This is normal right? I'm also slightly swollen still.

One more quick question, I got a cold today, will my piercing be okay?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:12 pm
Sounds normal. >3
Your skin is in the stage where it is almost trying to heal on the jewelry so when you smile/talk it moves and it can be quite painful. In a couple of days it should feel better since it will start healing more on the inside instead of the outside, your body is smart.. it knows what to do! XD
Just keep up the soaks, try to talk/smile as little as you can and it'll be fine.
As for the cold.. take vitamin c and load up on some kind of cold medicine so your body can fight off the cold then work on healing the piercing.. your body will still attempt to heal the piercing while you are sick.. but it's going to be more focused on getting over the sickness then healing the piercing.

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

The Classy Whore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:05 pm
Intoxikace
Sounds normal. >3
Your skin is in the stage where it is almost trying to heal on the jewelry so when you smile/talk it moves and it can be quite painful. In a couple of days it should feel better since it will start healing more on the inside instead of the outside, your body is smart.. it knows what to do! XD
Just keep up the soaks, try to talk/smile as little as you can and it'll be fine.
As for the cold.. take vitamin c and load up on some kind of cold medicine so your body can fight off the cold then work on healing the piercing.. your body will still attempt to heal the piercing while you are sick.. but it's going to be more focused on getting over the sickness then healing the piercing.

Ah, thanks! I feel very reassured now. biggrin I'll do my best to heal it. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:08 pm
Ugh, mine would randomly flare up for awhile after I had it pierced. .__.  

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas