Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nosada_Kage

6,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:50 pm
hello i am trying to further my learning of the Japanese language. so far i have only been teaching myself. I know the kana and have learned around 60 kanji. at this point i really need help with things like sentence structure and verb conjugation. i really want to take a serious approach to learning the language. i'd like to make a career out of it someday. so i was wondering if anyone had some advice for me as to what i should do next. materials i should look into, or programs i can purchase. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:22 pm
If you can afford it, I'd say take a class at a community college.  

Amyroth

Dapper Dabbler

Nosada_Kage

6,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:26 pm
Amyroth
i plan on doing that but it doesn't start for a couple months. however the last time i signed up for the class it was cancelled due to lack of participants. i have been considering getting the Genki books. anyone know how good those books are?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:33 am
Nosada_Kage
Amyroth
i plan on doing that but it doesn't start for a couple months. however the last time i signed up for the class it was cancelled due to lack of participants. i have been considering getting the Genki books. anyone know how good those books are?

Genki is pretty good. It's one of my sources for self-studying. I suggest you get other sources for learning too. There are loads of tutorials in the internet to supplement your self-study.^^  

Meriru

Nosada_Kage

6,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:12 pm
Meriru
Nosada_Kage
Amyroth

Genki is pretty good. It's one of my sources for self-studying. I suggest you get other sources for learning too. There are loads of tutorials in the internet to supplement your self-study.^^
thank you for the advice. any specific suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated. i plan to buy Genki, but what else should I look into?  
Japanese language

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games