Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:09 am
Resident Evil 5 Discussion

Please to limit all of the Resident Evil 5 hype with all these theories, I thought we can use this thread to talk about new features, ideas, and concerns about Resident Evil 5. Until Capcom mentions more info on the game that we can graps, this thread will stay open until then. So without further ado, chat it up.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:06 pm
For the record there is a +95% chance that the main character is Chris. So let's not talk about who the main character is.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:11 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
For the record there is a +95% chance that the main character is Chris. So let's not talk about who the main character is.
well, i'm 99.98% sure its Chris also, but others still see it as either Hunk or Carlos, but I'm sticking to my decision.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:34 am
MM-212 Beta
Biohazard EXTREME
well, i'm 99.98% sure its Chris also, but others still see it as either Hunk or Carlos, but I'm sticking to my decision.
No offense to anyone, but those who think it's hunk... Well... Wishful thinking there, buddy. And carlos' hair was lighter than that. The point is, this isn't real life, it's a game, they could make characters in all forms of varieties, they wouldn't make Carlos or Hunk look 80% like Chris looked in REmake, it would be senseless. That's like watching a Resident Evil 4 preview and thinking that the character is Billy.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Kouichi Pendolse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:17 am
I thought they confirmed it was Chris.

Anyway, I think they've finally decided to set it in a post-apocolyptic world where Wesker's setting the multiple virus's loose to kill everyone and crown himself their Tyrant ruler.

The Wesker @ Chris think might finally be settled from RE. Otherwise, it's a prelude for RE6 future REsi-s and the so called, 'side-story' of RE4 will be disproven.

And yes, that bugs me. we played through all that and it's just a 'side -story'. Howcan it be a side-story if it involves Wesker wanting the Plagas sample?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:01 pm
Kouichi Pendolse

Anyway, I think they've finally decided to set it in a post-apocolyptic world where Wesker's setting the multiple virus's loose to kill everyone and crown himself their Tyrant ruler.

The Wesker @ Chris think might finally be settled from RE. Otherwise, it's a prelude for RE6 future REsi-s and the so called, 'side-story' of RE4 will be disproven.

And yes, that bugs me. we played through all that and it's just a 'side -story'. Howcan it be a side-story if it involves Wesker wanting the Plagas sample?
From what I heard Capcom has'nt said anything about who the main character is but from Wesker's report in RE4 he is planning on re-building Umbrella the way he visions it.  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Mr. Tough Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:49 pm
Kouichi Pendolse

It's about as much a side story as Code:Veronica. Except that Code:Veronica led into something that we never actually got to see happen. My theory: the creators figured that Code:Veronica would lead directly into the final showdown, and the series would end. But Capcom is known for shamelessly milking everything they can out of their franchises, and wanted more. So the original builds for RE4 were torn down, and a transition story was put in, opening up new possibilities  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:41 pm
Hunk's hair is lighter I think. And besides, I doubt they would put a guy who works for the baddies as a main character.

I hope there will be zombies and b.o.w.s, I miss them....  

Resident Isaka
Crew

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:45 pm
Resident Isaka
Hunk's hair is lighter I think. And besides, I doubt they would put a guy who works for the baddies as a main character.

I think all the hardcore fans do.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:02 pm
MM-212 Beta
Resident Isaka

Slow, predictable zombies? I just recently played all the REs from REMake through to now my new copy of RE4 on the PS2. To put it plainly, I owned the zombies in all the old games, and a good deal of the BOWs too (only Nemesis gave me much trouble). Now, I'm getting clobbered pretty well by the ganados in 4. Some could just be being out of practice, but still, I found the zombies of the older games (which I was playing on their hardest modes) too easy now. I still say going back to straight zombies would be a step in the wrong direction. Most likely, the creatures in 5 will be zombified plagas.  

Mr. Tough Guy

Resident Isaka
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:14 pm
Sporadic77
MM-212 Beta
Resident Isaka

Slow, predictable zombies? I just recently played all the REs from REMake through to now my new copy of RE4 on the PS2. To put it plainly, I owned the zombies in all the old games, and a good deal of the BOWs too (only Nemesis gave me much trouble). Now, I'm getting clobbered pretty well by the ganados in 4. Some could just be being out of practice, but still, I found the zombies of the older games (which I was playing on their hardest modes) too easy now. I still say going back to straight zombies would be a step in the wrong direction. Most likely, the creatures in 5 will be zombified plagas.

I prefer zombies. Not because they are hard, but because they are much REish. And if they make ultimate zombies, hard to kill and fast, everyone would be happy.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:00 am
Resident Isaka

That's right. Hunk's hair is lighter and he looked much older than the character in RE5. And yes, zombies are a lot cooler than ganados. I mean, if Capcom wanted to put harder enemies than zombies, they could always go with Crimson Heads. They're faster, freakier and more dangerous than standard zombies, but still have the same principle. However, those aren't crimson heads in RE5, they can't be, because when they run, you can see them swinging their arms, and zombies/CH's dont' do that.  

Biohazard EXTREME

A5116278

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:49 am
Resident Isaka

i believe hunk has good in him, and anyway doesnt he diserve a second chance?
if he is in the game with chris i support him all the way  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:19 pm
I'm guessing a plagas infected with any of the virus's causes advanced mutation and the ability to keep propper moter functions. So jaa~ Plagas Crimson Heads.  

Kouichi Pendolse

Moneneko

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:07 pm
Well whatever the main enemies if RE5 are, it should be intresting. My working theory is that the creatures it shows chasing Chris are creatures created by infecting the Plagas with the T-Virus, and then using them to infect the humans, and Chris happened to stumble into the town Wesker decided to use for his testing.
The setting looks like it takes place in an old style Mexican town (I don't know why, it just screams Mexico to me) and Chris was contacted about strange happenings and moved in to investigate, and came across running Zombies, who due to the Plagas arn't excatly dead and have some smarts.
But like everyone else is, I am really looking foreward to a final showdown between Wesker and Chris, (What will most likely be the final battle) That battle will have special effects, But not ones that make it look stupid, and if he's not the final battle, he should at least have a large part in the game. But if there is a battle, I don't know how Chris expects to win, nto when he dropped a stack of eye beams on Weskers head and he stood up fine, laughing even.
And if this is Chris's game, should we expect guest apperences from Jill or Claire? Not too likely, but a slight possibility.
But in almost every Resident Evil game, there is a side character that has a lot to do with the story, an ally of sorts.

RE1: Chris-Rebecca Jill-Barry
RE2: Leon-Ada Claire-Sherry
RE3: Jill-Carlos
RE4: Leon-Ashley
REOutbreak: Multible people
RECodeVeronica: Claire-Steve/Chris
REDeadAim: Bruce-Fong Ling (sp?)
REGaiden: Barry-Leon/Luccia

So like I said...I wonder who Chris's counterpart is going to be in this game? Will it be someone familliar or someone new? Well this is all I have to say on the subject at this moment, but hey, I think I've said my piece.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff