Dream DISCOSSION Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:20 am
This thread is dedicated to the discussion of dreams, and all that jazz. I thought it would be pretty neat to hear what some of you have to talk about on the matter, and perhaps if noone else even posts, this will just be a web log of my dreams.

DISCOSS.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:21 am
I'll start. Last night, I dreamt I was in my old highschool, and the whole time I was there my mind couldn't stop doing backflips to explain away the shape of the building. In my dreams things are never quite right, but rather, they are just right enough to pass a cursory glance... or to maybe resemble vaguely the original place, disproportionate, and out of order.

When I reached first period class, I came to the realization that everyone who I would have had that class with had graduated already, even the younger students.

Everything got really shaky and glowed white until I couldn't see anything, and then It cleared, and all the people and objects stopped where they had been. The illusion had faded completely this time, I questioned if I was really dreaming, because I could feel things, like the little metal bumps in the seats of those hard plastic chairs. I had figured out I was dreaming, and it was different this time. I was completely awake, in the dream world. There was no fog of dream state lingering over me, messing with my perceptions.

I proceeded right out of the building into the teacher parking lot, and almost walked off into the fog of the distance, but a thought snared me. I should set up some kind of marker I could recognize in my mind and come back to. Maybe I was starting to become part of the dream narrative again, because things started moving independently again.

I decided I would use one of my highschool friend's cars as some kind of beacon, because it was totally unique, but still fit into the theme of the dream. I harnessed my creative energies and turned on the spot, and I summoned the right kind of car, but it was the wrong colors, maroon and orange, instead of black and red. I tried again, dispelling the other car with unnatural ease, and dropped a new car into the dream. It was really far away, but I could tell it was even farther from correct. Instead of a sports car, it was an SUV. The colors were right though. As I came closer to this new car, I realized that the friend who was supposed to drive it was also there, but like some pastiche of him. I decided to humor the figment and hear what it had to say, but then before I could even begin my journey into the mind, someone did something loud and I woke up.

MOTHER ********!  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Al Torrenz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:51 am
I hate interrupted dreams.

I know I had a kickass dream last night, but I didn't write it down so I forgot about it. Writing down dreams and learning to remember them is helpful to apprehend the art of lucid dreaming, which I aspire to do.

I'll try the sleep stasis thing tonight. Fell asleep last time I tried.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:00 pm
Let's see... I guess I'll join in too, I'm a bit bored, here's a dream I had:
I was taken into a video game world(The legend of Zelda: ocarina of time) It was set hundreds of years after link saved Hyrule. So I got there but I didn't know where I was at first so I climbed up Death mountain, which then was calmed down and now a giant peak towering hundreds of miles in the sky. I climbed up it and I looked down at Hyrule, this was when I recognized it because of the shape. Then I wondered(For some reason) If I could at the speed I would pick up go through the ground below me gliching the game(The day before I had been looking up gliches in the game). So I jumped off the cliff xd It was really fun skydiving, I was in the air for about ten minutes then I hit and went through the ground. Then I fell face down on the floor waking up rofl

Astrimic

Gekko

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:45 pm
It's been a while since I had a dream I remember very clearly, but most of the ones I do remember involve someone chasing me trying to attack me for some ridiculous reason.

Like one time, I was playing darts with Snape from Harry Potter, I got a Bullseye. Then Snape was like, "You got a Bullseye! Now I will get YOUR eye!" Then he was chasing me with darts untill I woke up.

There was another time I was being chased by Eggman with a wierd Boomerang. He hit me with it too, and it pushed me up against the side of a boat, and it kept spinning at my back, it was actually quite painful, I had to try to force myself to wake up because it hurt so much.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:14 pm
Well, last night I had a dream that I can remember. Bear with me on this dream, it starts boring then gets kinda weird.

It was my first day of college. On the way to the college I met my school friends who were wearing school uniform. I was in normal clothes because I was going to college. They mocked me for going to college rather than my school's sixth form and I went and sat down at some benches with some people from my school who were also in normal clothes. After my friends left, me and my fellow college students went into this grotty take-away like place which appeared to be in my high street where the newsagents is... This place is the college. So we walk through to a back room and there's this middle eastern woman and her adult son showing of an Aladin game. (Yeah, I dunno why either) The lady's son was very excited to show it off to us, but his mother kept telling him how much of a failure he was. I don't remember what happened after that. I think it may have been something violent.

So yeah. Compared to most dreams I have that's pretty tame. However, like all my dreams it makes no sense. I'll try to make a habit of recording my dreams here because many of them are very interesting, but dreams are sadly easy to forget.  

Super Cheesio

Astrimic

Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:41 pm
Hmm I think I'll post another dream I remember.

(I had this dream after watching Inuyasha xd )
I was walking out onto my deck, for some reason I was in inuyasha's outfit xd and I was staring at the sky. It was the beautiful night sky with no clouds or lights shining I could see it almost like it was crystal. Then surprisingly a tiny crystal came from the sky and hit my yard. And I walked over to the edge of my deck to see it then for some reason my train of dream went from Inuyasha to final fantasy: Crystal chronicles anyway, I looked down at it and it was a shard of the shikon jewel, but, I yelled "Oh! I can use that crystal to keep the miasma away!" then I jumped off the deck and amazingly I was swimming in it. The ground had completely disappeared and all that was left was the night sky above me and the day sky below me it was complete awesomeness swimming in the sky was completely epic, then I woke up.

And another dream, this one is shorter.

I was outside next to my house and a wolf blew out of the house north of mine with a large explosion and ran over to me. I then woke up but what is really interesting is, the next day I was watching wolfs rain with my bro and the same thing happened except that it wasn't centered around my area eek  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:02 pm
Hm... This one wasn't very recent, but it's about the only "lucid" dream I've had. (I'm not sure if you CAN consider it lucid)
So I was at my school or something... I think. And I told someone IN my dream there was this thing called Lucid Dreaming where you can do things in your dream and be conscious of it...
So I put it into practice and summoned Spyro and flew around! Yeah, I don't ever remember having dreams where I can fly and I wanted to. But then he tried to kill me XD

I usually have dreams where people/things try to kill me, actually. Otherwise they're awesome and I forget them immediately, or I just don't remember them at all!
So! The "usual" questions. No, I can't smell/taste things in my dream. No they aren't ever in black and white XD Also, I seem to have several different dreams, not just one continuous one. I don't know if that's common or not!
Oh and my mom said I've been talking in my sleep this week. I dunno why. And I don't remember any of my dreams from this week

Oh! I remember another one. XD I've been wanting to get a cat. And I've been playing a lot of Minecraft. So, I was in my house and a cat was outside the door and I brought her in and tried to give it water. And as soon as I did, two dogs appeared out of NOWHERE and KILLED IT XD (did I mention death?) Oh my god I hate dogs. ******** YOU, GET OUTTA MY DREAMS.
And the cat was kinda weird looking too. It was kinda... blocky and cartoony? Like Minecraft XD
Alright, I'm done.  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:26 pm
I_love_Inuyasha1

I usually have dreams where people/things try to kill me, actually. Otherwise they're awesome and I forget them immediately, or I just don't remember them at all!
So! The "usual" questions. No, I can't smell/taste things in my dream. No they aren't ever in black and white XD Also, I seem to have several different dreams, not just one continuous one. I don't know if that's common or not!
Oh my god you too? Those are just about the only dreams I can remember, people trying to kill me! Do you feel pain in your dreams?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:46 pm
My dreams are quite strange.
The topic and setting will change randomly, though there will be a transition. The transitions actually make sense most of the time, however, the object of importance in the transition does not.

My family is trying to kill me. More importantly, why does this elevator go up to no floors? My undead family does not exist anymore, so I need to get on this plane.

Edit: Oh, right. Cannot taste or smell, and the colors in my dream are always doubly over saturated. I can always hear, and the sounds are always distant and incredibly ambient, even if I'm talking to someone right in front of me.  

l-Kriel-l

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:35 pm
Bongardo
I_love_Inuyasha1

Oh my god you too? Those are just about the only dreams I can remember, people trying to kill me! Do you feel pain in your dreams?

Hm... Sometimes. But usually not when I wake up.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:43 pm
I_love_Inuyasha1
Bongardo
I_love_Inuyasha1

Hm... Sometimes. But usually not when I wake up.

I feel the pain in dreams too xp one time in a dream I got my arm cut off which really hurt! but it's really funny talking about it now because after I got my arm cut off and woke up, my arm (that was cut off in the dream) was numb(Fallen asleep) and wrapped around me going under my back so when I woke up I had no feeling of my arm and I reached for it but it wasn't there xd that is probably the time when I have been the most scared my my entire life rofl but it gets worse than that. I moved my shoulder around swinging it into the air to see if my arm was there and because my arm was asleep it went into the air then came back down slapping me xd  

Astrimic

Gekko

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:44 pm
What is up with you people and your dreams of dying, or being threatened by death?

When people try to kill me in my dreams, it's usually just an opportunity for dream me to be a bad-a**.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:50 pm
Maybe you just don't have a fear of death.  

l-Kriel-l

Redilicious

Dapper Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:56 pm
sure, why not join

yesterday i was having a dream that had to be really good, because the only thing that i remember is that i went back to sleep after FINALLY waking up early for school just to finish it. all i remember is that it was something about 8-bit mario, evil snowmen, wolves, and yugioh. still trying to remember what it was >.<

yeah, my dreams are weird and crazy. and thats how i like them!

Social Room

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff