Reply Off Topicness
USMC Enlistment Help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Christowns

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:42 pm
I'm 19, but I have a weight issue, being well over the MAX weight limit, (284/20 cool , for my height, (73" [[6'1"]]).

I am looking to get good advice for getting active again (Not just "Get out and run." I am too heavy to do that without ruining my knees), by Late April, of 2011. That is when I expect to make the decision final, or wait another year to enlist. I would much prefer to make the decision final, and DEP in.

I guess I am asking for training tips, for losing that extra weight, or at least getting down to the Bootcamp Ship weight, (I believe it is ~230. For which they will take 50 in boot, if I do that.)

I do not have access to weights, or a gym, so I am sort of stuck with what to do to get that weight off.

ALSO: Looking for tips to get through Boot Camp, (MCRD San Diego) without too much trouble. (Again, I know that I need to run, and a LOT. Same for push-ups.)

I am not worried about Marksmanship, as I shoot high expert scores under duress, already.

Thank you all for your service! (Or future service, as I hope to be one day soon.)

EDIT: I've talked to the recruiter about this as well, and he's pretty adamant that the only thing I can really do is run. Sadly, if I run, before I join, I won't make it through boot, because my knees would be utterly devastated, and I would more likely then not be medically discharged soon after.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:12 pm
you know you could go to any public pool and swim. It's easy on your joints and is both aerobic and anaerobic at the same time. I would suggest doing that. if you really want to join, you can pull it off  

Eye of Dracul

3,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Signature Look 250
Off Topicness

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items