Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Visualizations are Energetic Constructs?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sentient Light

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:19 pm
A visualization is a methodical process that is building an energetic construct in your mind [or spirit? o.O] that reflects the physical world. They are both blue-prints and guides.

Would you agree?

So rituals and some [if not all] types of music are formed to create energetic constructs. So we can build these places, take others with us, and establish a new set of rules, and eventually affect our own reality? Maybe?

What are the bounds of possibility if we are changing our reality by entering trances so we can enter these energetic constructs where the laws of physics are transformed into something where YOU or your focus decides what is possible.. Changing reality through changing the focus and rules of reality, putting our minds in a place where they can accept things they normally would not..?

So how dramatically can we change our reality if we spend more time in these mind sets? Is that the point of no return, where you lose your sense of self and merge into oneness or lose your sense of consciousness? Or is that at the point where, when staying aware, you can do things like Neo.. Dodging bullets, because your mind is stuck in one of these mind sets where you are capable of doing this easily..?

Have I lost you guys? My question is.. how much can we build upon energetic constructs? How close to "reality" can we bring them?

And then I am doing a lot of wondering in general about the nature of visualizations and sharing my thoughts.. Please forgive me for this random rambling. xP

I know this probably sounds like the process of magick, but what I'm wondering is, what forms does the "process of magick" take. How much can we change the world with magick? Is there a way to use magick to transform the laws of physics completely by living within the energetic construct that visualizations provide?
If we can go to other realms, and affect our own reality during our time in trances, shouldn't it be possible to transform our own world? Why would this be difficult? What can we do to make the process of magick more predictable?

I'm here to ask these questions, and then discover the answer. [Even if all of this is super obvious to others.. xP]  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:26 pm
Most magic works through coincidental means, I've noticed. If you want $100 then typically some chain of events will be set in motion by your spell or thoughtform that gets you $100; that $100 doesn't just materialize on your altar.

Getting that $100 still works within the perceived limits of our reality; you aren't breaking any rules. At most, you're altering probability. This is most magic.

Could you change the rules of our reality? I doubt it. Not only are you contending with the perceived rules of existence in the physical world, you're also dealing with the beliefs and thoughtforms of the rest of humanity. The majority of humanity most likely doesn't believe that people can fly without technology. The majority of humanity most likely doesn't believe that people can shapeshift. Do you see where I'm going with this?

This isn't to say that it's not possible, but I think that changing all of physical reality is a tall order when you could just change it for yourself, in accordance with what you want to do.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Sentient Light

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:51 am
Obscurus
Most magic works through coincidental means, I've noticed. If you want $100 then typically some chain of events will be set in motion by your spell or thoughtform that gets you $100; that $100 doesn't just materialize on your altar.

Getting that $100 still works within the perceived limits of our reality; you aren't breaking any rules. At most, you're altering probability. This is most magic.

Could you change the rules of our reality? I doubt it. Not only are you contending with the perceived rules of existence in the physical world, you're also dealing with the beliefs and thoughtforms of the rest of humanity. The majority of humanity most likely doesn't believe that people can fly without technology. The majority of humanity most likely doesn't believe that people can shapeshift. Do you see where I'm going with this?

This isn't to say that it's not possible, but I think that changing all of physical reality is a tall order when you could just change it for yourself, in accordance with what you want to do.

Well, I understand that is how magick works.. but our beliefs have enough of an impact on the reality we are experiencing that it seems like we should be able to manipulate our own paradigms to transform collective reality..
I'm wondering what the limitations of the imagination becoming manifested are. If it's purely synchronicity, can we find ways to predict and control these things through transforming our way of thinking? It's supposed to be mind over matter, right?

Maybe this is just coming from my own way of seeing the world and assuming others see it the same way.. That's something I really need to work on.. see, I'm completely stuck on the idea of a collective consciousness, and see everything and everyone as being a reflection of myself while also separate, but I forget I am also a reflection because my focus is on transforming myself to transform the world around me.
I feel.. like this is something I really need to work on..
Haha.. but this is off topic and purely an excuse.. It probably wouldn't be considered research. It's self empowerment. And I'm selfish enough as it is.. x.x;; [Can't separate all that well anymore.. scary.. will do better in the future.]

I understand what you're saying though.. ^^;;  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:39 pm
You might be interested in the metaphysics of a game called Mage: The Ascension.

I realize that it's only fiction, but when I read about it I was like "Wow, that really makes a lot of sense. eek "  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Epileptic Eclipse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:43 am
Perceiving visualizations such as symbols or imagination is like an echo that reflects and use or gather energy. One way or another, it somehow correlates in certain understanding, which Obscurus says that "At most, you're altering probability."
Then again, these perceptions are from an internal force, you. External force is biased.

What made X do X in the first place without internal force.

I don't know if made sense to you but, yeah...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:31 pm
Sentient Light
Obscurus

Well, I understand that is how magick works.. but our beliefs have enough of an impact on the reality we are experiencing that it seems like we should be able to manipulate our own paradigms to transform collective reality..
I'm wondering what the limitations of the imagination becoming manifested are. If it's purely synchronicity, can we find ways to predict and control these things through transforming our way of thinking? It's supposed to be mind over matter, right?

Maybe this is just coming from my own way of seeing the world and assuming others see it the same way.. That's something I really need to work on.. see, I'm completely stuck on the idea of a collective consciousness, and see everything and everyone as being a reflection of myself while also separate, but I forget I am also a reflection because my focus is on transforming myself to transform the world around me.
I feel.. like this is something I really need to work on..
Haha.. but this is off topic and purely an excuse.. It probably wouldn't be considered research. It's self empowerment. And I'm selfish enough as it is.. x.x;; [Can't separate all that well anymore.. scary.. will do better in the future.]

I understand what you're saying though.. ^^;;
dont need worry much about what you say
and this reminds me of how a bunch of people got together and prayed for so many days and while they prayed for peace violence dropped like 70% or something  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

The Occult Research Society

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces