Please speak more slowly

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wolf Nightshade

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:06 am
Question.

A program I am using has it like this.( Dooka moo sukoshi yukkuri hanashite kudosai.)

According to my dictionary Hanashite is (a / the) Speaker and Hanasu is to speak. Is it correct to say Hanashite or Hanasu?

I would also like to have a breakdown of the words used. I don't understand the meanings of the first words used. Everything else I get.

Dooka - ?

Moo - ?

Sukoshi -Slightly, A bit or small amount.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:58 pm
Wolf Nightshade
Question.

A program I am using has it like this.( Dooka moo sukoshi yukkuri hanashite kudosai.)

According to my dictionary Hanashite is (a / the) Speaker and Hanasu is to speak. Is it correct to say Hanashite or Hanasu?

I would also like to have a breakdown of the words used. I don't understand the meanings of the first words used. Everything else I get.

Dooka - ?

Moo - ?

Sukoshi -Slightly, A bit or small amount.

"hanashite" is the command form of "hanasu". "kudasai" at the end makes it more polite. So "hanashite" is the correct form to use.

Douka (dooka), according to my dictionary is "please" and usually used at the beginning of the sentence. Some one clarify this one for me.

Mou (moo) means already, anymore, also, more... It has a lot of meanings but it would depend on context. In your sentence, it means "more".  

Meriru

Tai Yukimura
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:00 pm
Not sure about the dooka or the moo but how I would say it is
chooto yukkuri itte kudasai

which is a little slowly say it please

for hanashite- to speak you could use it but it would be more natural to use iu which is- to say

and you have to use hanashite with kudasai because hanasu in not in its te form.

and the speaker is implied in this case  
Japanese language

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff