Money schemes. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:20 pm
With the 3DS coming in just a few short months, I'm sure many of you are looking to your parents relatives and perhaps J.O.B.s for the cash with which to afford the coming of the third D.

This thread is dedicated to the discussion of how you plan to scrape together the cash to afford the system at launch.

Me, personally? I just discovered my hundreds and hundreds of magic the gathering cards from ages past are actually worth something to the people of the world. I think I'm gonna figure out how to sell them.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:28 pm
Christmas money, gifts, anyway possible.  

Tonberry Crunch

7,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:38 pm
Okay, so here are my plans money-wise for the next half a year. In the new year, I will buy the components for my gaming PC except for the graphics card. I will use my old graphics card and save up £150 for a new one. By then it will be late spring time. I will then save up until my birthday in July. I will put the 3DS at the top of my birthday list and a new monitor second. If I get the 3DS, I will buy the monitor. If I get the monitor, I will buy a 3DS.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:04 pm
[Kegan]
I just discovered my hundreds and hundreds of magic the gathering cards from ages past are actually worth something to the people of the world. I think I'm gonna figure out how to sell them.

Give me a list of what you have and I might just buy them off of ya  

misternitsua

IRL Feeder

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:41 pm
Mostly worthless stuff, I'm pretty sure, but I've skimmed a little bit and found a few cards that are worth a couple dollars in good condition. Most are worth cents, though.

Are you looking for anything in particular?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:00 pm
Dual lands, Moxen (even if they're of the chrome and diamond varieties)...what sets are your cards from, for the most part?  

misternitsua

IRL Feeder

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:06 pm
I have a few from starter, a lot from urza's destiny, and mercadian masques, and 6th edition... I stopped for a while, and picked the game back up around 7th edition, oddessy, torment and nemesis

and I have a bunch of cards from mirrodin and darksteel judgement and other s**t.

I have a few REALLY ancient cards that just sorta came into my possession, which predate blocks and decks.

I haven't collected in years, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:48 pm
i'll wit till they come out with more colors, then i'll get one of those and go LULZ GLAD I WAITED I GAWT TEH COLOUR I WUNTED!  

Xilo The Odd

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:03 pm
And I'll go.

GLAD I GOT TO PLAY FOR A YEAR BEFORE YOU.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:11 pm
[Kegan]
I have a few from starter, a lot from urza's destiny, and mercadian masques, and 6th edition... I stopped for a while, and picked the game back up around 7th edition, oddessy, torment and nemesis

and I have a bunch of cards from mirrodin and darksteel judgement and other s**t.

I have a few REALLY ancient cards that just sorta came into my possession, which predate blocks and decks.

If you happen to have Treetop Village, Gaea's Cradle, Phyrexian Tower, Thran Quarry, Tolarian Academy, or any of the broken Affinity cards from Mirrodin block, I'd be a happy camper.  

misternitsua

IRL Feeder

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:33 pm
misternitsua
[Kegan]

If you happen to have Treetop Village, Gaea's Cradle, Phyrexian Tower, Thran Quarry, Tolarian Academy, or any of the broken Affinity cards from Mirrodin block, I'd be a happy camper.
I have a whole deck based around artifact affinity. I could reassemble from my collection the bait and bludgeon deck from Mirrodin.

I was planning on selling that whole deck together, to make a little extra. It's got a lot of cards that are worth a dollar or two each

It'd take me a while to figure out what price I would want to ask for it, though. The cards are in pretty good condition, but the box has been sitting (crushed) in my big of crap cards xd  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:55 pm
Also, if you have any 6th or 7th edition Counterspells, those would make me a happy person  

misternitsua

IRL Feeder

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:26 pm
The mercadian masques version of counterspell looks familiar, but that block was around the time when a lot of my cards got destroyed xd .

I'll keep an eye out for it, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:47 pm
Maybe I should start a list...but anyways, if you happen upon Extraplanar Lens or Mirari's Wake, I want them.  

misternitsua

IRL Feeder

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:31 am
if you're interested in multi-colored cards, you might be interested in the card Dragon arch?

I have a thorn elemental and elvish champion mint in their packaging, but holographic from the 7th and 8th editions respectively.

I also have an eternal witness, with a small superficial scratch on the front, which is really only noticeable in the right light.

I mentioned these because you seemed interested in green.  
Social Room

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff