Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Art Share
Chainmaille counts as art! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:48 pm
So... I've been doing chainmaille for about a year and working with jewelry for about 7 years... I just FINALLY came out with a good modified weave for a collar and I made 5 of 'em. Tell me what you think!

Collar #1
Collar #2
Collar #3
Collar #4
Collar #5

If anyone is interested in getting their paws on one of these you can commission me at either Steelmoon.etsy.com by selecting the alchemy button or You can send me a note on FA.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:05 pm
Those are simply gorgeous!  

FANGwoof

Hogosha neko

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:07 pm
They look really nice :3 Keep up the good work 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:39 pm
Thanks you guys!  

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:44 pm
good gods, those are amazing! O.O

how much do they sell for? they look expensive.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:35 pm
Chieftain Twilight

They start at $40.00 (cant sell them on Gaia) which includes any (or all) colors for anodized aluminum/non-colored steel and the plastic side release buckle. I can order locking buckles and put D or O rings on them and other stuff as well. Check me out on my FA account to see more of what I can do. If you're interested in starting a commission email me at Muffintop010@yahoo.com.  

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:43 pm
Newest addition to my collar family. Made because I can and it's up for sale at my FA account!

Collar #6

Whadd'ya think?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:46 pm
Foxifyre
Chieftain Twilight

They start at $40.00 (cant sell them on Gaia) which includes any (or all) colors for anodized aluminum/non-colored steel and the plastic side release buckle. I can order locking buckles and put D or O rings on them and other stuff as well. Check me out on my FA account to see more of what I can do. If you're interested in starting a commission email me at Muffintop010@yahoo.com.

that is an incredible bargain! how much profit do you make per item?  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Hogosha neko

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:09 pm
Have you ever tried making a belt?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:29 pm
Hogosha neko

No but I can do it if someone wants one. I would use the same general pricing for the belt as I would for the collars. Depending on materials It would probably be $1.75 for each inch past 17 inches. So... for a 38 inch waist It would probably be somewhere around $60. I would have to do some more math on it to make sure but I could definitely make a belt with no trouble... I could even use glow in the dark rings for part of it... would be a cool rave item.

Chieftain Twilight

Actually... If you total it up for the four to six hours it takes to make one and the cost of materials... it ends up being a GREAT deal. I'm technically losing money on the hours worked... but the over-all profit totals out to somewhere around 300% maybe 400% of the material cost depending a number of factors. For statistics sake... 300% sounds about right for the leeway needed to encompass the extra factors.  

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:50 pm
Foxifyre
Hogosha neko

No but I can do it if someone wants one. I would use the same general pricing for the belt as I would for the collars. Depending on materials It would probably be $1.75 for each inch past 17 inches. So... for a 38 inch waist It would probably be somewhere around $60. I would have to do some more math on it to make sure but I could definitely make a belt with no trouble... I could even use glow in the dark rings for part of it... would be a cool rave item.

Chieftain Twilight

Actually... If you total it up for the four to six hours it takes to make one and the cost of materials... it ends up being a GREAT deal. I'm technically losing money on the hours worked... but the over-all profit totals out to somewhere around 300% maybe 400% of the material cost depending a number of factors. For statistics sake... 300% sounds about right for the leeway needed to encompass the extra factors.

wow! O.O I'm shocked you make that much at such low sales-prices. good work.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:40 pm
I really like the blue ones they are very nice. you should either have someone take a picture with one on or take one with you wearing it i wish the clasps were different. but other than that they are really awesome!  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:38 am
Lusty101
I really like the blue ones they are very nice. you should either have someone take a picture with one on or take one with you wearing it i wish the clasps were different. but other than that they are really awesome!

What kind of clasps would you like to see on them out of curiosity? I can usually make any clasp work. Just wondering so I can try to offer it in the future.

I'll see if I can get a good pic up with me wearing mine for you guys to see.

Chieftain Twilight
wow! O.O I'm shocked you make that much at such low sales-prices. good work.

^_^ Thankies! I might end up lowering my prices... my family says I should charge more for them... but I'm not selling any at this rate and price so it might have to go down.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:56 pm
I extreamly tempted on the belt thing.... Ive got allot of money I can blow and your things have gotten my attention.

On a side note, this isnt something id be very interested in but is a cool idea. There was someone at a bazaar here who makes chainmail and the guy had a chainmail tie XD Just thought that was neat.  

Hogosha neko

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:50 pm
Hogosha neko
I extreamly tempted on the belt thing.... Ive got allot of money I can blow and your things have gotten my attention.

On a side note, this isnt something id be very interested in but is a cool idea. There was someone at a bazaar here who makes chainmail and the guy had a chainmail tie XD Just thought that was neat.

Well I'd certainly enjoy the challenge.

Lol! that sounds amazing!!! >.> now I'm gonna have to think up a pattern to make one just for giggles. xd

Also... on a side note I finally took some pictures of collars being worn and other stuff... tell me what you think of my new necklace! It's a byzantine weave which makes it really cool =P

New Necklace
Collar #7 <-- Is for sale for $40 on FA
Chainmaille Collar on
Chainmaille Collar on (far away)
Ribbon collar front
Ribbon collar back  
Art Share

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers