Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kanoka Uchiha

4,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:52 pm
who do you think is a powerful female to you and why?

mine is anne bolyen. she knew wat she wanted and didnt let anything stop her. the world would hav been better if she didnt die. woman would hav more power and alot faster >w<

what makes you a powerful female? :3  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:31 pm
i think that rosa parks, is a powerful female cause she started the civil rights movement, cause she didnt want to give up her seat when she was on the bus. and back then it took guts to stand up for yourself, or for anybody else for that matter. if she hasnt already passed away then she is the best, and i say thank you, (im not black but if i was in her spot i would have done the same thing weither or not i got myself killed for it.) but if she has then i would like to say THANK YOU AND YOU WILL BE MISSED!!!  

vampires_cant_be_tamed20

radicaledward124

8,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:37 pm
as cheese as this is, i think my mother is a powerful woman. she went though alot in her life, from her adoption to where she is now, has been along hard road. she's kept her head held high and did what she had too. she gave my sister up for adoption when she was born, and did everything she could for me and my brothers. my mother is my hero and she's the strongest, most powerful woman i know of.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:11 pm
Joan of Arc, definitly.

She was born in France, and at a young age (seventeen, if my memory serves), she was contacted by Saints. During this time, now, France was at war with England, the Hundred Years War. Joan would grow up to be a very powerful woman. She made her way all the way to the rightful ruler of France, and promised him three things: To rid the city of New Orleans (a major city back then) of its English occupation, to place him on his rightful throne (it was being occupied by a Danish monarch, I believe, at the time, who held it for England), and to drive the English completely out of France.

She was placed in charge of an small army (unheard of for a woman to do) and they soon took back New Orleans. Later, she placed their ruler on the throne. But, just before she could fufill her last promise, she was captured by the English. They put her on trial, called her a witch for speaking with the Saints and God. They asked her hard questions, tried to confuse her. But Joan was smart. Her story never strayed and she even had some witty remarks for them.

But, what gets my blood boiling is that she was held for ransom. It was steep, but the people begged their king to pay. Joan was a hero, and loved by all. With her, they'd win the war.

And he did nothing.

He refused to pay the fine, even after all Joan had done for him! Apparently, since she'd been captured, she was no longer in the grace of God, so the King wanted nothing to do with her.

At age nineteen, Joan of Arc was burned at the stake. She asked for a cross, which a kind English soldier supplied her by tying together some of the kindling at her feet. As she burned, she screamed out "Jesus! Jesus!" Many of the gathered crowd could not stand to watch.

After her death, France raged back at the English, and drove them completely out of France. They one the war, and the last of Joan's promises was complete.  

miss reku

Dangerous Lover

8,050 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200

Darkswiftmist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:09 pm
sacagawa ( spelling?)

She lead her tribe and met up with lewis and clark

I also think of ancient egypt- like cleopatria
she was a powerful leader

and Princess diana who died in a car accident. she was very influential  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:39 pm
I'd have to say, my mom. I think my mom is a powerful woman because of her bravery to make it through a single day. She has a chronic disease that is not very well recognized. Her disease causes her a great deal more pain than a healthy woman. A single touch to her on a bad day hurts her more than it should. So she has to deal with this pain alongside my family. My family is not "normal" even though in reality there is no such thing as a "normal" or "perfect" family. My sister and I alone are more than a handful for any parent, and my dad is almost as bad. My mom tries too hard to help others more than herself. In my mind, my mom is the strongest person I know. She truly is my hero.

(I know it sounds kind of like radicaledward124's post but it's true!)  

Nyaneki

Sugary Lover

7,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Kanoka Uchiha

4,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:13 am
I so get what u two are sayin about ur moms. My mom is sooo impotant to me. We would be dead without eachother. Ive been takein care of her since i was a few months old  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:54 pm
vampires_cant_be_tamed20
i think that rosa parks, is a powerful female cause she started the civil rights movement, cause she didnt want to give up her seat when she was on the bus. and back then it took guts to stand up for yourself, or for anybody else for that matter. if she hasnt already passed away then she is the best, and i say thank you, (im not black but if i was in her spot i would have done the same thing weither or not i got myself killed for it.) but if she has then i would like to say THANK YOU AND YOU WILL BE MISSED!!!

i think so too and plus she let everyone be themselves and be treated the same  

momo Maximus

Romantic Lover

3,500 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Hygienic 200

Skullmizer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:20 am
Huh... I don't like my mother. She's an alcoholic, and she uses some drugs, too.
I have two older sisters, and they don't even talk to her.

Anyway, Powerful female.

Seven of Nine. Tertiary adjunct of unimatrix 01.
She was connected linked to the Borg collective for 18 years, and even though many people who were assimilated in the past have trouble being alone after being liberated, she's very independent.
She's never afraid to speak her mind, or point out someone's faults. She always Strives for Borg perfection.

She's just... really cool, and powerful too.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:33 pm
Skullmizer
Huh... I don't like my mother. She's an alcoholic, and she uses some drugs, too.
I have two older sisters, and they don't even talk to her.

Anyway, Powerful female.

Seven of Nine. Tertiary adjunct of unimatrix 01.
She was connected linked to the Borg collective for 18 years, and even though many people who were assimilated in the past have trouble being alone after being liberated, she's very independent.
She's never afraid to speak her mind, or point out someone's faults. She always Strives for Borg perfection.

She's just... really cool, and powerful too.

My mom all on her own quit everything. she just smokes now. But to change you have to be willing. she almost got a kidney disease. it made her wanna stop and shes happier and healthier  

Kanoka Uchiha

4,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
The Main Floor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items