Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Personal Issues [LOCKED]
Is Suicide The Answer? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think it is?
  Yes.
  No.
  IDK/IDC
View Results

XxBlack_FlashxX

Shirtless Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:16 pm
A lot of people I know, including myself, are highly suicidal. Everyone has there own reasons and opinions and I was curious to see what others thought about it.

To me: Suicide seems like the only option left. I truly see no point in living anymore since all I do is cause harm. Some say otherwise but I see a totally different story. There are plenty of other things that contribute to my suicidal state of mind but that is the main thing.

I basically decided to make this thread on behalf of boredom. On the other side I thought it'd be good to see others opinions about suicide(This includes self harm such as cutting, burning, erasing, etc.). So feel free to say anything you'd like regarding the topic!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:24 pm
Don't do it, I'd hate to see you go. Also, I know how you feel, cause that's what I felt like a couple years ago, then I met a few good friends and it was like "Holy s**t, what the crap was I thinking?"  

Firu Shinra

6,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:26 pm
How much do you want to bet they person that voted 'yes' was OSU?

And Alex, we've gone over this talk a million times. You know my answer.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:27 pm
I don't even know you and I can tell you with the utmost of certainty that you are a valuable human being. Suicide helps nothing, no one, and won't do anything more than cause mroe harm, pain, and sadness. Suicide is the way people who want to give up. But giving up is not the way. Be strong man. Fight to make your situation better! If you do only harm to others, then go buy a damn big box of band aids and some gauze. If everyone makes you feel that way then maybe you aren't the only problem. Don't feel like your the only person who goes through these motions. I personally have issues in my life just the same as you. But you can't give up. If you have to cry then cry. Scream if you need to. But suicide isn't the right way... sorry if it feels like I'm intruding or anything... but I have a thing against suicide and I try to help all who I can.  

___youwillknownihilism
Captain

Sorgaren
Vice Captain

Enduring Receiver

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:28 pm
I can see pretty clearly where you're coming from. If I'm not mistaken, you've taken it upon yourself to try and help people, only to find that you harm them as a result.

This, however, is not a reason for suicide. You merely have a different niche to fill. Think of it like an ecosystem. Every animal has its own little crevice to fill; it's own little niche. If two animals try to fill the same niche, conflicts erupt, which is what I believe you're experiencing now. From seventh to ninth grade I had the same problem; I was trying to be the one who stepped into everything, the big-show, the spotlight. Until I realized it wasn't for me, I lived miserably, and had quite a lot of the same thoughts you have now.

Take the ecology comparison into your life. If you're in the same niche with someone else, whether it be the 'Super nice' type or the 'Aggressive Hothead' type, if you're in the same niche with someone else, there WILL be conflict, and you WILL be miserable until you find the piece of the puzzle where you fit in. Once you find that space where it all fits together, everyone can see the full you, and they can see the part you play in the whole puzzle to make it something words can't describe.

And if I just completely skewered the concept you were aiming at here, well turn me over and ******** me sideways. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:37 pm
Don't do it, it is never the answer. Talk to some and get some medication, it helps a lot. I have family members that are and I even had a distant relative do it, she tried to burn herself, someone found her and saved her and she lived for three months in total disrepair and pain. It affects more than just you, think wider picture.  

Irish-Sama

Official Sasuke Uchiha

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:39 pm
do what is best for you, dont let other people hold you back. If you truely want to die then suicide is right but, if you are just in a tight spot dont be overly drastic or stupid.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:42 pm
Hmph..It's never the answer..The cowards way out truly..there is obviously problems or a situation your trying to avoid..face it head on..endure..that's how thoughts like suicide are lost in my sub conscious.  

xX_Dizzle_Da_Wise_Xx

XxBlack_FlashxX

Shirtless Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:45 pm
@Firu: It seems like I found that group of friends and completely turned them around. It feels like every little thing I do, no matter if I think it to be right, always turns out for the the worse. Everything I do either hurts on person or another in a certain way.

@Shane: I know..

@Six: No you're not. This discussion is an open one. And coming from someone I haven't talked to til now, let alone RPed with or any of the sort, it means a lot. I'm not going to lie: I cry and scream when I have to. It's perfectly human. It's just sometimes I do feel like giving up. I do feel like taking the cowards way out.

@Muffin: I felt like that many times before but not only is it purely trying to just help. Or conflicting with someone like me. Sometimes its just doing something in order to make up for someone I've hurt or doing something nice just for the hell of it only to find that it just made things worse.

@Irish: Medication...not for me. It's not like I'm some looney... It's just that I feel everyone else is better off without me sometimes. I just found out the other day my mother was on anti-depressants.. And for some reason I felt bad about it. Like I wasn't doing the best job I could be as her first and eldest son. The one that should be helping her out with everything since my father isn't around.

@OSU: Not as much as in a tight spot... Just waaaay to many concepts going on at once. Too much to handle. And its not like little, tiny things either.

@Dizz: Some how I knew you'd say something like that..

And this is why I love Gaia. You don't have to know the person IRL. For some reason mostly everyone cares about everyone on here. It's like I get on and I get away from everything going on but as soon as I log everything comes back and hits me like a fray train. And its friend like Dizz and Shane that make me forget everything else and just have a good time for a good eight hours before reality hits again.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:54 pm
This may come out as wierd, but I feel taht way too, except the way I deal with it is just different. Reality takes a backseat to my sub concious' view of the world. Problems in my eyes are just enemies to be killed, and then absorbed as lessons and experience. ((and then on my bday i level up... jk)) Don't let what's right in front of you determine what EVERYTHING actualy IS. You can't go through life depending on reality and logic all the time. Sometimes it's okay to just be a little outside the box. I say that to say that in your world and mines, who ever is watching, or whatever is influencing, or what ever makes us do what we do WANTS us to go through trials. It's how you tell who the strong are. Not by achievement. Not by glory, but how hard they had to struggle to get there. You never hear a story about people born into pure raw awesomeness who never had to work but still came out on top. They are the ones who are just fine with being an obstacle in YOUR way. They give you trials not to make you worse even if thats how they come off. They are out there to make you bettter, stronger, but how do you get to that point if suicide wins first? As our first convo, I want you to stay around so I can get closer to you. Stick around so I can become your friend. God I'm over here glassy eyed and turning red... time to click submit...  

___youwillknownihilism
Captain

Official Sasuke Uchiha

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:03 pm
xXlildizzle1516Xx
Hmph..It's never the answer..The cowards way out truly..there is obviously problems or a situation your trying to avoid..face it head on..endure..that's how thoughts like suicide are lost in my sub conscious.
suicide is not cowardice, it takes alot of guts to pull a trigger, jump from a building etc.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:09 pm
@Six: It does not sound weird at all because that's exactly how my mindset is... or was. I used to thing as everything as an obstacle. Like life was one big obstacle course. Full of treacherous things. Just like a game or something... But one day it hit me. Why bother trying to get to the next level if you're never going to reach the top.. Why bother trying to reach that awesome if you know that you're never going to making it there... If you know you're too weak to.. Would it just be to see how far you got? Because if it was then there would just be no point to it. Ever since that hit me I've sort of stop surpassing these obstacles and letting myself succumb to them. It feels like I'll never reach the top. Like I'm not strong enough to finish the game called life. So why not give up half way like some game you put down for years because you couldn't get past that one level?  

XxBlack_FlashxX

Shirtless Werewolf

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:20 pm
Suicide is simply not worth it for me. My life is FAR too fun, meaningful, and awesome for me to take it from myself.

I love life, but I acknowledge death could happen at any moment. Suicide is simply not an option for me unless the world is ending and I have no choice left whatsoever.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:23 pm
dont do it alex, we lubs juu  

Official Sasuke Uchiha

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:25 pm
XxBlack_FlashxX
@Six: It does not sound weird at all because that's exactly how my mindset is... or was. I used to thing as everything as an obstacle. Like life was one big obstacle course. Full of treacherous things. Just like a game or something... But one day it hit me. Why bother trying to get to the next level if you're never going to reach the top.. Why bother trying to reach that awesome if you know that you're never going to making it there... If you know you're too weak to.. Would it just be to see how far you got? Because if it was then there would just be no point to it. Ever since that hit me I've sort of stop surpassing these obstacles and letting myself succumb to them. It feels like I'll never reach the top. Like I'm not strong enough to finish the game called life. So why not give up half way like some game you put down for years because you couldn't get past that one level?

Alex, you'll eventually get past the level

When I became 18, I beat the game yo.

IT'S THE AGE OF FREEDOM  
Personal Issues [LOCKED]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out