Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
The Best/worst of 2010

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:45 pm
I always do this on my own blog, where I list the things I liked the most and the least about the previous year, in everything from music to movies to events to politics.

But then again, no one reads my blog anymore it seems. sweatdrop

So, let's start this here. I'll throw in catagories and ideas. Feel free to give me your own ideas.

Best Music
Muse - Undisclosed Desires biggrin
If you guys say otherwise that this isn't the awesomest song everrrrrrr, I pinch u.
All That Remains - Hold On
Black Label Society - Parade of the Dead
Alter Bridge - Isolation
I would say the new Disturbed album but seriously, even as a fan of them I thought this album was their weakest. :/

Dimmu Borgir - Abrahadabra (album) [00shoe]

Best New Band
Skillet biggrin At least it's a band I never had heard of a year ago and put out 3 hit songs this year, that's pretty good to me.

Best Movies
Kickass, totally at the top.
Iron Man 2
Toy Story 3
Scott Pilgrim

Inception (I have not seen this!!!) [GhostPancakes]

Most Awesome Events
The miners freed from under the mountain
Antimatter created [Lazurkri]
Wikileaks? [00shoe]
Olympics? What olympics? Oh, right, there was some sort of sporting event in Canada earlier this year. I had almost forgot. [Lazurkri]

Worst Events
The oil spill sad
Haiti. An earthquake, hurricane, cholera. I feel bad for all these people.
The election, if you're liberal leaning like I am. I feel people bought too much into the hate and retoric and voted based on passion and not intellect.
Getting feeled up at the airport, although I never had to travel this year, thankfully.

Worst things to come out of 2010
The Vuvuzuela. A trumpet that can only sound one horrendous note and is good for only one thing: Driving your friends INSANE. Let's forget this ever existed.

Best thing to come out of 2010
Not iPads I hope. Next up, iTampons! (bad joke)
Double Rainbows! Almost a triple rainbow!!!
Bed Intruders. You better hide yo kids, hide yo wife, and hide yo husband. There's a rapist in Linkin Park.

Best new games
Starcraft 2. =D
Mass Effect 2, Halo Reach, Black Ops, RDR, Alan Wake, Bioshock 2 [Lazurkri]  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:45 pm
Hmm thinking up the best and worst of the entire year... a difficult task. So many good things and thankfully not to many bad things.

Best Music:
This is actually something that I am not too sure about, my favourite band of all time released a new album this year - I am tempted to put it as my favourite album of the year but it just did not live up to my expectations; thus I am going to put my fav album as Abrahadabra by Dimmu Borgir. You were close Sitra Ahra, just didn't quite make it.

Best New Band:
Well I don't really like brand new bands, for me they have to have experience to be listened to.

Best Movies:
I saw A LOT of movies this year, to pick one or two out would be too hard. Skipping this.

Notable events:
Wikileaks. I think this definitely shows the negative trend that world governments are taking.  

00Shoe
Captain

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:17 am
ooo, events of 2010. okay, here goes.

Music: Won't comment on music, as my tastes are too diverse to pick a favorite for this year.

Notable Events:
The BP oil leak. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet.

Vancouver Olympics are held. Since I live in B.C, I got to go to and see them in person.

Earthquake devastates Haiti and the Caribbean. It killed over 250,000 people, and the countries affected are still badly damaged.

Movies; I watched few movies. I watch more T.V. So, saying nothing about what I think the best movies of 2010 are/were

Video Games: I play more Video games, so more stuff about the games of 2010.

Mass Effect 2: Awe inspiring game. Highlight of the Xbox 360console (suck it PS3 Fans; you had to wait a year for it to be ported to your system. Haha, hahaha, haha, ha, ha. 360 owns PS3 in better games department suckers!) and a overall beautiful series. cannot praise it enough. Eagerly looking forward to ME3.

Halo:Reach: while not quite as awesome as Halo:3 was, Reach still deserves a mention, for being the most interesting Halo yet, although it could have been better. But, hey, I'm still playing it more than Black Ops so its gotta be good right? And it got great reviews, so that shows ya that Bungies final Halo is a good on.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops; I feel this also deserves a mention, because finally a COD game that people new to the COD series can play without being slaughtered by level 50 of max level guys, and so far, few hackers. Finally, a COD I can play without wanting to toss my controller through my T.V.

Red Dead Redemption: This game snuck onto my radar at the VGA, but after playing it, I have to agree that it is one of the best games of 2010; great plot, great world, and fun as hell, especially considering that it is made by the same guys who gave us the GTA series of games.

Alan Wake: Not much into this sorta game, but from what I've seen and heard, this is the best horror game of 2010.

Bioshock 2: Everyone's favorite dystopian city Rapture was back, and it was just as fun as the first. this game kept me engrossed for over 20 hours for my first playthrough, and I enjoyed the multiplayer as well.

Important Science Events
CERN in Switzerland manages to create and capture Antimatter for the first time ever; Antimatter, if production and storage is perfected, could potentially replace oil as the primary power source of main, aside from fusion or fission power.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:30 pm
Music- I'm not sure about new music, but in the past year I've gone from just liking metal to loving all kinds of music.

New band- Again, I'm not too sure about new bands.

Movies- I haven't watched many movies this year, I liked Inception though and Tron Legacy looks pretty good.

Good events- There weren't many good worldwide events, seeing as most of them were just the silver linings of big black clouds.

Worst events- The previously stated clouds. Specifically, the oil spill, Haiti and various other disasters.

Worst things to come out of this year- More Call of Duty, ugh.

Best things to come out of this year- Vuvuzelas. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz etc
Although they weren't invented this year, they're pretty funny.

Also, I left highschool this year, now I'm in college.

Best new games- Just cause 2, Portal 2, Brink, TES V: Skyrim.
Kay, so most of those aren't actually out yet, but they were announced this year so it counts.  

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:32 pm
Lazurkri
Science Events
CERN in Switzerland manages to create and capture Antimatter for the first time ever; Antimatter, if production and storage is perfected, could potentially replace oil as the primary power source of main, aside from fusion or fission power.

They only created about 30 atoms of antimatter that lasted a thousandth of a second. In order for antimatter to even remotely become viable they have to have more than that. Even a miligram of material has billions or more of atoms. It will take a very long time before we can make enough antimatter for it to be a power source, and even the creating of it may take more energy than it creates. Plus there's the storage of it, which would require an air-tight vaccuum chamber with some sort of magnetic bottle, if one antimatter atom hit one particle of air or the walls of the container that atom would disappear, and there's a lot of atoms in air and in the container walls.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:40 pm
Psycho Lee
Lazurkri
Science Events

They only created about 30 atoms of antimatter that lasted a thousandth of a second. In order for antimatter to even remotely become viable they have to have more than that. Even a miligram of material has billions or more of atoms. It will take a very long time before we can make enough antimatter for it to be a power source, and even the creating of it may take more energy than it creates. Plus there's the storage of it, which would require an air-tight vaccuum chamber with some sort of magnetic bottle, if one antimatter atom hit one particle of air or the walls of the container that atom would disappear, and there's a lot of atoms in air and in the container walls.

Also, it's one step closer to having dark energy reactors like the Combine, and that didn't turn out too well in HL2. xD

Anyways. Now they know how to create it, they just have to figure out how to preserve it then the technology will move along much faster.  

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:53 pm
Ghost Pancakes
Music- I'm not sure about new music, but in the past year I've gone from just liking metal to loving all kinds of music.

New band- Again, I'm not too sure about new bands.

Movies- I haven't watched many movies this year, I liked Inception though and Tron Legacy looks pretty good.

Good events- There weren't many good worldwide events, seeing as most of them were just the silver linings of big black clouds.

Worst events- The previously stated clouds. Specifically, the oil spill, Haiti and various other disasters.

Worst things to come out of this year- More Call of Duty, ugh.

Best things to come out of this year- Vuvuzelas. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz etc
Although they weren't invented this year, they're pretty funny.

Also, I left highschool this year, now I'm in college.

Best new games- Just cause 2, Portal 2, Brink, TES V: Skyrim.
Kay, so most of those aren't actually out yet, but they were announced this year so it counts.

*bonks you over the head with a vuvuvuvwhatever* no! no. Let them die.

and those video games don't count if they're not coming out this year, you can't rank how awesome a video game is unless you've played it.

I haven't seen inception or Tron yet. I'm waiting to see Tron in 3D.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:09 pm
Lazurkri
Vancouver Olympics are held. Since I live in B.C, I got to go to and see them in person.

How could I have forgotten this. Two weeks straight of 24/7 honking and cheering outside my condo :p  

00Shoe
Captain

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:18 pm
and beer! so much beer for the olympics! yayz!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:07 pm
Huge scientific advancements?

- The discovery of Arsenic-based lifeforms on Mars, instead of the expected Carbon-based lifeforms. This means that life could possibly be VERY common in space because organisms adapt to being based of different elemental structures.

- SpaceX, a privately owned company, developed their own space rocket (Falcon 9), and launched themselves legally into orbit, becoming the first non-government funded organization to do so. Average Joe in space.

Also, Fallout: New Vegas for games.

And there's Harry Pottah.  

LordStripeyTail

Quotable Smoker

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Chance Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:39 pm
The best thing about 2010 was that no 13th Zodiac was there. It all went to hell with that new Zodiac they are adding now in this new year of 2011. The new yea has brought snow, a little toooo much snow so far.  
HighTail Cafe

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games