Reply 'Tendo Cult~
R4 emulating Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Foxx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:45 pm
Does anyone know how to emulate a 286, 386, or 486? If you don't know what these are, these are old processors for old computers. And for why, it's b/c i found a program for the Ds that will emulate DOS, and most of the games are protected by IBM b/c the ds obviously doesn't have one of these processors. Is it even possible?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Xilo The Odd

Sir Foxx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:55 pm
? what does that mean?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Xilo The Odd

Sir Foxx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:13 pm
that is not hacking....Who ever said it had to be hacking in the first place? all i wanted to know if there is a way to EMULATE it, NOT HACK the R4DS or the ds itself.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:17 pm
Why are you looking to emulate DOS on your DS?  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Sir Foxx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:23 pm
i happened to come across the program for it and was curious to see what it was.... i got a few basic games to work on there, but some of the more "advance" games dont work either b/c of the processor or graphics. Plus some of the games out there are really kidish as I am 15 yrs old....so i am looking for other ways to entertain myself with my ds...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:45 pm
15? shouldn't you be lookin at pronz? i know i did at that age. as for anything related to dos emulation, dos box is my only answer, you get dosbox to run on you R4 and you'll be set. weather it works or not doesn't matter to me, i don't use my DS for things it wasn't intended for.  

Xilo The Odd

Sir Foxx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:06 pm
If someone tells me how to port, i would, but i cant...I have an emulator called DSX86, and for it to work, you have to install 4dos, a program very similar to dos...my question is if you can somehow emulate processors, which it should...it has a 67 Mhz, which is alot faster than what they had back then...and to say my other form of "entertainment" is my xbox 360, which loves to get the RROD, so my forms of "entertainment" is very limited.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:16 pm
you said rod.

and yes emulating the processor for certain systems like a console system and such are possible, i've never seen someone so willing to emulate DOS on a handheld, there probably isn't anything for it cause only about 10 people want to and only 1 person is trying to make it work.  

Xilo The Odd

Sir Foxx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:19 pm
i just found out that it can emulate an 80286 processor, MCGA 320x200 screen and SoundBlaster audio. Not the best in the world, but it will have to do for now.... but does anyone know how to port stuff?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:32 pm
try the R4 forums if they have em. THEY would prolly know more.

and technically discussion of emulation of anything on gaia is against the ToS to my knowledge. one reason i'm not giving many answers, the other is cause i had an R4 it was broke on delivery, they wouldn't give me my money back. so i pissed on it and shipped it back anyway.  

Xilo The Odd

Sir Foxx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm
I asked the Gaia online forum, and they said:

"Is emulator discussion allowed? Emulator discussion is allowed. Asking for ROMs/ISOs/bios or emulators or posting links to download ROMs/ISOs/bios or emulators is not. Requesting assistance with emulation is not considered discussion and will be removed." Anyways, i found dosbox for the ds, but it just rather sucks...You cant read the top screen and you dont have a keyboard either. I guess dsx86 will have to do for now...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:05 pm
Yeah, emulation discussion isn't banned, because it has legitimate uses, such as homebrewing, but Asking for ROMs is expressly forbidden.

JEEZ, XILO. YOU THINK I'M NOT ON TOP OF MY GAME?  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:25 pm
Sir Foxx
I asked the Gaia online forum, and they said:

"Is emulator discussion allowed? Emulator discussion is allowed. Asking for ROMs/ISOs/bios or emulators or posting links to download ROMs/ISOs/bios or emulators is not. Requesting assistance with emulation is not considered discussion and will be removed." Anyways, i found dosbox for the ds, but it just rather sucks...You cant read the top screen and you dont have a keyboard either. I guess dsx86 will have to do for now...
not on top of your game kegan? either way it doesn't matter, and i learned dosbox does work on DS. useful fun fact. it doens't work well? another useful fun fact.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff