Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SUREE DEE ESSU
  SOO GO EE!!! SOO GO EE!!!
View Results

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:45 pm
Over in Japan, starting yesterday, Nintendo Wold 2011 started off with a BANG.

The 3DS is looking AMAZING. Here's a little summary of revelations made yesterday.

Sakurai gives 5 minute live gameplay demo of Kid Icarus uprising. It was live, but when I find the video I'll post it here. The game looks very pretty, even when blown up 3 times with 3D processing turned on.

Lines to play Ocarina of Time were 2 hours long: Nintendogs+Cats 20 minutes.

Ocarina of time 3D adds a new Camera mode, where you can look around the game by holding the 3DS like a camera.(Kinda like AR.)

More to come as I remember it.

Live streaming starts again tonight: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nintendo-world-2011

http://tinycartridge.com/post/2652567814/nintendo-3ds-screenshots-ocarina-of-time-3d

Live Stream Day 1: No subs yet
Snake Eater 3D (Don't know who this guy is, but there is no new gameplay.
Kid Icarus: Uprising Gameplay doesn't start until about halfway through.
Nintendo Music LIVE~!
Expect day 2's live steam to start at or around 10:30 EST  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:51 pm
neat i like the idea of moving the system to move the camera, sounds cool right now but i'm sure most others will hate it later.

i wanna see em make something where you can make your whole house a level in a game of some kind.  

Xilo The Odd

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:01 pm
Xilo The Odd
neat i like the idea of moving the system to move the camera, sounds cool right now but i'm sure most others will hate it later.

i wanna see em make something where you can make your whole house a level in a game of some kind.
Like I said, it's a mode. Likely just a feature. They might build some new challenges around it, but it doesn't seem like it's the main camera control at the moment.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:23 pm
ah. i wonder if it will have a motion plus accessory lol, soooooo many wii games used it.  

Xilo The Odd

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:15 pm
I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't need one. I'm not sure if they already have the accelerometers in there, or if they're augmenting sixaxis with the 3D camera. Either way, they seem to be capable of the same degree of control.

I could be mistaken, though.

Anyway, motion+ is pretty solid. Even if it's not a huge scale success, the game which did employ it made it work. Even if their releases were timed incredibly poorly(I'm lookin' at you Red Steel 2) It's probably gonna see more use after Zelda.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:21 pm
I don't know if I'd ever want to wait that long for a five minute demo. :/

I guess it's the same thing as waiting for a ride at a theme park, though.  

Orphie

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:28 pm
I'm told that the demo was three different save files. One for walking around Kokiri forest, another for inside great Deku Tree, and a third for Gohma.

They really didn't add a lot of detail to the look of the game, and I get that that is probably to preserve the classic, but it's not really showing what the system can do. There need to be more moving parts and stuff like that.

I think that maybe they're being a little too conservative with recreating a 14 year old style, but maybe I'll feel differently when I play. I mean, hey, it's Zelda.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:32 pm
It's a little inconsistent right now. King Dodongo looks amazing. Gohma's still kinda meh. I like what I see overall.  

Waynebrizzle

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:37 pm
the gohma i liked was the one in windwaker.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:09 pm
The ustream came back online 5 minutes ago for some reason.

They might just start showing the celebrities reacting to the 3DS like they did for like an hour yesterday.

...Or they may just keep showing this scrolling moonspeak.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:19 pm
AR demonstration going on right now.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:35 pm
jill you sure have a great body

OH MY GOD, ARE THOSE HANDS? *barf*  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:40 am
Capcom chose to either put more polygons in either her hands or her a**. Guess which one they went with.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:06 am
The awful texture makes them look like corpse hands.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:47 pm
Zelda 3DS off-screen footage: http://www.3dsbuzz.com/zelda-3ds-trailer/  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers