Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
An Interesting Thought...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think of multiple fursonas?
  They are separate people.
  It means you are a shape-shifter.
  It means you're too damn fickle.
  I only have one fursona, so I don't care.
  *shrugs* Can I have some gold?
View Results

Celtic zombie-kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:58 am
For those of us who have multiple fursonas...
Are we multiple people? Or are we simply shape-shifters with multiple aliases? O.O

My fursonas (in order from oldest to most recent)...
1. Mae Story - gothic black husky, originally was a were-dog
2. Sunshine Warner - reckless spotted hyena with "Marilyn Manson" eyes
3. Maple Lyric - green & blue dragonfly, born at band camp
4. Maple Spice - albino possum who eats, sleeps and breathes marching band
5. Rainshine - possibly Sunshine's alter ego, dainty feminine aardwolfess who loves too many males (last name yet to be determined... )

If you have multiples, please feel free to introduce them. =]  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:02 am
I would say it is either, on a case-by-case basis. I voted the Shape-Shifter option, because that seemed the closest option I felt summed it up, but to others it could be Multiples.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:04 am
Larka Transyl - Sexy, badass she-Wolf. Arctic wolf with purple tiger stripes over her black saddle pattern. X-shaped scar between her eyes from her bad past. Rebellious, but obedient to her Mate/Master.

Nomaki (disowned her surname) - Black red-striped WereTigress who ran away from home because her father, a blood thirsty tyrant, wanted her to follow in his footsteps. Timid, shy, and kind, she would never want to hurt anyone or anything, unless they attacked her or her friends first. Has a tiny silver Chinese Dragon companion.

Both are fallen members from high society, but they obviously have different personalities, yet both are completely me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:03 pm
heh... I'm again not one with ctual fursonas... though I suppose I have a similar case.

there is Twilight, the Cave-Nymph descendent.

the Spider, who is a Shapeshifter. I'm not quite sure which of two forms is his Natural Form, though he can take on many forms.

and Elizabeth Anne Weathers, or Liz for short. a Rune-casting Norse Pagan slave-girl. now cured of Vampirism, in an interesting turn of events. the RPing can be very interesting sometimes.

the first two of these personas are actual Identities of mine. I have a Split-Personality, to completely different people, all the way down to having sepperate Souls.

the last one is merely a role I play. I am tempted to allow her to become "real", but I dare not risk the consequences of doing that. I'm having a second-chance at a relationship with someone important to me, and I don't want to upset the relationship dynamic.

so I find it important to know the difference between a real Split, a real Shapeshifter, a pretend Split, and a pretend Shapeshifter. again I stress the case-by-case basis.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:20 pm
I believe it depends on the person who has made them.
I have a friend with three "fursonas" who switches between them depending on how he feels. They all represent him in some way, and it's not a shape-shifting thing.

I only have one fursona, but I have made multiple characters. However, they do not represent me so they are just characters of my own design to use for art and whatever.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:11 pm
Okay, in my case, I'd say...

Maple would be a shape-shifter, because it's actually the same personality, but I changed her species and last name. (actually I forgot she had a last name, so I made one up, and then I remembered the first one later.)

Mae, since she started off as a were, could be called a shape-shifter, even though as a human you can't really call that a "fursona".

Lately I've been toying with the idea that Rainshine might actually be a split-personality of Sunshine, since I sort of unconsciously "created" her to balance out my emotions when Sunshine's mate left us (yes, I do categorize my boyfriends under different alter-egos, and I do refer to all my alter egos together as "us"... get over it.) and they are both hyenas (although different hyena subspecies)... I call them sisters, and they are both my "Happiness Hyena", but they are almost the total opposite of each other.  

Celtic zombie-kitten

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:16 pm
ya know... my Slave, Holly, has recently changed from being a Cat to being a Wolf (or leastways a Canine of some type. she's leaning towards Wolf). I asked her who said she culdn't be both, and she felt certain that it was a complete transformation as opposed to an incession.

what would you call that, I wonder? it's neither a Shapeshifter, nor multiple Fursonas. it's a permanent change.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:21 pm
Umm... mental plastic surgery? xp

Actually, in a way, this has almost happened with all my fursonas. I started off saying I was a "werewolf" (ja, I know I'm a nut case.) and then I decided to make that "werewolf" me into a black husky fursona and make up an alias (Mae Story) Then over time I started getting confuzed as to what I was and morphed myself into a hyena-possom hybrid. Later, I realized I had multiple alter-egos (egoes? how do you spell that? lol) and so anyway, I split the two fursonas back apart and made them two separate characters again.
Then when "Rainshine" was born, I thought Sunshine had just changed her name, but then I started noticing a personality change, so I gave her a new species and decided to just call her a new fursona.

I see it as a sort of slinky/lava lamp type of thing going on. ("slinky" because it moves back and forth and the fursonas collapse into each other repeatedly, and "lava lamp" because they are constantly fusing together and splitting apart again in a neverending cycle.)

How badly do you think I need therapy? xp  

Celtic zombie-kitten

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:39 pm
I believe we all have different faces different sides to us inside the mind depending on mood. Also sometimes Fursonas or OC's of any kind show a small part of who we are. When we find that we have only covered one part then we create more.

Also too there is the fact that some people make Fursonas that emulate not who they are but what they wish they could be.

It's the minds eye and I believe people grow and change and so that is another reason to have multiple fursonas. In the end it's our need to have every part of us seen. In a way fursonas are a way for us to let our deeper desires out what ever they may be they are an alius a safe place to be ourselves as long as people who u know don't know about it.

They just cover the multitude of pieces of a human being. Think of it as a shattered piece of a mirror each piece unique and shiny but together you get a bigger picture a larger image of what a person is really like ^^

my 2 cents...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:24 am
I'd say that your getting enough Therapy with teh RPing. smile Creating/Developing Characters can be very Therapeutic itself, afterall.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Celtic zombie-kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:18 pm
Lusty101
Think of it as a shattered piece of a mirror each piece unique and shiny but together you get a bigger picture a larger image of what a person is really like ^^
Nice analogy. I like the way you think. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:37 pm
I think it really depends on the furs motive and personality, we can't do nothing about that.  

Kashinami-chan

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:27 pm
Celtic zombie-kitten
Lusty101
Think of it as a shattered piece of a mirror each piece unique and shiny but together you get a bigger picture a larger image of what a person is really like ^^
Nice analogy. I like the way you think. 3nodding

Ty i come up with some pretty awesome analogies sometimes xD  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:55 am
User Image

I second that Lusty, nicely put.

I have only two.
With the Rp I've been through I'm surprised I don't have more.

Alice the Black cat, lewd and sadistic with piercing yellow eyes with a fake smile.
Dawn the Wolf, a solitary, untamed widow with a vengeance for her losses. A light and dark Grey coat with blue eyes and a fiery grip in magic.

The Corrupted Renamon
Crew

HighTail Cafe

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces