Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Art Share
Quality, Hand drawn art by Hashie

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hashire-Greywolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:00 pm
I do take commissions...:

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:37 pm
If I could offer some critique...
Your drawing skills aren't bad, but the way you do your color needs some work. All of your CG pieces have that pixelated white edges I call "paint bucket lines" This is not a desired effect in the art community and really detracts from a piece
If you want to start really doing CG, I recommend getting inkscape, which is perfect for digitally inking your sketches and giving nice clean lines that you can export and color with ease.
Also, when you are coloring, don't color on the lineart; instead, make a layer behind the lineart and color like a coloring book. If you want to keep the sketchy look and keep the color at the same time, make the layer over the lineart and set its blending style to multiply.  

Alxscrvs

7,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

Kage-Taisen Twilight
Crew

Desirable Rogue

10,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:44 pm
The work you do so far is very detailed and commendable for your tools. A Tablet would make one heck of an improvement.

I'd sure like for some art of my avi though pricing would be an issue since I don't use GC only GG. Side note
(Who told you Alexx that you could wear the same trench coat I do XD)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:41 am
Your artwork is not that bad, but I agree with the paint bucket lines...small tiny infractions but 4/5 all together.

Ill be happy to purchase, PM me when you get the chance.  

Kashinami-chan

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:18 pm
One quick suggestion I'm not sure which program you use to do your coloring I do love it btw but there's this white edge between the color and the black lines... I'm not sure I like it. When using any of the selection tools try unclicking anitialize I know I didn't figure it out until later and on some of your larger pictures it isn't as obvious but for some of the others its very distracting. I would also love some art from you if you wouldn't mind ^^

A purple fox with 3 tails blue socks on each foot blue tips on each tail and blue tips on the ear and muzzle.

She can be in any position but she needs to look cute ty and I will pay ^^ say 15-20k ^^

Btw are you using gimp? Because I use gimp smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:58 pm
I am aware of the speckles...and I'm working on making them go away...theyve gotten alot better through practice...its alot harder when using black though. Thats why i preffer to draw and color everything by hand...no digital coloring :/ but I gotta do what my commissioner requests  

Hashire-Greywolf

Hashire-Greywolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:00 pm
Lusty101
One quick suggestion I'm not sure which program you use to do your coloring I do love it btw but there's this white edge between the color and the black lines... I'm not sure I like it. When using any of the selection tools try unclicking anitialize I know I didn't figure it out until later and on some of your larger pictures it isn't as obvious but for some of the others its very distracting. I would also love some art from you if you wouldn't mind ^^

A purple fox with 3 tails blue socks on each foot blue tips on each tail and blue tips on the ear and muzzle.

She can be in any position but she needs to look cute ty and I will pay ^^ say 15-20k ^^

Btw are you using gimp? Because I use gimp smile

I have my own prices that I go by...for something like that I would charge the following:
35k black and white
40k colored

I charge so high because everything is drawn by hand...I dont do digital sketching...just coloring  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:19 pm
that's very interesting what colors do you use??? I could never get colored pencil to be bright enough or do what i wanted I use fairly generic colored pencils what do u use to color it the colors flow so nicely... maybe pastels?  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Art Share

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items