Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
We now officially have 42 members!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

circuit sparks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:54 pm
Yes, just a little announcement to say that our guild has reached the wondrous amount of 42 members. heart

That is all.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:51 pm

Oh happy day! *throws confetti on the ground*

Oh yes, and by the way, you may ban "the late Sethkame" if you like, I won't be using that account anymore... *shrug*

Ghost Chef

Yuki-Onna Reed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:49 pm
eek But... but then we'd only have 41!

...and then we can have ANOTHER party when we get 42 members AGAIN! blaugh Why not when the guild was founded in the name of a five-book trilogy. wink

Anyway, Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters all 'round...

(42 members? Great! Can't wait til we have 42 posting members. sweatdrop We should have a special thread set aside for people to make their 42nd guild post in... just watch your post count in the members list, and when you're on 41, go to the thread and post "42!" for the next. mrgreen )  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:43 am
Lord Salem

Oh happy day! *throws confetti on the ground*

Oh yes, and by the way, you may ban "the late Sethkame" if you like, I won't be using that account anymore... *shrug*

OK I'm off to do that now.. (since someone else joined and when I do it we'll be back to 42 xd )  

circuit sparks

Celdia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:17 am
...so do we close down applications now for membership so we don't spoil the 42?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:23 am
Celdia
...so do we close down applications now for membership so we don't spoil the 42?

xd Hmmm..

Nah, we'll just shoot for another 42. There's no such thing as 84 now here. It's just multiple 42's.  

circuit sparks

cant_delete_accounts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:15 pm
Tallest Red
Celdia

xd Hmmm..

Nah, we'll just shoot for another 42. There's no such thing as 84 now here. It's just multiple 42's.

43= 1 and 1/42nd 42's!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:11 pm
Just wait until the movie comes out, we're going to recieve a flood of members... O_O  

Ghost Chef

Yuki-Onna Reed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:15 pm
Lord Salem
Just wait until the movie comes out, we're going to recieve a flood of members... O_O

Hells yeah! blaugh

And then they'll be confused by the fact that there's more, and be like, "Five book trilogy? That's stupid!", and won't know Ford has ginger hair, and will be like, "DNA? Who's that?" and accuse us of elitism and acting like know-it-alls, and I don't know where we'll go from there, but it'll be in a handbasket. gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:29 pm
Spike_Theta
Lord Salem

Hells yeah! blaugh

And then they'll be confused by the fact that there's more, and be like, "Five book trilogy? That's stupid!", and won't know Ford has ginger hair, and will be like, "DNA? Who's that?" and accuse us of elitism and acting like know-it-alls, and I don't know where we'll go from there, but it'll be in a handbasket. gonk

I'll have to break out the Kill-O-Zaps at that point. xd

I'm already planning on possibly instating some sort of literacy rule. Since incomprehensible people can usually watch a movie and become a fan sooner than ..say..read a book..I'm fearing it might bring in people who speak like "OMGZ FORD PERFECT IN MEYE PANTZ LOLZPLZ" ..in that case I'll have to do what I do in my other guild, and deny membership to anyone who can't communicate in non-netspeak sorts of ways. I do take into consideration non-native English speakers and situations like that--I wouldn't deny someone for less-than-perfect English if it's not their native language. It's those who are just being lazy and using netspeak.. gonk  

circuit sparks

Celdia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:47 am
Tallest Red
Spike_Theta
Lord Salem

Hells yeah! blaugh

I'll have to break out the Kill-O-Zaps at that point. xd

I'm already planning on possibly instating some sort of literacy rule. Since incomprehensible people can usually watch a movie and become a fan sooner than ..say..read a book..I'm fearing it might bring in people who speak like "OMGZ FORD PERFECT IN MEYE PANTZ LOLZPLZ" ..in that case I'll have to do what I do in my other guild, and deny membership to anyone who can't communicate in non-netspeak sorts of ways. I do take into consideration non-native English speakers and situations like that--I wouldn't deny someone for less-than-perfect English if it's not their native language. It's those who are just being lazy and using netspeak.. gonk

So why don't the folk in power here simly deny Join requests from people who can't show at least a little dignity in their online grammar? Doesn't seem like it'd be that hard and we'll prolly be able to weed out the Frightening Ones from the Other Side (Also known as Foo's)

Spike_Theta
and I don't know where we'll go from there, but it'll be in a handbasket.

Reminded me of a little quote. "Mommy? Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?"  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:13 am
Random thought: Should we make the entry fee for the guild 42G? I think its a modest sum and its just one more little joke that true fans will appreciate.  

Celdia

Destruction Kitty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:21 am
Heck, I donated 42 gold as soon as I got accepted, anyway. xd

Also, I did hold off on joining for two days thanks to the 42-member thing... of course, by the time I checked again, I wound up being member 46, I think. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:33 am
Ayasugii
Heck, I donated 42 gold as soon as I got accepted, anyway. xd

Ditto. blaugh

Yes! 42 gold! Bwahaha! (though of course that'll be in the movie too, won't it?)  

Yuki-Onna Reed

Tinnumir

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:49 pm
Well, I've at least heard mention of Deep Thought, so I'd assume so. That was basically the whole reason behind building DT, wasn't it? To find the answer to the ultimate question to Life, the Universe, and Everything?  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games