Hackers Beware.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VHS Glitch
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:27 pm
Looks like Sony is taking the hacking business very seriously.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6294220.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:45 pm
I'm not sure which side I stand on this. I think I'm leaning more towards Sony's side. Some games have become unplayable.. like MW2. Not that I play it anymore anyways.  

XxCrimson_ShinobixX

Ruthless Hunter

14,475 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150

Derpy Chocobo

3,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:14 pm
I'm definitely on Sony's side. They needed to send the message that they're not staying quiet anymore. Sony's profits have been minuscule at best since the PS3 hit shelves. I feel for them because the PS3 (as we all know) is a phenomenal system that hit too early for developers and this caused a huge problem for Sony. I believe as of now Sony is only just beginning to break even with PS3-based income. This is a sad fact indeed. Being the die-hard Playstation fan I am I definitely want Sony to be able to stay afloat and someday bring us the next new-age video game console.

That said, hackers pose a serious issue for companies like Sony. Hackers, especially ones like George, bite massive holes into Sony's profits. To hack them and then give the codes to the general populous is to basically say, "******** you Sony." All Sony did was return the sentiment.

Not to mention hackers have made online games unplayable for non-hackers. It's absurd that you have to be suspicious of everyone and nearly everyone is hacking and making the game unfair and not fun for everyone. That's just not what gaming is about and I'm glad Sony made a stand.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:17 pm
XxCrimson_ShinobixX
I'm not sure which side I stand on this. I think I'm leaning more towards Sony's side. Some games have become unplayable.. like MW2. Not that I play it anymore anyways.

Well i disagree. A few days ago sony released a patch for hackers. Now the ps3 with their firmwire haked are banned.  

Kid Renegade

O.G. Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Nekromantlc
Crew

Friendly Fatcat

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Befriended 100