Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Character Profiles
Ϝuℓℓmetaℓ Αℓchemist • ЯeverϨaℓ • PROFILES

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yoko_Matsubishi

Original Heckler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:18 pm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:30 pm

Sahara (No last Name)

User Image

"Being pretty gets you places, but being Beautiful gets you anywhere."

I go by..
Hara, from time to time.
Is it that hard? I'm obviously...
Female
I've been living for years..
Sixteen
I'm just one page...
Homunculus; Vanity
I could sing forever..
Nothing on You // B.O.B ft. Bruno Mars
Dangerous // Kardinal Offishall ft. Akon

I might be special...
Transformation/ Shapeshifting (think Envy's formor power) and seduction of men.

Just the way I am...
Prefectly representing her sin in every sense of the word, it is easy to see, even without knowing Sahara for very long, that the young Houmunculus is her own biggest fan, more then ready to sing her praises and run the names of others through the mud. This stems both an intense confidence and a heavy love for cruelty towards others, giving Sahara the title of being what could almost be called a perfect example of a homunculus as she cares for nobody before herself and would not mind if the rest of society were to perish, leaving only herself to remain the most perfect and lovely being on the world's face. Sahara is heavilly, dangerously so, fixated on her personal appearance, and should even the slightest hair fall out of place her temper is known to be viciously short. However, while when in a rage she can become quite violent for the most part Sahara prefers not to fight, as she fears for her image at all times; though it is not uncommon to find her manipulating others with the very same circumstances to execute the dirty work in a fashion that cannot be traced back to her own person.

Do we have to Talk about this?
Sahara was once a girl by the name of Gaile Cress, and a member of the Ishballen community; together with her mother, father and older sister Nyla the four lived in a small house on the edge of Ishval territory, seemingly the perfect example of a family. However, all was not quite as wonderful as it seemed to be; for some time Gaile's father had been dipping his hands in the forbidden concept of alchemy, unknown to the entire family and especially Gaile's mother, a woman who had fully put her faith into the hands of Ishvara. But they all found out when he left, just up and vanished to Amestris without a second word. Angry and afraid, their mother began to abuse her children regularly, saying it was their faults that her husband had turned to the devil's work and strayed from the path of god. She prayed for months on end, until she reached a conclusion absent of sanity. "If I sacrifice one of you, the spawn of that horrible man, to Ishval, then surely I will be forgiven for losing sight of him and not heeding his warnings." Gaile was the one to die, and it was not until at least three years later that Nyla attempted the ultimate sin in hopes of bringing her back; for a breif moment as her soul and body attempted to reunite Gaile could have sworn to see her sister's face, but when she opened her hands to touch the girl she screamed and backed away. There was a flash of light, and in that instance, only Sahara remained.

For many years Sahara sought out a purpose for her now immortal life, until she returned to the community she had once been part of in her previous life. The young Homunculus was not aware of the connections, at least not in conscious, but regardless she did stay there. Sahara learned that though the Ishvallens feared her alchemic and ungodly creation, a great deal of them wanted the alchemists gone just as much as she did, and so with permission and a promise she left to Amestris, where she now lurks with the goal to destroy every man woman and child who cursed her with the life she has.

I will always love these...
• Anything expensive
• Money
• Sweet foods
• Large, open areas
• Handsome men

I will forever despise these...
• Pretty women
• Ugly men
• Cheap, poor people
• Being told what to do by others
• Getting dirty

It seems I've forgotten...
Sahara's Ouroboros mark is located on the top of her left foot.

( I'll let you have the strings... ) Yoko_Matsubishi

Yoko_Matsubishi

Original Heckler

Yoko_Matsubishi

Original Heckler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:24 pm

Nyla Riveri Cress

User Image

"No matter if of blood or water, rivers never stop flowing; they never give up. So neither will I."

I go by..
Just Nyla.
Is it that hard? I'm obviously...
Female
I've been living for years..
Twenty
I'm just one page...
State Alchemist; The Dune Dragon Alchemist
I could sing forever..
GoldenTime Lover // Sukima Switch
Hologram // NICO touches the walls
The Great Escape // BoysLikeGirls

Just the way I am...
While Nyla may be small in size, her loud and colorful personality makes up for that in big ways; forever one to take charge, Nyla is physically incapable of sitting still for more then a few minutes at a time and constantly requires someone or something to kepp her at full attention. This can make her, at times, seem like a flake especially during her evaluations, but if Nyla throws herself into something that does in fact require immense focus she can be up to the task if need be. Her virtual lack of a feminine side puts her at odds with many women if for no other reason then she has more of a home with the guys. Nyla is all about the competition, and has put herself into a number of dangerous situations without permission simply because she cannot stand to beleive in the words of another person; this dates back to her issues with her mother as a young girl, and preys off of her insecurities in the worse possible way because even if someone may be trying to help her, she cannot see the good in their intentions.

However, on a surface level she is incredibly easy to get along with and very lighthearted, more then ready to sit down with someone to give their problems a listen. This does not transpire to her end, though, as if someone brings up her personal life she shuts down completely. he truth is, she completely blames hereself for the fate of her sister, and feels that she could never attone for her sins no matter how hard she tries to do so. For the most part she only has major, deep seeded connections with her father these days, who she supports with her research grants, and has rejected most everything to do with her formor life in Ishbal to the point that should someone make assumptions about such things she becomes quite violent. Because even though she looks fragile, Nyla is not opposed to decking someone in the face.

Do we have to Talk about this?
Nyla was born in Ishbal to religious red eyed mother and a more adventurous father who did not share her mother's heritage or beliefs, becoming an older sister in just a few years to a small girl who shared her mother's appearance by the name of Gaile; on the surface their family was perfect and Nyla did not know any different for the better part of her life, but all of that changed when her father packed up and fled from Ishbal to Amestris. Nobody can be sure why, exactly, and even now Nyla does not understand why he left what the young girl though at the time was a happy, pleasant marriage, but Nyla's mother certainly had her own ways of coping. Day and night she prayed to her god in hopes of recieving some form of answer, some conclusion as to why her life had been torn apart the way it had. Months later, she had an answer; in order to atone for her sins of treading away from her god towards her deserter of a husband, a sacrifice was needed. Her mother never did tell Nyla that she had thrown her daughter to the lions, but it wasn't hard to figure out when after a week Gaile still had not come home. Horrified that her mother could do such a thing, at the age of fourteen Nyla took a page from her father's book and fled the country to Amestris as well; it took her months to locate the man who had given birth to her, but eventually she did so and the two began living together in a small one story house, where Nyla was taught the ways of alchemy, something she could relate to much more then god.

At the age of fifteen, one year later when her father had taken to leave the house to meet with a few friends at the local bar, Nyla decided that she would attempt to bring Gaile back to life as best she could; surely she was prepared. Surely she had the power and the love to bring her sister back to the world of the living, and then the three of the would be able to start over. It didn't go as planned; when Nyla saw the horror she had created immedaitly she attempted to undo her work, and in her fright the gate took advantage of her, demanding her right hand and leg as sacrifices for toying in the territory of immortals. Her father arrived home just in time to hear her scream, and immediatly rushed her away for medical treatment where she was rehabilitated with automail. Her father told Nyla that if she wanted to forget it would be alright to do so, but determined to attone for her discrepancies Nyla refused; she took and passed the state alchemist exam at the age of seventeen, and has been working ever since then.

I will always love these...
• Alchemy
• Smoking
• Her father
• Thinking about Gaile
• Warm weather

I will forever despise these...
• Her mother
• Religion
• People bringing up Gaile
• Cold Weather
• Stupidity

It seems I've forgotten...
Because her automail has stunted her growth, Nyla still appears to have childish features though in reality she is much older then she looks. She was given her state alchemist codename in part due to where she was raised, and in part to the fact that her primary weapon is a combination of sand and the properties of wind. Though Ishballen she doesn't look it, and so nobody is aware of her heritage.

( I'll let you have the strings... ) Yoko_Matsubishi
Character Profiles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff