Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Seen on Facebook

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:50 pm
User Image
"I love My God! He is so awesome! Praise Him!!! He is always on time!!!"

‎'"The goal of a pastor of worship is to accurately and thoroughly give voice to the theology that shapes the life and practices of the church, and the goal of the gathering is to give language and expression to the core values and theology of the church.' - Mike Cosper" (Why would anyone find this quotation interesting, anyway?)

I have another one screencapped somewhere, but I need to blur the names and faces.

What have you seen from your religious friends?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:29 pm
Pretty much stuff like that. Relationship: Married with Jesus, and other silly nonsense.  

Le Pere Duchesne

Beloved Prophet

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:16 pm
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

Yeah. Oh gosh, tooonnss of stuff from various people. It's mostly the older generation (aunts, uncles, family friends) who are extremely open about their love for JESUS! but occasionally I do see stuff from friends my age. They're just not as over-the-top or pushy about it.

The younger people generally just share religious videos, songs, or passages they like. The older people, on the other hand, often post status messages about how THEIR religion is the only way, how America is doomed because we're not Christian enough as a country, and crap like that.

Oh, lolol, one time someone posted a status message that went something like: I've lived for 5 decades. MY generation grew up saying 'under GOD' but you can't anymore without offending someone... [etcetc about history and why they were right because they're older than today's generation] All I could think was, "Really? If we're pulling rank here, my DAD'S generation grew up before 'under God' was even put in there. Sooo..."

Thankfully, they generally keep to their statuses with this stuff, so all I do is chuckle or roll my eyes and keep on scrolling. There was one time my aunt sent me a long message on facebook during a family crisis about how then was the best time to be with Jesus and some other, weirder stuff. I just thanked her for her concern and for the message, and she didn't seem to notice I didn't respond with YES I LOVE JESUS or anything. Even if I thought it was weird, I know she did it out of the kindness of her heart by sharing what gets her through troubled times, so I did appreciate the time she took to write it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:23 pm
Some cheesy love message about some dude followed by words like "God is great" that don't even fit in.

All day, everyday.  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:43 pm
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

Haaaaa.

So, someone with a ton of super religious friends posted about these tribes that have never had contact with the modern world. One of her friends posted this big thing about how it's dumb that we don't contact them because "why wouldn't they want things like lower mortality rates, electricity, longer lifespans etc. etc." and that if they knew about them they would feel "blessed by God". But then, the next sentence, she's badmouthing scientists and their "agendas".

So basically: scientific advances are awesome, but ******** YOU scientists! Because I guess we had nothing to do with any of those things she mentioned, it was all God.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:57 pm
User Image
For some reason it seems like it's usually the people my age (20-30) who do it the most. One guy posted this a few weeks ago:

To my evangelical Christians out there, don't worry if they reject the Word of God the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 50th time...they may harden their hearts now, but just remember: Everything has a melting point! Just pray that God turns up the heat!

Yeeeah, it was so hard not to reply. I can't stand that kind of arrogant, presumptuous attitude. I don't go around Facebook saying, "Christians are so dumb, but one day they'll come to their senses. Just keep harassing them with facts and they'll break eventually!" I can't fathom how they don't understand that this is the same thing they're doing.

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items