Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { After School Special } -----Character Plotting
✯ Roller Derby Club! ✯ Come apply to be beaten up!!! *0*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

matisha

Business Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:06 am
User Image

You want your student battered & bruised?

You want them weeping in to their pillows at night for not winning that match.

You want them to eat, breath and smell like roller skates?

Well my insane friend, you have come to the right place...

Welcome to the world of Roller derby! Please take a seat, read what I have planned and if you think your student has what it takes then post the application form! Once enough interest has accumulated will move this to the Club forum and get started on the action!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:08 am
User Image

The Game

Now the game of Roller derby is very simple, Your team is made up of;

1 x Jammer - Helmet - 2 stars
3 x Blockers - Helmet - No cover
1x Pivot/Jammer - Helmet - Stripes

So 5 people in all, but teams can have stand-bys just in case someone gets badly injured/knocked out (and trust me, it happens!)

You start out on a circuit track, on which players usually travel counter-clockwise. Two start lines are marked on the track: a jammer line, and 30 feet ahead of that, a pivot line. The pivots (2 players) stand behind the pivot line and all blockers(3 from each team) line up behind them in any order they choose. The pivots and blockers together are called the pack. The two jammers start behind the pack on the jammer line.

The pack moves counter-clockwise, during which time players can change position. All pivots/blockers must remain in the pack (i.e., no more than 20 feet in front of or behind the largest group containing blockers from both teams). When the last person in the pack has passed the pivot line, the referee blows the whistle again, signalling the jammers to take off!

A jam (aka round/match) is a 2-minute period during which the jammers attempt to score points. After passing the pack the first time, jammers earn one point each time they pass an opposing pivot/blocker. Pivot/blockers attempt to assist their jammer through and out of the pack while simultaneously stopping the opposing jammer from exiting the pack. If a pivot/blocker falls or otherwise becomes separated from the pack, she is out of play (i.e., cannot block or assist the jammers) until she rejoins the pack.At the end of each jam, there is a 30 second break, during which time teams may replace players or switch positions. Players then return to the starting lines and continue to play until the end of the period. Each game consists of two 30-minute periods.

The Rules

Winning: The winning team is obviously the team with the most points after time is up.

A pivot/Jammer: is someone who can become a jammer if the original jammer wants to swap with them. The original jammer becomes a blocker for the rest of the jam. This is a good strategy if you have a team built up of different skills.

Blocking: To impede the progress of the opposing team's jammer, players may block using body parts above the mid-thigh, excluding forearms, hands, and head. Elbows may not be used in blocking, and cannot be swung at other players or used to hook an opponent's or teammate's arm. If a player forces an opposing jammer out of bounds, the jammer re-enters behind the player.

Penalties: are given to skaters who skate or block illegally, engage in misconduct, and for other illegal procedures. Penalties can be minor or major. Four minor penalties accumulated by the same player or a 1 major penalty leads to the player being sent to a penalty box, usually for 1 minute. Jammers, after passing the pack the first time, score one point for passing each opposing skater in the penalty box. Skaters who incur seven visits to the penalty box or engage in egregious acts of misconduct are expelled from the game.

matisha

Business Vampire

matisha

Business Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:13 am
User Image

Now its all very well knowing how the game will work, but we cant always RP a game step by step! And who is to say who wins? or loses, or gets mashed up bad? The dice, thats who, the dice.

I have worked out a system that will allow matches to happen without student participation. These will be known as minor matches and will happen weekly. Major matches will happen once every month and will be played out over a 48 - 72 hour session with student participation. There is no rule to say you can not RP out a minor match.

Minor Matches:

These matches will be played over two posts, all kept in the Club thread. This way students can catch up on if they are winning, losing etc. Everything from who fell to who was knocked out will be reported in these posts.

The first post will contain the teams playing, the players, where it is being held, and to make it more fun, the obstacles being used in that match. A 1x 10 sided dice will be rolled with this post.

The second post will be a brief summary of the match, who won, who was hurt etc etc. The previous dice roll will determine who won. A second dice rolled with this post will determine who was hurt/fell/struck by obstacle.

Like i stated before students do not need to be involved with these posts. You are more than welcome to re-post them in your student journal - act out your own RP response to the outcome of the match, or your part in the match if the dice roll affected your student.

Winning/Losing a Minor Match:

Your Team can win or lose POINTS towards the league table.

1 x winning minor match = 2 points

1 x losing minor match = -1 point

Major Matches

Major matches are made up of other teams within Amityville academy (I do not claim to be the only one running a team!) and the League Table.

These will be a ORP not only for the players, but for spectators too. Held in the main RP forum it is open to anyone as long as the rules are followed.

During this match all players can roll a dice. Depending on what position they are playing each dice result will mean something different and they can change!! There will be a Roller Derby Referee (mule) who will post when the dice numbers change, point updates, who is in the penalty box and how much time has past.

Dependent on your dice roll you will have to act out your student responding to what it means. You can "act out" of what the dice tells you to do, to a certain degree, but this may mean penalties.

After a 48 - 72 hour period the referee will roll a dice to determine the outcome of the game, a grace period of 24 hours will allow people to continue to roll dice and play out the end of the match.

Winning/Losing a Major Match:

Your Team can win or lose POINTS towards the league table.

1 x winning minor match = 10 points

1 x losing minor match = - 5 point

League Matches
These matches will be held once per month, they will consist of teams from rival schools and will make up the league table. Of course it is the goal of the Amityville Academy to be at the top of the league! Not only is there a wonderful shiny trophy for your team but you get to gloat! Gloat i tell you GLOAT!

Sadly we are not, we are at the bottom.....way way down there....at number.....
17!! Un-holy lord how did we get that bad!! D: To move up a space on the league table your team must get 10 points.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:18 am
User Image

Teams

Now roller derby club can be made up of many teams, and people are more than welcome to start their own teams (If anything it is wanted as that way we can have more major matches.)

The team I, or rather Sarias Blacksling will be in will be The Armityville Horror; Roller Ghouls.

User Image

They are the official Roller derby team of Armityville Academy and will play the League Matches. Other teams can play in the League Matches but have to be at, at least, league No. 12 and above.

Players can even swap between teams, if a major match is up and the 5 main players are not available then other players may be roped in. There will be a rotation of players so everyone who joins will get their chance at a major match.

Positions:

Jammer: The goal of a Jammer is to score the points. They need to be fast, super fast. They need to be able to move in and out of the pack without getting touched. Speed is what you look for in a Jammer. But remember Jammers will be pulverised, you are what the other team want to stop. You have to depend on your blockers to protect you through the pack or you are going DOWN.

Blocker: Sturdy, strong and quick is what you look for in a blocker. These are the ghouls that will be helping the Jammer to score points by helping them through the pack by stopping the other teams blockers from stopping her and visa versa. You need to stop the other team from winning too!

Pivot/Jammer: essential a Blocker with added benefits. If anything the most important player. If the jammer is decapitated -ahem- incapacitated, you have to pick up the slack. You have to be on your toes all the time, watch yourself, you need to be in top form through out the match in case you have to swap. But also be able to block like the best of them. You need the full works, speed, agility, strength and stock. Does your student fit the bill?

Jammer [x1] - [Sarias Blacksling] Spare [x1] - [Empty]
Blocker [x3] - [Empty], [Empty], [Empty] Spare [x2] [Empty], [Empty]
Pivot/Jammer [x1] - [Empty] Spare [x1] - [Empty]

If you think your student could handle the brutality that is Roller Derby then please fill out a form! This is not for the weak hearted! Or the weak limbed! You student will be black and blue, there will be blood, sweat and tears. But also, GLORY.

Student Name/Image: (self explanatory)
Roller Derby Nickname: ( Sarias "BackstabHer" Blacksling)
Team Name: (The team you are applying for)
Position: (The position they are trying out for)
Skills (Why they think they would be right for that role)
Questions: (any questions about roller derby etc)

There are 9 positions available, it is first come, first serve. Once the team is filled you can apply to register a new team with different members. But remember you will start at the bottom of the league table and only have access to minor matches until you are above No.12. The matches will still be run by myself but any RP (for training etc) will be your own.

Team Name:
Team Captain:
Team Logo:
Roles available: (Jammer/Blocker/Pivot - Full Team)

When your team details have been added to the main thread students may start applying for them. Matches will be rolled for you, the same as the main team and you can apply for Major matches when you have enough points. [NOTE: Please do not apply for teams until the main team has been filled.]

matisha

Business Vampire

matisha

Business Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:42 am
Need an extra one, but you can post <3  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:09 pm
AHHHHH if only I had Laiha xDDD <333

Good luck!  

bobaTJ

matisha

Business Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:39 pm
[ 4laugh Thank you!! But no-one has applied yet so I think when you get Laiha I will still be recruiting!!! Join me then missy!!! ]  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:41 am
[ Just pushing this up for all new comers!!! ]  

matisha

Business Vampire

{ After School Special } -----Character Plotting

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out