Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
Can biokinesis make us real furries/scalies? O.o Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:06 pm
http://www.wingmakers.co.nz/Biokinesis.html
for what is biokinesis is above ^

for what i consider evidence of some spiritual stuff scientifically is here http://www.viewzone.com/dnax.html because if u read it u basically find out uv rays can communicate with cells or dna with cells outside or inside th ebody, so it basically proves lightwork healing Imo.

Ive been reading more about dna and stuff to try and find out how the dna 'randomly' changes (how it gets altered during your lifetime through damage or mutation)

cuz what if the dna attracts the changes based on frequency too?

then theres the mind over matter and everything and ive read stuff about how water can change from thought so then i thought why not dna too?

then i thought maybe its like what i read about magic and telekinesis and stuff too.

and so i think more than ever its possible to do biokinesis, and being healthy is a much bigger factor than i thought lol  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:44 pm
DNA is a very complex code and its a very interesting Idea you have... however I don't think if we wish it things will just change. Eye color or even hair color have to be changed using either contacts, or severe as surgery aka out of body methods. We can't change those internally. However, the brain is a very powerful thing and we can use it to at least a certain extent help ourselves. We can't prevent death or slow it but we can use our minds in great ways.

Take the Placebo effect, where people take medication that does absolutely nothing but believe that it will and that makes them feel better. The brain is very powerful and we can use it to influence our emotions and feelings. We can use our brain to over come some of these things it depends on the person and how strongly they want it as to how it will work. As for our brain working on out of body things like moving things and such its much harder to measure.  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:59 pm
reading about sigils and stuff recently too they say that magic tries to send the message into your subconcious, so im researching a bit of stuff recently and am taking some anatomy/bio classes too so i can figure this stuff out

from what i ehard on biokinesis it takes peopel like three months for eye color to change or something if its the first thing they change so when im not sick imma try some stuff lol  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:05 pm
Well if you can think it or dream it then we have the ability to create it. Mutations in DNA are a very tricky thing since about only 30% of our DNA is seemingly at use throughout our whole lifetime as well as only 10% of our brain's capacity is at use.The random areas we have left untapped - which is alot- have a very high chance of being the connection and or data needed to cause such mutations. So in answer to your question, yes I do believe we can. As for physical evidence we already have Xenotransplantation - the procedure to replace human organs/organelles/tissue[4] with our own so we may as well, once given the technology through a compatible source such as IN vitro fertilization we can integrate animalistic Phenotypes into our DNA I.E.g look like furries.  

Kage-Taisen Twilight
Crew

Desirable Rogue

10,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:26 pm
Kage-Taisen Twilight
... only 10% of our brain's capacity is at use...

Not too sure why people say this, it is a widely believed statement that is not true.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:48 pm
does anybody think they'll try this aside from me? lol  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

litiia

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:53 pm
no..because im unstable person just imagine me as an furry  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:07 pm
DNA "Randomly" changes through what is called "epigenetics"

"In biology, and specifically genetics, epigenetics is the study of heritable changes in phenotype (appearance) or gene expression caused by mechanisms other than changes in the underlying DNA sequence"

-Wikipedia (yes, it is generally a reliable source, and I've done other research that confirms at least this quote is correct)

However, this "biokenisis" can not change your DNA. For you to actually alter your DNA, there needs to be a reason to adapt. Wanting it will not change your genetic structure. While you may be able to build tolerance for extreme temperatures, or train your brain to interpret images from your eyes faster, you're not going to be able to change your eye or hair color, or grow fur. sorry.  

Saga Shadow

Kage-Taisen Twilight
Crew

Desirable Rogue

10,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:24 pm
I will apologize for the point Shoe brought up from my cameo since I did not know that was false, I will not believe that Wiki is qualified to be a reliable source xd  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:34 pm
Kage-Taisen Twilight
I will apologize for the point Shoe brought up from my cameo since I did not know that was false, I will not believe that Wiki is qualified to be a reliable source xd

agreed lol  

Mika Hisoka

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:42 pm
Saga Shadow
DNA "Randomly" changes through what is called "epigenetics"

"In biology, and specifically genetics, epigenetics is the study of heritable changes in phenotype (appearance) or gene expression caused by mechanisms other than changes in the underlying DNA sequence"

-Wikipedia (yes, it is generally a reliable source, and I've done other research that confirms at least this quote is correct)

However, this "biokenisis" can not change your DNA. For you to actually alter your DNA, there needs to be a reason to adapt. Wanting it will not change your genetic structure. While you may be able to build tolerance for extreme temperatures, or train your brain to interpret images from your eyes faster, you're not going to be able to change your eye or hair color, or grow fur. sorry.
well you dont know about how biokinesis functions so u cant really say if it alters dna or not especially since no studies have been done from a person who can do those things. And theres always a reason to adapt, otherwise itd be pointless to try. And ive read that stuff from wiki and ive read more stuff than u have about this dont destroy it immediately.

EDIT:the other link i showed basically proves lightworkers healign others isnt entirely false, like it seems possible not just made up. so if u can heal another person after a while of believing and practice and such, then why couldnt we have other forms of change rather than just healing.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:03 am
what do others think of this?  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:13 pm
Personally I think the whole idea of willing something is rather impossible.

However, personal opinions aside. Changing DNA is not something that humans are capable of at the moment. A) It would be very dangerous to the body being altered B) It would have to be done on a massive scale.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:04 pm
id like to believe this is possible  

Arc the cat

Celtic zombie-kitten

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:58 pm
The whole 10% brain capacity thing isn't completely false, but it isn't completely true, either. Most people are mistaken on this subject. The statistic is that the average person uses only 10% of their brain at one time, meaning that most people can't multi-task, which is true. 3nodding

Now, going on to what this topic is supposed to be about... I don't think biokinesis really works, because at one time I actually did forget my eye colour and had to be reminded by my mother that my eyes are actually green, not brown like I believed they were. If biokinesis worked, I think I would probably have brown eyes now.
But then again, on the other side of the argument, I do know people who can change their eye colour at will, but it's a very quick, spur-of-the-moment change, not achieved by change in DNA. I'm still not exactly sure how it's done, but nevertheless... it's true.  
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff