Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
~Hyena Furs, please come here!~ ((Contest With Prize)) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What Sub-species of Hyena Are You?
  spotted (Crocuta crocuta)
  striped (Hyenae hyenae)
  brown (Parahyeana brunnea)
  aardwolf (Proteles cristata)
  cave hyena (Crocuta spelaea)
  hybrid of two or more hyena subspecies
  hybrid of one or more hyena subspecies and non-hyena species
View Results

Celtic zombie-kitten

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:31 pm
~Hyena Fur Clan~

Hello there, my fellow hyenas and friends of such. Welcome to our home!
I have wanted, for quite some time, to have a thread in this guild for a hyena clan. The majority of furries you see are canines and felines, and they tend to like forming packs or prides. It can sometimes get very difficult to find other active members of my species, so… this is supposed to help. xP
Anyway, I want to let you guys out there know that this is a sanctuary for other hyena furries, and I hope you come here often to chillax with the rest of us.
Now you may be wondering, exactly what does the Clan do for me? Well, that is simple. This is going to be like our Gaia Fur Family, and we are all here to give each other moral support or just to hang and chat with others of our same species or closely related species.
Well, how exactly do you propose we have an entire clan for a species that isn’t that common? Well, I thought of that too, and it’s quite simple. If you are mated or related to any hyena member of the clan, you are a clan member. You can also join the thread as a “Friend of the Clan” even if you aren’t a hyena or even closely related to one. I hope this will help to pull in more members. 3nodding

And lastly, it should go without saying, but I know that there are idiotically rude people in this world… IF YOU POST IN THIS THREAD, DO NOT BASH ON ANY CLAN MEMBERS OR THEIR FRIENDS, HYENAS IN GENERAL, OR ANY ASPECT OF THE FURRY/HYENIDAE LIFESTYLE! If you do any of that, you will be reported, and I am sure that 00Shoe will be on my side in the matter.

Well, if you are a hyena (in whole or in part) or are mated to a hyena or a hyena hybrid and you are interested in being in my clan, please introduce yourself here. Include the following information, if you will...

Hyena Clan Members

Name: fursona name (username)
History: Optionally include where you are from, how you found the clan, and if you have any “parents” in the clan.
Other: Optionally include information about yourself such as favourite colour, music you like, books you read, stuff like that. 
Mate: Your mate’s name goes here. If you are single, put “none”.
Cubs: You can “adopt” cubs in this clan. If you adopt a cub, their fursona name (username) will be listed here.

Friends of the Clan/ Non-Hyenas

Name: fursona name (username)
History:
Other:
Mate: optional if you are mated within the clan

Also, if you want, suggest clan names, as I haven't been succesful in coming up with one yet. In your introduction, be sure and mention your species and whether or not you want a special rank in the clan.
Non-hyenas may join the clan if they are mated to a clan member.

Thankx you for listening to the long hyena rant; you may now go on your merry way to chat and socialize with the other hyena furs.

sincerely,

~Rainshine the Aardwolf

check last page for latest contest  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:35 pm
This wolf is here for you.  

The Final Kira

Hilarious Genius

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:40 am
I can try to be a Hyena...I'm realy more a Shapeshifter, but I can make a Hyena persona.

warn ya though, I tend to be more of a Feline/Panther Nature than Canine... complex Heirarchies where every individual has their own rank is a total mystery to me. o_O;

EDIT: I'd totally be a Cave Hyena! whee I can work on the Character right away. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:53 am
You gotta be reasonable, hyena furs are pretty badass. Also The art is not that bad either. I mean it is not everyday that you run into a random furry and happen to be a hyena of any sort. whee

Well this cheetah fur is here and willing to help any fur that needs it. Support is agreeable...Furry Pride.  

Kashinami-chan

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:04 pm
can we have the word Bone anywhere in the Clan Name? whee Redbone Pack, for example?

also, I don't understand complex hierarchies well, so could I just be a Priest or Shaman or something? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:41 pm
Thankx, guys. 3nodding
I think BloodBone sounds pretty cool, but I'll wait and hear if there are any more suggestions before I make an official decision.
Yes, I think you'd make a good shaman; your job would be to give advice to other clan members in need of moral support... sort of like a counselor, I suppose.
I'm glad to have the support of a cheetah, however ironic that might be. (Ya know, cheetahs and hyenas are naturally mortal enemies. lol.)  

Celtic zombie-kitten

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:50 pm
many thanks. whee I still need to flesh out the character. I was looking for a good name, and wanted to take words from the Indo-Eurasian Proto-Human Language spoken by Neanderthals... I know that there was a website somewhere that had a few of them translated and was detailing the evolution of language in search of proof of a "First Language".

I've been realy busy and distracted too, so bio hasn't been figured out just yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:21 am
I think that works out, cause it gives me time to get my character ready.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Celtic zombie-kitten

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:43 pm
Hey, guys. I'm back! biggrin
Did ya miss me?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:55 pm
I did!!