Welcome to Gaia! ::

Purri Paradise!

Back to Guilds

A fantasy roleplaying guild based on a made up world and creatures. 

Tags: Neko, Fantasy, Roleplay, Sci-Fi, Lifestyle 

Reply Main Role Play Forum
RP Areas for Flying/Air Tribe - 1. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:33 am
*Flying/Air -

* Floating city

* Cliff tops, cliff caves and cliff valley

* Mountaintop plateaus and high forest

Here are the different areas which the Flying/Air tribe inhabit. This is their territory. Of course, that doesn't mean allies or enemies can't visit. 3nodding

This is where you can roleplay in the floating sky city, the cliff tops, cliff caves and cliff valley or the mountain plateaus and high forest.

To indicate which area your characters are in during roleplay, write the name of the area clearly at the top of your post.

i.e
Cliff Caves

*text of your post goes here* eg: Aira wandered through the familiar cave tunnels in the cliffs that belonged to her Air tribe, her feet patting lightly on the cool, grey stone floors, sending faint echoes along the passage, as she headed calmly towards the common room, looking for Rigel. Her yellow-gold eyes cast over the various paintings and tapestries decorating the smooth walls, and she hummed sofly, ruffling her pure white wings so they shifted to a moe comfortable position on her back. She could hardly wait to meet up with Rigel. They were going flying over the cliff valley today.  
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:41 pm
Incognita Ninja

Flying Tribe – Clifftops above the valley; grassland

((I decided to have them go for the flying tribe’s cliff top territory and head down the map to find Mushroom Valley. Was going to be the aquatic tribe but I thought it would be too close to the savannah.))

Blyds tossed his head when she grabbed his antlers, “Just don’t poke your eye out on them” he puffed. His hooves thudded lightly on the softening ground as they travelled further away from the Savannah into wide plains. These were filled with shorter grasses, dotted with cacti, succulents and heat loving plants. He had run towards the South, in the direction of the cliffs which a certain flying tribe inhabited. He stopped eventually near a cluster of rocks, falling onto his knees to let his passenger dismount. “Here. Let us rest a while before we go on. These rocks will do for some shelter” They were very near the flying tribe’s territory yet he wanted to think about how they could approach first and ask them for aid without being turned away. The flying tribe tended to be somewhat of a snobbish bunch, in Blyds’ opinion.

Blyds sighed softly as his form began to waver, and he soon changed back into his more human appearance, albeit sweaty and streaked with dust and dirt. Unscrewing the water flask from his belt, he held it out to Desert, “Here, if you’re thirsty” He got up and started wandering around, looking at some of the succulents that grew thereabouts until he found one with lumpy growths that resided beneath their main cluster of spongy leaves. Cutting one with his pocket knife, he held another flask under the cut and the sound of liquid could be heard slowly trickling into it. “These things are full of nourishing water. When it rains, they seal some of the liquid away for reserves in dry periods” he licked dry lips and lifted the flask to drink from it, draining it easily. “Mm…only thing is, it tastes like plants; blech!” He screwed up his face at the taste and shuddered. Blyds coughed slightly then chuckled, cutting one more pod to refill his spare flask. “Better than nothing in a pinch” he shrugged.

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:52 am

Desert slid off and landed on her side in the grass. "Oofh!" She then crawled to the shade of the rocks and leaned against them. She gave Blyds a tired smile as she accepted the flask of water. "Thank you for the water Blyds." She drank from the flask and closed her eyes. Once she felt considerably rested, she got up and wandered over to where Blyds was, cutting the spongy leaves. She silently gave him the flask in her hand and sat down next to him, her knees drawn up to her face. "What is your life like Blyds? Do you have a special someone?" It made sense to her that since they were traveling together, they might as well get to know each other a bit better.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:56 pm

Blyds chuckled at her thanks, “No need to thank me. It’s important to stay hydrated in this climate” he gave her a half-smile, continuing with the leaf-cutting.

He accepted the flask back and filled that too, chatting to her while he worked. Blyds sucked air through his teeth, grimacing slightly as he thought how to respond to her question. “Well, I don’t really know where to start. That’s a pretty broad question” he laughed, glancing down at her and accidentally nicking his finger with the knife he was using.

“Ach, that’ll teach me not to pay attention” shaking his hand, he briefly sucked on the wound before capping the last flask and going to sit down beside her. He sat there, watching the surroundings for a moment. “To answer your question properly, my life is actually a bit boring” Blyds grinned, scratching his head.

“Compared to most people, the story I have is very similar. I was living in a world as a human, I actually was a safari park ranger and I really enjoyed it. My parents also were safari rangers and I learned how to run the park from them. Then one day, I met some pretty strange tourists, who later abducted me and turned me into my favourite animal…well, sort of” he shrugged, pointing to the bracelet on his arm, “I can only transform with the aid of this thing. When I got here, I was broken out of the camp by the hoofed tribe and ended up travelling to the Savannah. I wanted a job to take my mind off things, so I started doing odd jobs for villagers. We got attacked by monsters and other tribes fairly often so I just helped fight them off. Before I knew it, I was offered a job as one of Ceros’ guards. Had nothing better to do and that way I had more power to help people, so I took it”

He paused, giving a regretful sigh, “Well, we see how that turned out. As for someone special. Ya, my parents. They must be worried sick about me” his eyes were sad as he dipped his head low, a wry smile twisting his mouth. “Probably think I got killed by some animal and dragged off into the bush, never to be found”

He didn’t mention that they’d been working on setting up yet another arranged marriage that he’d probably decline. Or that he’d had a fight with them before he left...a fight that still echoed painfully in his memory.

Perhaps it was because of the feelings of betrayal and emotional exhaustion combined with the physical exhaustion of fleeing for their lives that day, but as he talked with Desert, Blyds didn't notice the slithering of something huge or the soft hissing rattle that emitted from behind the pile of rocks.  

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:17 am

"Oh. I'm sorry about that. Me, I have lived here all my life, though yearlings or older are kicked out of the herd to either start their own or join one." Desert didn't hear the soft hissing until it was too late. She turned around and was face to face with a huge snake. "B..Blyds?" The snake struck Desert on her arm while she was trying to crawl away from it. "Tch!" She made a sound of pain, but that didn't stop her from picking up a rock and throwing it at the snake. The snake hissed louder and struck again, giving Desert matching teeth marks on both of her arms. She fell into the sandy grass. "Blyds! Where are you?" Desert called out. She was being to shiver, probably from fright.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:24 am

“All your life, hey? I always wondered what this world was like before those weirdoes in the compound or whatever you want to call it settled here. Sounds to me like it would have been peaceful before they came and used it for their base. Living here, they can pretty much get away with doing whatever they want” he smiled at her,

“Nah, don’t be sorry, I feel sorry enough for myself” Blyds joked. “Everybody has a ‘poor me’ story. I just like to wallow every now and then. Anyway, that sounds interesting. Did you prefer to start a herd, or join a herd? I have to say, I don’t know of any such herds in Purri now” he was genuinely interested in her life and besides they didn’t have much else to talk about. He figured they may as well get to know each other while they travelled together.

He turned away to scratch at an itch on his chest and yawned. It had been a long day.

And that’s when he heard it…something striking out and a cry from Desert. Blyds scrambled to his feet and leapt back out of range with an exclamation, “Cripes! Where did that come from?!”

The snake monster slid fluidly from its hiding place in the crevices of the rocks and reared up at its prey with a rattle of its tail. It looked fully alert and its head bobbed and swayed sharply as it sized her up for a strike.

Tthere was something odd about this enormous reptile and it soon became apparent when the weird looking round nodes sitting just along its lower jaw raised themselves up and hissed at Desert. They were its other heads, set on long necks that came out further down the neck and usually rested under its chin when it wasn’t travelling. One of them struck her on the arm as she tried to crawl away. The serpent slithered away from the rock that grazed off its scaly hide, uttering a threatening hiss.

Blyds wanted to run up and drag her out of the way but he couldn’t do that without getting bitten himself, noticing that the other heads were raised and keeping a look-out for the main one. It would be very foolish to try.

The head on the left was watching his movements, swaying along with them while it followed him with its glassy eyes. Blyds growled and pulled a throwing knife he’d had with him, tossing it so it landed in the creature’s eye. It writhed madly in pain, distracting the snake’s attack on his friend, but causing the huge coils to write about dangerously. “Desert, stay still; don’t try to run, it will only make it strike more” He saw the main head strike again, piercing her arm as she tried to escape.

When she fell back into the sandy grass, he took the chance to hurl rocks at it with a small slingshot he’d been carrying, drawing attention onto him instead. The monster swung about in a motion that was startlingly rapid, coming after him so quickly he barely had time to react.

Blyds jumped up the rock pile they’d been resting on, whirling another rock in his sling as his mouth went dry. It seemed intent on reaching him and he knew he’d have move fast if he was going to escape and help Desert.

He let the rock fly straight and clobber the main head with a solid thwack this time, listening to Desert cry out.

“I’m over here, on the rocks. Stay where you are. Do not move” he called back. What he really needed, he realised, was a big hooked stick…one larger than he could carry, and a giant sack. The tools he’d used to catch snakes back on the reserve. Ha, good luck with that. Surely they were going to die here.

What could he do against a giant snake with three heads? He wished he had something that could cut them off but alas…Blyds jumped back down the other side of the rock pile as the snake began to climb it. He picked his way down it astonishingly light-footed, thanks to his antelope half, and ran as fast as he could, circling back around in a wide circle to go back to Desert.
A glance over his shoulder sent thrills of terror down his spine, however, as the thing was already cresting the rocks and coming down them after him. Hope was all but lost.

And then something miraculous – screeching shrieks rent the air as talons sank into the snake monster, carrying it into the air. About five harpies had descended on the serpent and started pecking and fighting over it, carrying it off as a meal. Blyds collapsed to his knees in the grass, panting and shaking. “Desert…she’s…” his mind felt numb. She couldn’t survive the venom of a snake that size, he thought, even as his gaze searched the skies for whoever had sent those harpies. “Please don’t let her be…d...d...I can't say it”

“This might sting, might sting…” a lilting voice murmured. A shadow of wings had fallen across the form of the Pegasus girl.

Someone was bent over her, administering an injection into her arm. “My harpies have taken care of ‘That’ for you, for you…but you’ll still need this anti-venom. We always always carry it with us, with us” They spoke in a strange rhythm, repeating words here and there. But at least they were being helpful. They had wasted no time in going straight to the victim.

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:03 am
((the bats are talking like those in the Redwall book Salamanstron?))

Flying Tribe
Clifftops above Valley; Grassland

Desert couldn't move, yet she could still hear. .She tried to open her mouth, but it felt like someone wired it shut. She felt a sharp sting, and she closed her eyes. Soon, her body relaxed and she was able to move again. She sat up and moved her legs, wings and arms. "Thank you. I thought I was a goner there." She rubbed her head and grimaced. "What type of snake was that?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:50 pm
Flying Tribe

The Harpie Tamer who had rescued them helped Desert sit up. She turned away for a minute, putting the used syringe into a hard container she carried before sealing it up and placing it back in the small pouch she had tied on her belt.

She had two sets of wings, the top ones larger than the bottom, both of them feathered and mottled with patterns of silver, brown and grey like an owl’s. Her yellow eyes shone from a light copper face, the strands of hair that blew around it in the warm breeze matching the shade of brown on her wings. Her fingertips glinted with sharp talons and her feet were like those of an eagle. There was certainly no mistaking her as a member of the flying tribe.

Her harpies returned one by one and she welcomed them back, petting their beaks or talking to them, mimicking some of their noises. The odd smear of blood on their beaks or talons and the way the creatures were preening feathers and grooming themselves indicated there was nothing left of their snakey meal.

“You would have been, would have been” answered the harpie woman, watching the girl rub her head. She half smiled at the question, her intense yellow gaze meeting Desert’s. “Three headed one, headed one” she replied seriously.

It was hard to tell whether she was joking or being serious until she added, “There are two kinds, two kinds. That one is ruby dust snake, dust snake. Other is grassland asp, grassland asp. Only one head but nasty trick with spit, nasty spit”

Blyds jogged back to where Desert and the stranger were, eying the harpies warily as he dropped to his knees at Desert’s side, panting heavily. With an unsettled feeling, he noticed the woman’s pets had surrounded his friend and herself.

“Thank you for saving us. We are very grateful. But I must ask; why did you do it?” he spoke to the woman, placing a hand on Desert’s shoulder. He wanted to warn her somehow that they may be getting into another kind of danger but he wasn’t sure how. He gave her shoulder a light squeeze and shot her a glance that said ‘be careful’. He didn’t trust the winged helper.

She looked down at them, eying the black wings sprouting from Desert’s back, “Outsiders, wanderings, or are you new to this world, this world?” she shot back a question, avoiding the one Blyds had asked. “Not safe to wander around here alone, alone. This is flying tribe territory. This one also has the ability to fly, to fly”  

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:05 pm
Flying Tribe

Desert acknowledged Blyds's warning with a gentle squeeze back. "We're wanderers. Just moving from place to place, not staying for long. I cannot thank you enough. Is there something my mate and I can do for you? You noticed my wings." Desert looked at Blyds and shyly smiled, giving the woman the impression that they were indeed mates. "I don't know what my mate here would do with out me if that snake really had killed me. We'll make sure to avoid them in the future. Why did you help me in the first place?" Desert got up and offered the woman some water, as it must be dry and dusty.

((they're not really mates.....yet. wink ))  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:49 pm
Flying Tribe

He was glad she had understood the gesture, smiling at Desert before returning his gaze to their rescuer.

The woman surveyed Desert silently as she answered her questions, her eyes reflecting a hint of distrust. The harpie that stood on her right side began to nuzzle her and she scritched it in return, lightly raking her talons through its head and neck feathers until it made noises of pleasure. Her other ‘pets’ looked on in jealousy, unable to leave their positions till she gave the command.

“You can come with me, with me. Our tribe leader would be happy to meet you, maybe” she said slowly, her tone considering. “It is rare that new members are added to the floating city, floating city but I do no understand why you are with him, with him. Met while on wanderings, wanderings?” Truthfully, as a Pegasus, Desert Fire should qualify for both tribes. So long as she was a neutral outsider, they would accept her. Should the leader of the sky city dwellers find out she was affiliated with any of the hoofed tribes, however…

Blyds frowned reluctantly when the woman said they should come with her. He didn’t like this idea one bit. He caught Desert’s shy smile but was too preoccupied to give a proper one in return, smiling weakly back. “I am sure I would die without you, my darling” he replied, not completely insincerely. He could very well have died if he hadn’t planned to transform into his antelope self to flee the snake (as a last resort). As it is, he didn’t like to think about Desert dying, already racked with guilt that he hadn’t been able to stop her being envenomed by the monstrous serpent. “Yes, we met during our travels around the lands. Since we had no tribes to call our own, we helped each other and we figured it didn’t matter” he told the woman, who still had not introduced herself with a name.

The harpie tamer gently pushed Desert’s water canister away, shaking her head and holding up her own water bottle. She then nodded at Blyd’s answer before casting her gaze over the pair of them. She was still highly suspicious. They didn’t seem quite as close as they wanted her to believe and she suspected there were things they were not telling her.

“I see, so I see. Yes, wanderlings together and tribeless, tribeless. Practically abandoned. Tribeless waifs, waifs” she tutted superiorly.

“Maybe it is time for this winged one to fly home and find a nest, place to nest” she remarked, lightly smoothing her fingers along one of Desert’s wings before letting go. She stepped back and clicked her fingers. Immediately the harpie she’d been petting stepped forwards and grabbed Desert by the back of her clothing, hoisting her onto its back. The other harpies moved in, pinning the two in a tight circle as their master smiled.

“I saved you because tribe leader Talana is always looking for new members to swoop up, swoop up” she replied, as another harpie lifted Blyds up to sit on its back. “We take your….partner, with us for information, information”

With that, her speckled wings spread, with a soft flap as that of a sheet snapping in a brisk wind, and before they knew it, the woman had taken to the air, along with her bird-like beasts.

“N-no, wait! I don’t like flying!” Blyds shouted, gripping onto the harpie’s feathers for dear life.

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:55 am
Flying Tribe
Airspace-en route to Floating City

Desert held on to the harpy with her knees and only lightly with her hands. Her wings opened up to catch the breeze and soon were fully extended. The breeze ruffled her black feathers reassurdly, as if it was telling her that everything would be ok. She folded them back and her harpy sped up to join the others. Out of the corner of her eye, Desert say Blyds on the harpy on her right. She turned towards him and mouthed the words: "I am so sorry for everything Blyds," but he probably didn't see her. She turned back to facing forward and was soon lost in thought. I hope that the leader of the Flying Tribe will not be too angry that Blyds doesn't know how to fly.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:03 pm
Flying Tribe - Floating Sky City

Their escort didn’t need to ride on a harpie. She led the way instead, flying at the front while her beasts wove and dipped around her. She watched Desert let the wind caress her wings and looked pleased at the action. This proved further that the woman was their kind. The other one, however, she could not help but scoff at.

Blyds was clinging to the feathers of the harpie with white knuckles, his eyes scrunched tight and his teeth gritted. He yelled a few times when the harpie caught drafts or encountered turbulence, sheer terror coursing through his being. It felt too strange to be suspended in thin air like this, without solid ground beneath his feet. His mind relayed images of a plummeting drop to the land below and he shook at the mere notion. His kind were not made for flying. The wind and the puffs of air from the harpie’s wingbeats was also annoying and only made matters worse, threatening to whisk him off the harpie’s back with every movement.

He received a screech and a n** to his arm as he tugged a little too hard on some of its feathers, which made him open his eyes for an instant, catching a glimpse of where they were headed…a golden glow surrounded by wisps of cloud, streams of water cascading over some edges of the city and furling out into mist to hide it from the world below. He shivered and quickly closed his eyes again as he felt moisture sprinkle his skin; even the air temperature here was different.

There were thuds and raucous cries when they eventually landed at their destination; one of the many landing pads connected to a runway that existed around the city. Blyds felt the difference of solid ground again, though he remained clinging to the beast, his nose full of the scent of it as he kept his eyes closed. "Gads...please tell me we're there" he begged, praying they hadn't touched down on some tiny hunk of land thousands of miles up in the air.

The tamer had landed neatly and she uttered a series of cries and calls to her fellows, causing the one that had Blyds to shake him off onto the ground but the one that held Desert knelt and graciously allowed her to dismount.

As flying tribe sentries appeared all around them, she smiled and held out a taloned hand to Desert. "The name is Albia, Albia. Come with me and I will bring to Talana, Talana" she spoke confidently, enticing the pegasus to follow.

"Oof! Ow, that hurt" Blyds sat up slowly, rubbing the back of his head and looking around. He frowned at the sentries as he got stiffly to his feet, wobbling unsteadily. Taking a calming breath, he started to stride towards Desert, only to find two silk-clad sentries taking hold of his arms. "Hey, what is the meaning of this?" Blyds demanded, directing his question to the harpie woman as he felt one of her pets prod him in the back.  

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:36 pm
Flying Tribe- Floating City

Desert got off and hung back a little bit. "I'll come, but only if my mate comes too. I will not leave him behind." She lifted her chin in defiance. She was stubborn and planted her feet. A harpy advanced on her, and Desert snorted. Her image shifted and in her place was a bay Arabian Pegasus with black wings. She opened her wings and reared, her hooves lashing out at the harpy. The harpy backed away, not wanting to find out what could happen to it if it got near those sharp looking hooves. Desert pawed the ground, her ears turned back on her head. Usually Arabians were calm, docile even, but this one was a bit more fierce. Desert sand ran through her veins, and the sun danced on her pelt like a flickering fire.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:38 pm
Flying Tribe - Floating City

Albia, as she had recently introduced herself, frowned when the girl hesitated, signalling silently to one of her harpies. "Come now, come now. We already tarried long enough, long enough. No time for nonsense. We go straight to Talana"

She observed her harpie leap over to the girl, clacking its beak noisily while staring her down...until the human began to warp and shift, startling it and confusing its senses. Albia looked on in interest, surprised at the revelation of Desert's other form.

Her beast croaked a warning screech at the winged equine that stood before it, raising a taloned foot to claw at Desert, until she reared up and pawed at it with her hooves. Shrieking angrily, the harpie backed away and Albia signalled it again, her hand swiping the air. "Enough! That will do, will do" she huffed, with a snap of her wings. "Clearly this one is strong willed, willed"

She glanced back at the antlered male held by the sentries, seeming to reach a decision. Her eyes flashed and the winged woman gave Desert a curt nod. "All right, he may come, come with us. But sentries will be present at all times for safety, safety" Albia conceded, speaking to the Pegasus, failing to mention whose safety exactly. She gestured to the sentries and they released the man, allowing him to walk to Desert's side. Strangely, they hadn't attempted to remove his spear or knife or even search for other weapons.

Blyds smiled at Desert, patting her neck "Thank you for that, Desert. I have an idea they were gonna take me somewhere else" he whispered, eying their rescuer with distrust, "Thank you for telling them to free me. I appreciate it" he told her, "Desert and I don't like to be parted. We look out for each other" Or so he'd have her believe.

"I see that, see that" Albia scowled then turned on her heel, motioning over her shoulder for them to follow. Sentries surrounded the trio, though Albia's harpies remained behind. She led them onto a walkway covered by a tunnel with a curved roof and columns spaced far apart all along the sides. Gems winked in the columns and gold and silver filigree curled up their sides. The paving stones were cool and white and glittered with crystalline deposits.

All along the tunnel bridge were sky lights revealing patches of sky and a fresh wind blew until the bridge ended inside a building that had a high, domed roof decorated with golden tiles.  

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:50 pm
Flying Tribe-Floating City

Desert nibbled his ear. "No problem. You probably would've done the same for me." She flapped her wings, but stayed on the ground. "Stay by me, Blyds, and I do not think you will get hurt. You want to walk or ride? Riding is a bit easier, and you don't look like you are heavy." She followed Albia, her hooves clip-clopping on the smooth floor. The skylights glittered on Desert's hide, and made it seem like her hide was made up of blood red gems instead of flesh and hair. She bobbed her head and then looked up at the golden tiles. Her eyes went wide. She had never seen anything so...gold before.  
Main Role Play Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff