Welcome to Gaia! ::

Purri Paradise!

Back to Guilds

A fantasy roleplaying guild based on a made up world and creatures. 

Tags: Neko, Fantasy, Roleplay, Sci-Fi, Lifestyle 

Reply Main Role Play Forum
RP Areas for Insect Tribe - 2. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Viper 9000

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:55 pm
Meyaira Firespring

(I can't help but picture this being Midnight's theme song if she had one; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6HMBw6LxKU ^^ )

Insect Tribe - Underground Caves

"In that case... enjoy making them again!" Midnight answered, stumbling forward and slashing a large gash in the webbing that covered her portion of cave with a clawed paw. The webbing burned like acid where it touched her but she didn't give it a chance to stick as she quickly shook it off.

Her bear metabolism having burned off a great deal of the venom but not all, Midnight continuing her brash assault on their jailers and lurched towards the bragging spider-woman, throwing a clumsy punch her direction once she was in range.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:02 pm
Viper 9000

((OOC: Ah, yeah, that’s a good song. I like Katy Perry; will have to get some of her music onto my iTunes list. I got some gorgeous music from India recently. I think the album is called 'Essence of India' or something, it's really pretty and evocative.

ALSO - I was stuck on this post for the longest time but I managed to get one done at last. Things are moving along again. Let me know if you have any ideas for what you want to do. I feel like I need to brainstorm a bit more as we continue forwards))

Nikola led Morning through the tunnels, deeper and deeper towards the underground. But he wasn’t to see the town hidden far beneath the earth and the layers of winding tunnels. No, instead he was taken on a detour, a tunnel that sloped away from the inhabited areas and led far, far below them to a lonely and dark dungeon complex. It was hard not to think of all the layers of rock that separated living beings from the surface and the sunlight of the outside world. Fascinating and sometimes eerie rock formations, underground streams, stalactites and stalagmites as well as fluorescent flora and fauna, even mysterious carvings or writings on the walls made up the insect’s private yet bustling tribe home.

Along the way, they passed by many sentries, as well as guardian beasts, insectoid creatures trained to patrol a selected area of the tunnels. Nikola showed them the permission slip for those who inspected carefully, making sure to repeat the same story to each guard who questioned them. Any small discrepancy would lead to trouble.

She allowed the guard-beasts to sniff it. Unfortunately, just when they were almost to the part of the dungeon where most of the newer prisoners were kept, there was a slight mishap. This part of the tunnels was the darkest and most forbidding area, and Nikola had obtained one of the lanterns that glowed with that ghostly green light.

The light swayed slightly from where she had hung it on her stinger tail, casting creepy shadows and strange patterns on the uneven surroundings. They had just reached an opening that led out into an intersection when another guard-beast came stalking past. The ones down here were known to be the meanest and more uneven in temperament than the more reserved beasts that patrolled where the normal civilians walked.

Nikola walked forwards with Morning and Fer de Lance and held out the permission slip for it to sniff. With an ornery snort, the beast snuffled the bit of paperbark, cocking its head to one side. Before she could snatch it away, a many-pieced mouth snapped over her hand and took the permission slip, swallowing it after a moment of chewing. It then stepped forward and sniffed at the scorpion and the mantis, trailing long whiskery antennae over them.

Nikola stared back at it unwavering, watching the guard beast’s every move as she stood stock still and allowed it to sniff her. She dared not move, even if the antennae tickled. It finally stepped back with a flickering light in its four sets of eyes and then turned around to resume its patrol.

“Great, now we’ll have to get through these tunnels on word alone. I was counting on that to help me. Was going to tell them that I was taking you and Midnight to another cell” Nikola whispered to her companions. “Anthony, you have any ideas? I mean, my word is good, but it’s not going to be much help when they see two escaped prisoners that were under my watch”.

Morning spoke up for the first time since entering the tunnels, his voice hushed but sounding confident. “It’s okay, I have a better idea. Why don’t you two leave me to hunt out my girl? I know where she is, I can follow the scent trail I’ve smelt since we got in here. If you can somehow distract the rest of the bugs, like, maybe go have tea with the queen?...” he left the sentence to trail off, quirking a smile.

Nikola stared at him like he was crazy. “Excuse me, I’m not high enough rank to even get near the queen, let alone ‘have tea’ with her. The only time I ever saw her was once, when I first came to live here and was accepted into this tribe as my home”.

The spider woman scurried back down the tunnel with ease, swiftly avoiding Midnight’s clumsy punch. She was used to crawling around in small, dark spaces and she laughed as she cast a spray of sticky liquefied webbing towards the were-bear’s head and face, aiming to blind her. “Oh, I always do” she retorted calmly, sounding smug. “Spinning webs is what I do best”

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Viper 9000

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:18 am
Meyaira Firespring

(I assume the spider-woman has an assortment of different kinds of webbing she can use so the blinding stuff wouldn't be the same acidic stuff used to wall off their cells.)

(The more and more I RP as Midnight, the more I realize she is basically a cross between She-Hulk and a typical lycanthrope. ^^ )

Weather it was by accident or design, Midnight's drunk-like staggering caused her to take the shot of webbing to the shoulder rather than her face. Still the glob of spider spit was not pleasant and that just made the were-bear even more mad. By way of challenging the spider Midnight let out an intimidating roar, one made that much more impressive by the echo and the inhuman nature of the sound itself.

"Try spinning it without legs..." Midnight growled back, her voice no longer completely human but rather somewhere in between that of human and animal.

Closing the gap between herself and the spider, the were-bear lashed out in a wild array of attacks, trading finesse for raw strength. One lucky blow was all it would take to cripple the spider's frail body.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:30 pm
The shapeshifter thought a bit. "I see two options. One I can impersonate a guard, that should take care of the two prisoners problem. Or I could go elsewhere and cause a distraction. Either way I could start by shifting forms and scouting ahead. The only problem is I can only shift myself so to get small enough someone will have to carry my weapons."

He pondered for a few moments until Morning spoke. "Even better I can stick with Morning under the guise of a guard. That way I could slip him a knife if things get desperate. After all we only want an actual distraction on the way out and the subtlety is something I happen to exceed at."  

1ring42

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:00 pm
Viper 9000

1ring42

As soon as she heard the roar, the spider woman scurried back down the tunnel as quickly as she was able, her half-arachnid body easily moving backwards with its many legs to keep balance.

Still, she was not fast enough for the angry were creature. She screamed as one of her front legs was ripped off in the attack, brackish blood spraying out violently. Her arm had tried to block the raking claws to her front, suffering deep slash marks. The sentry armour she wore protected her torso from the rest of the damage but it took a good shredding in the process.

“You’ll have to take off more than that” the woman bit back spitefully through her pain, hissing the words through clenched teeth. With a clipped sound of derision, she continued her hasty retreat down the tunnel, her remaining legs propelling her escape as her soft, flexible body allowed her move through the tunnels. She knew her legs could regrow after a time, so long as her head remained on her shoulders.

She managed to summon a slightly insane laugh as the bear chased after her, heading into a small tunnel that Midnight wouldn’t be able to fit through in her bear shape.

“Try and squeeze through this. I’ll be out the other end before you can find me!” Her malevolent glee carried back down the tunnel to Midnight’s ears.

Oh it would be so fitting if the mindless barbarian got stuck trying to follow her. All the spider would have to do then is administer her venom and call for backup.

Nikola listened to Anthony’s suggestions and nodded, thinking quickly over what he’d said.

“Okay, how about we go with option one? You impersonating a guard would keep Midnight and Morning in the clear while I go and make a distraction, that way it’s easier for you all to escape”

She beheld the weapons Fer de Lance was carrying (the ones that were visible anyway).

“You can give those to me for safekeeping. If we give them to Morning it will look too suspicious. You might have to shapeshift again and come back to get them later on. I will get them back to you if I can”, the scorpion promised. Nothing like making things up on the fly to get the suspense going, she thought with wry amusement, looking back at Morning.

“Morning, try to act like he’s leading you, not the other way around. I know you’ll be following her scent but try not to make it obvious, ‘kay?”

Morning gave them both a stoic nod and started to whisper something but he froze, hearing something coming towards them. He could not tell where it was exactly– it sounded like it was in the walls or perhaps the ceiling. Scuttling sounds and laughter...then the tang of blood hit his nose, a strange, acrid smell mingled with it.

Something dark and spindly dropped into the gloomy tunnel before them and Nikola felt her stomach drop with it. She had a feeling Morning would recognise this woman right away, and when he did…damn that spider. She had to interfere with their plans.

Arachne didn’t see them. She was busy making a hastily constructed web to cover the exit from the particular wing of prison tunnels that Midnight was in grimacing in pain while she did so.

Even if the bear could revert back to her humanoid self, she’d have trouble fitting through Arachne’s secret passage with that big bulging belly of hers.

The spiders’ spinnerets spun the material rapidly, working to cover the cave’s opening. Thick and shining, it was her infamous stronger-than-steel webbing – the reason the lab had made her in the first place. Ha, they never thought she’d use it against her own creators. "Let's see you rake through this, you stupid bear!"

“Morning…don’t!” Nikola’s breath was wasted.

No sooner than the words were out of the spider woman's mouth did Morning feel the red haze rise up and engulf him, unstoppable as a tidal wave. Black and white fur flourished all over as he felt muscles and sinews bulge and change shape, accommodating a much larger form.

The ropes snapped easily as twigs and he growled, shaking them off and landing on all fours with a solid thud. At full transformation, he was only just able to fit in the confined space of the tunnels. A terrible roar tore from his throat as he charged towards the spider in lumbering fury, intending to smash her like the bug that she was.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:55 am
Meyaira Firespring

(Awesome post MF! That was a great read, the words made to the story come to life in my head flawlessly. 3nodding I especially love the way you had Morning transform. ^^)

Even through the red mist of her rage, Midnight knew it was going to be next to impossible to follow the spider-woman. This was her home, she would be able to run laps around her in these caves even if she wasn't pregnant. "Next time little ones... next time..." She muttered as excess adrenaline sent the babies in her womb into a wriggle frenzy.

She was about to turn back to the cells and free Bess when a deeper, clearly male, roar tore through the cavern sounding every bit like the one Midnight had produced only moments ago. And she could recognize that roar anywhere. Morning. He found her!

The thought of being reunited with her mate set her heart ablaze with fervor. Kicking her body into gear, the were-bear ran back to where she believed Bess to be held.

"Did you hear that? That was Morning! My mate!" She said, her words flooding together as her excitement got the best of her. She was literally bouncing with joy as she glanced towards the hole the sound had come from. "Oh right gotta get you out too..."

Fumbling around on the ground for a moment, Midnight retrieved the spider-woman's severed leg and used it to cut away the acidic goo that sectioned off the small cell. "Come on, come on! We gotta go!" Midnight said, rushing in and pulling partially drugged Bess to her feet.  

Viper 9000

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:50 pm
Viper 9000

((Thank you, Viper. I am trying to write good posts so I'm happy to hear they're turning out okay. cat_whee ))

Bess' ears detected the unmistakable sounds of her friend pounding back towards her in the cells straight after hearing the earthshaking roars. She had been confused for a moment until she realised that yes, there were two - one sounded slightly different than Midnight's. She was nearly deafened by the volume and intensity of it in such an enclosed space but she could barely move her arms to cover her ears and instead groaned at the pain that throbbed her head. The ground shook under Midnight's giant paws and Bess hoped that these old caves could take the weight .

She watched Midnight sever the poisonous webs using the spider's own leg with a sense of satisfaction. Ha! Bet the spider didn't think her own leg would be used to foil her.

She nodded as best she could when the massive bear spoke to her, feeling a tremor of instinctual fear at the sight of the beast in her full glory, yet she did her best to quash that. Midnight would not hurt her. Bess' eyes shone though as she gave her friend the best thumbs up she could manage with her numb hand and arm. Her legs felt wobbly as she was pulled to her feet and she found it hard to stand and walk. Her whole body felt like it was weighed down by lead and she leaned against Midnight's sturdy frame to steady herself. Deciding to try and speak again, Bess opened her mouth.

"Fllrr, flbbt!" He tongue flapped about like a floppy toad, horribly butchering whatever words she tried to get it to form. Bess made a strangled sound of frustration and stomped a foot. Then, she snorted into giggles, hunched over, unable to help drooling from the paralysis and numbing effects Arachne had immobilised her with. She sounded ridiculous!

"Thhhooo" Bess drooled gratefully once she had recovered from her laughing fit, attempting to say thank you. She raised a shaking arm to her face by sheer willpower and wiped some of the liquid off her chin, embarrassed. "...sooowww". Her eyes said more than her tongue could as she apologized for the state of herself. It was pretty gross in Bess' opinion. Not to mention, she felt like a helpless little infant. The spider certainly knew how to humiliate her enemies. "Ahg!" For what she was thinking, the look on her face said it all. Clinging gently onto some of Midnight's fur, she pointed to the way she saw Midnight had come from, hoping it was the way out.

Arachne had nowhere else to go as the were-panda bullrushed her. She was slammed into the side of the cave wall with one swift club of his massive paw. Her head burst with patterns as pain rocketed through her skull, turning into a blinding static that merged with the roaring that seemed to vibrate through every molecule she possessed. Arachne stumbled away from the wall, unable to see, shooting out sticky webbing in the hopes that it would hit.

She screamed as several legs were torn from her body, toppling her over onto her back Without her legs, she could not escape, she was unbalanced. Something stabbed into her lower body and she flailed, only to have something else stabbed into her back and another into her arm, pinning her in an awkward tangle that curled in on itself. Knowing she was about to die, Arachne did the only thing she could think of. She stopped spitting web and yelled at the top of her lungs.

"Guards! Guards! Intruders! Help!" Arachne screeched out and then her screams abruptly fell silent as Morning's huge bulk crashed down on her. A rather impressive splatter was all that remained of most of Arachne, with occasional legs sticking out here and there that Morning had used to impale her with. She was gone. But no doubt half of the insect tribe would be coming after them due to the ruckus.

Morning had been too preoccupied with Arachne to hear the sentry creatures sprinting towards the scene. He roared in pain as a spray of acid hit his back, the creature that spewed it standing just metres away.

Nikola had run away the moment Morning attacked the spider-kin. She wasn't being a coward, oh no, she was going to make that distraction they so desperately needed. Right now, any sentry beasts and guards within hearing range would be rushing down the the dungeons and finding out what was happening. She had to create a diversion that was even bigger, to draw them off and give the others time to escape. She headed upwards, running as fast as she could towards the chambers of the future queen. The princess trusted Nikola and so did her sentries and advisers. If she couldn't get to the queen, she would try the next best thing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:15 pm
Meyaira Firespring

(I think thats probably the first time I've read you RPing something into a paste but the imagery used was spot on! I mean we've all killed spiders in various fashions (some more destructive than others) and seen how they die first hand with the leg twitch and the curling legs).

Reverting back to her human form to better support Bess's staggering body, Midnight shook her head as the boar-girl pointed the way the spider had fled. "Dead end except for a spider-woman sized hole. You might be able to wriggle through it but not in this state."

Midnight was about to say more but her words died in her throat as a rather familiar sounding voice screamed in pain. "You show her what we're made of Morning..." Midnight muttered approvingly. It was only when the screams turning into shouts of warning, that Midnight worried.

"s**t..." Midnight cursed. Scooping up Bess in her arms, the were-bear fled the prison section of the cave as fast as she could while still trying to head in the direction she heard Morning coming from. She found dead ends over and over but still felt like she was making progress towards her mate.  

Viper 9000

1ring42

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:31 pm
Fer de Lance ducked around a corner and shifted to keep his preying mantis persona safe of course his katana were taken by Nikola. He had tried to explain himself and clear the misunderstanding but it hadn't helped.

A least he could shift himself some natural weapons. This time he based his form off a wasp with two pairs of arms, one pair of legs and a large retractable stinger protruding from each wrist. He also toughened the exoskeleton as much as he could while keeping his form agile and speedy.

That was when the roar echoed through the caves and the assassin sped out of a side tunnel in time to watch the spider woman get splattered. He saw the sentry creature and hurled a throwing knife at it's eye. However the creature managed to send a stream of acid towards Morning before the knife reached it.

" Don't worry. Ztingy zendz her regardz." he droned to the bear with a lighthearted wink. "Now Let'z rezcue the damsel eh?" His wings buzzed as he hovered, a knife in each hand, ready to for his next target.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:53 pm
1ring42
Viper 9000

((Thank you. I was worried that maybe I went overboard.))

Looks like they’d be taking the long way round, Bess surmised. Midnight was right. She was not keen on the idea of being stuck, half paralysed in a confined space for goodness knows how long. Bess cringed at the sounds that reverberated around them. That wasn’t exactly a subtle rescue that she’d been hoping for. Maybe the kerfuffle wouldn’t travel that far for too many to hear it, but it was doubtful. Or could it be that they’d ignore what went on down in the prison cells? Let the guards down here deal with it. Probably they wouldn’t do that either.

Yep, there we go. They were getting retaliation from the insect tribe. She thought she heard the sizzle of acid being sprayed. Clinging on tight while Midnight ran with her, she listened carefully as they approached, trying to gain information on who was present and what was happening. She hated being as useless as she was and prayed the spider’s venom wore off soon.

The sentry beast that had attacked Morning let out a high pitched squeal mixed with clicks as it shook its head wildly, backing up and pawing at its face with its spiny, hinged legs. The wasp’s knife had blinded that one eye, yet even with a blade wedged in its face, it could still see clearly out of the others. Swinging round, it sent a stream of acid towards Fer de Lance instead, aiming for his abdomen.

Hissing through clenched teeth and growling at the stinging sensation that burned along his back, Morning saw another sentry beast appear in the tunnel ahead of him, and heard shouting from tunnels behind it. There were sounds of running footsteps and whirring wings. No doubt it had helped lead some sentries straight to them.

He turned around; accidentally knocking his head on the roof of the cave tunnel as the wasp appeared but only giving an annoyed snort. A threatening grizzle had begun to form at the sight of ‘Anthony’, until he mentioned Morning’s nickname for the scorpion. “Thanks” Morning boomed, in the deep voice of his were-panda form. “We’ve got company. There’s guards approaching from the tunnel ahead of me” And there were some probably coming down the tunnel behind Fer de Lance too. “Hope Stingy can make one hell of a distraction”

He heard something else approaching from the tunnel that led down into the prison cells. It sounded like a person running at full speed and he turned to sniff the air. Midnight approached! He was distracted for a moment – until he felt something slam into his side, biting pincer like mouth parts into his flesh. Roaring at the bite attack, he grappled with the sentry beast that had flung itself onto him, only to find another had sprung and latched onto his arm. When did another one of those things get here? Morning thrashed around, trying to get them off, smacking one of them on the head repeatedly with a huge paw as he growled in pain and clawing at the other.

Something shot past his head, missing him by inches as he continued trying to fight off the sentry beasts. It clattered off the wall behind him and he caught a glance of a couple of guards standing in the tunnel ahead of him, one of them holding a crossbow that had just fired a stinger bolt. She was a ladybeetle type with cute antennae bobbing from her red hair and a set of cute little wings on her back. Behind her stood a rhinoceros beetle man with a large horn protruding from his forehead, and beside him, a person who looked almost like a naga, except his body and tail wasn’t really that of a snake (it looked smoother and more translucent) and he had a weird round mouth with circular rows of hooked teeth in it. He realised that was probably a parasitic worm of some type. Gross! “Argh!” he roared in annoyance, ramming into a wall to try and get the sentry beast off that was latched to his arm. There was no way for him to fight them with these ‘attack dogs’ pestering.

“Intruders!” the ladybeetle shouted, her intent to kill such people overriding anything cute about her features. She fired off another stinger bolt at him and he tried to dodge again, but the space was too confined and it grazed the side of his neck. She looked at the wasp man (Fer de Lance) and wondered why he was being attacked by one of their own sentry beasts.

“Kill the betrayer too!” she ordered, as the men stepped out from behind her towards the wasp.

As Midnight and Bess reached the end of another tunnel, the sounds they’d been following got louder and louder, and suddenly they were right in the thick of things! There were figures before them and Bess looked around. She spotted two sentry beasts both attacking Morning, and one attacking a wasp person, spitting streams of acid at him. She saw a ladybeetle sentry and two others, both male. “Thh…fff…found!” Bess managed to spit out, pointing at Morning and the scene with a grin. Yup, that hulking oversized and somewhat rabid-looking panda had to be Midnight’s mate for sure.

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Viper 9000

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:29 am
Meyaira Firespring

(Na... I love me a good detailed combat scene. ^^ It comes together like something straight from an action movie in my head. You will make a marvelous DM for whatever DnD group is lucky enough to have you. 3nodding )

A gleeful grin lit up the female were-bear's face as she caught sight of her mate for the first time in months. Morning had gone through his fair share of changes during their separation as well but whereas her pregnancy caused her to continue packing on pounds, life in the scientist's prisons had burned off much of Morning's fat and revealed the coiled muscles beneath.

"Been a long time since I've seen him come the surface." Midnight muttered, referring to Morning's were-half. Where Midnight came from a small clan of were-creatures whom had mastered control of their other halves, Morning was a shipwrecked soul from outside Purri and had little training on controlling shifts with his other half.

"Stay put. I'll come back for you in a moment." Midnight stated, leaning Bess against a shadowed wall of cave and handing her the spider woman's leg. Her emotions still flowing high from the prospect of being with her mate again, Midnight allowed the change to come over her and was soon lumbering into the thick of things.

Bellowing a mighty roar, Midnight charged from the darkness towards the ladybeetle and friends. Using surprise and her bulk to her advantage, Midnight hurled herself at the closest enemy* quickly adding another splat mark to this portion of cave.

(*probably the worm/naga guy if I got the map of this battle correct in my head.)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:45 am
Fer de Lance pulled to the left but the gobbet of acid grazed a wing, eating the tip away. Unable to control his fight he dropped, making a subtle adjustment to his form within the concealing armor of his chitin.

Bits of his carapace fell away as his new form burst from the old, usually his shifts were a fluid transition from one form to the next and encompassed his entire body, but he had learned the trick of shifting within his skin before shedding it while posing as a reptile. This way his new locust form appeared to be a metamorphosis from the wasp, keeping the same coloration and arms as well as the stingers. The main difference was the loss of two wings and the more powerful legs.

The assassin grimaced in pain, he rarely used that trick since it hurt like the dickens, but hopefully it would keep his secret safe. However as soon as he emerged he was in motion, throwing a heavy duty knife into a natural protrubance in the ceiling over the sentry beast.

"Jack Be nimble, Jack be quick."

The shapeshifter leaped towards the bump and somersaulted attempting to break it from the ceiling with a kick of his leg and send it crashing onto the beast.  

1ring42

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:34 pm
((I’d say you hit the mark. cat_whee ))

Viper 9000
1ring42

The tapeworm naga tried to fight against Midnight but with her sheer size and solid bulk he quickly found himself on the losing side of their battle. A hefty swing from her clawed paw sent him crashing into a wall with a juicy splat and he slid down, motionless.

The ladybeetle sentry took her fallen comrades' place, firing more stinger bolts from her weapon. She aimed one at Midnight's elbow and another at her paw. If she was injured, it would be harder to use those paws and shredding claws.

She gave a screech as a sentry beast flew across the tunnel and rammed into her, knocking her off her feet beneath the weight of the creature that was the size of a small pony. Her crossbow flew out of her grip, clattering onto the rough stone floor. Morning had finally dislodged one of his attackers, still trying to claw the other one off.

Bess flexed her fingers and wiggled her toes, starting to regain some of the feeling in them as the others battled guards and sentry beasts. She pushed herself off the wall with a soft grunt and stumbled to pick up the crossbow that had fallen at her feet. She was able to gather a bolt or two off the floor and she she loaded one into the crossbow. Straightening up, with the wall behind her to help her keep balance, she fired a bolt at the rhinoceros beetle guard as he started to charge towards Midnight. She growled in frustration as it bounced off his thick skin...but then it hit a wall and speared into the back of the sentry beast attacking Morning. Bess stared, agape. She couldn't believe her luck.

Morning tore off the sentry beast, its jaws taking some flesh and fur as he did so. A crossbow bolt had lodged in its back, making it release its locking bite just enough for him to rip it off and toss it at the rhino beetle that was charging towards his lover. He uttered a dark chuckle as he watched the beetle man stumble and throw the weight of the sentry beast, tossing it to the ground. His momentary distraction left him wide open to attack. "Take him down, sweetheart!" he yelled to Midnight, running towards the tunnel opening as he heard more guards.

The sentry beast that Fer de Lance was fighting snapped at him as he whizzed past it, sending out another spray of acid. Its attention was so focused on its target that it never realised its error as it moved to strike at him again and unknowingly stepped right under the hunk of stone above. Opening its jaws to send another stream of acid while preparing to lunge towards the locust-wasp, it let out a clicking growl - SPLAT! With a crunching crushing noise and a splash of greenish goo, the beast crumpled under the chunk of stone that landed on it.

And as soon as that happened, a spray of red glowing liquid shot past Fer de Lance's arm. Something else scuttled towards him, barbs shooting from stingers raised above its back. More sentry beasts had appeared, and they meant buisness!

Morning was preparing to face the collection of sentries he saw running towards him....letting Midnight finish off the rest, when suddenly, strips of pulsing light appeared on the roof of the tunnels and the entire structure started to vibrate with a low thrumming alarm sound. The sentries that had been dashing towards the fight changed course and the two beasts attacking Fer de Lance turned and scurried as fast as they could away from them. "What? The party's over already? Where's everyone going?" Morning bellowed in confusion.

But it didn't take a genius to work out what was happening. "Nnn! Nik'la!" Bess shouted, grinning lopsidedly (well, half her mouth was kinda numb), "Less-go!" Time to make their escape while everyone was hunting the scorpion down. She felt a twinge of worry for the woman, hoped she'd make it out. What she was doing for them was enormous sacrifice on her part. She'd never be able to go back to her tribe after this. Bess would ask Kilcarn what he thought about letting her stay at the Hoofed tribe for a while once they made it back. I wonder what she did to draw them off. Probably better not to worry about it at the moment.

Nikola's breath was coming in ragged gasps. Her feet pounded the stone of the tunnels and then the smooth polished stone tiles and floors and the silk-sands as she passed through each area. She was running harder than she'd ever remembered in her life, Fer de Lance's weapons jostling on her back as she did so. "S-sorry princess! Y-you'll have - to -forgive me! I p-promise I'll give you back as- as soon as I can!" she gasped, talking to the beauty of a young girl that lay in her arms.

The princess' multifaceted eyes blinked up at her, shifting colours briefly as she gripped on tightly to scorpion girl, her sheer satiny clothes billowing around them. "I - It's okay. I hope you'll be all right Sister!" She sounded scared, confused, but also worried for her dear 'sister', one of her most trusted friends. "Mummy doesn't like it when this happens"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:33 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Bellowed in pain as a crossbow bolt punched through the middle of her paw, Midnight spun sideways behind the beetle man as a second bolt clattered off the wall a heartbeat later.

Needing little encouragement to do so, Midnight wrenched open the beetle's back casing (that part that covers their wings) with her injured paw and dug into the soft unprotected flesh beneath with her teeth and other paw, mangling much of its chest cavity.

Adrenaline pumping through her veins, Midnight's form shifted slightly as her bear form became slightly more human in shape. (Human ---> Hybrid ----> Were-bear; hybrid is somewhere in between human and full werebear with aspects of both forms) "Don't know, don't care!" Snapping off a piece of the beetle's wing casing, essentially a makeshift shield, Midnight tromped over to Bess and helped support her again.

"Quick out the way you came!" Midnight commanded, nodding her head down the path she assumed Morning and friends had entered from.  

Viper 9000

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:43 pm
Viper 9000

Insect Tribe - Surrounding lands

The beetle fell to the ground of the cave in a messy slump, never to rise again. Whoever found his grisly remains was sure to think twice before challenging the escaping prisoners.

Morning nodded at Midnight's shouted command, his large bear jaws half open in a sharp grin. "Rrrr! It's this way. Follow me!" Morning growled back.

Clomping back the way he'd come, leading the way out, he glanced back over his shoulder occasionally to make sure Midnight was following.Dust and tiny rocks rained down on their heads as the entire complex shook with movement, and he could hear and smell many bodies both above and below ground swarming.

Morning didn't falter in his course though. He ran through the tunnels, splashed through underground streams, rounded corners, squeezed past columns and climbed up and down rocky slopes. The were-panda was able to follow the scent trail that led back out of the caves as easily as if it were glowing like the neon strips on the roof of the tunnels. The handful of guards or sentry beasts he encountered were mostly too distracted with their greater goal of doing their queen's wishes, so he was able to steamroll them out of the way.

A gust of fresh air blew down the tunnel they were running along, and Morning caught the scent of soil, trees, and the outdoors. A dim light began to grow brighter as they ran and soon, they were in the tunnel in the cliff where the wasp sentry had let Nikola, Morning and Fer de Lance in. Morning's paws shook the ground as he thudded along, panting heavily. He wasn't really made for running long distance. "Cliff up ahead" he panted, warning the others in a low rumble that failed to pass as a whisper with the words formed by his bear mouth.

Poof! Something exploded off the wall beside him and a gas spilled out, unfurling in a cloud of bluish-white like a thick fog. Morning looked up and squinted to see that a group of sentries were guarding the exit, probably all of the exits out of their territory, in order to stop them escaping. The mist bomb quickly obscured his vision however, and he lost sight of them as they moved to attack. Trying to detect them by scent, he realised the weird fog had done something to numb his sense of smell.

The opening of the cliff cave was right before them. Morning wanted to barrel through them and leap over the edge, but from what he remembered it was pretty far down and he couldn't risk Midnight making that jump in her current state. He might be able to push some of these insects over the edge though. They were not going to lose when freedom was so close. Morning swung an arm, catching someone or something with his giant paw and throwing them back. He heard a scream as they must have plunged over the cliff edge. "Clear path" Morning bellowed, grunting as something very much like a rock had hit him on the muzzle. He had a suspicion that these bugs could see through this mist somehow.

Nikola had escaped from one of the other exits behind a waterfall. The princess was still in her grip as she ran in the opposite direction from where she knew her friends must be escaping, pursued by probably half the tribe. Morning would have to had followed the scent trail that led back the way they got in, not knowing his way around the honeycomb of tunnels and caves, so this had been her best bet. Nikola looked for the old hollowed tree that she knew was somewhere in the forest this direction. Dodging a group of insect people who were following sentry beasts that had her scent, she dropped the princess off at the hollow giant tree, instructing her to hide. "Stay here. You'll be safe. They will find you" Nikola kissed the princess' forehead briefly, backing away. "Sister...has to go now"

"Big sister..." The fragile jewel like princess of the tribe was looking at her so earnestly that Nikola paused a second, listening to the sounds of her people that were getting closer, hunting her. The princess waited in the tree hollow silently, but her words echoed loud and clear in Nikola's mind. "I'll come and find you one day when I'm the queen. Stay alive until then"

Nikola smiled and nodded. And then she was running again, through the forest, intent on getting far away from the place she could never go back to. She just hoped the others had escaped like they planned.

Main Role Play Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff