Welcome to Gaia! ::

Purri Paradise!

Back to Guilds

A fantasy roleplaying guild based on a made up world and creatures. 

Tags: Neko, Fantasy, Roleplay, Sci-Fi, Lifestyle 

Reply Main Role Play Forum
RP Areas For Feline Tribe - 4. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:01 pm
Paw Paw Valley

Paw Paw Jungle

Deep forest 1, hot spring forest 2 - near waterfall

Here are the different areas which the Feline tribe inhabit. This is their territory. Of course, that doesn't mean allies or enemies can't visit.

This is where you can roleplay in Paw Paw Valley, (the valley with the pawprint shaped pool, surrounded by the circle of stony grey mountains near the oval lake. There are grassy plateaus and caves in and on the mountains which all belong to Feline tribe), Paw Paw Jungle (the piece of jungle just outside of Paw Paw Valley) The deep forest (the area of large forest near the human town, which the felines have claimed a bit of) and the forest with hot springs, in the waterfall area.

To indicate which area your characters are in during roleplay, write the name of the area clearly at the top of your post.

i.e
Paw Paw Valley

*text of your post goes here*  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:53 pm
Paw Paw Valley
Nabel's (well hidden) home

Nabel finally dragged herself in and shuddered. She needed sleep, and fast. She found her home, and entered it. She had to gently shake her head in order to clear it a bit. The branch that hit her took its toll on her head. She had a headache that didn't go away, even though she drank the water that Desert gave her and ate some food. "Must...contact...Dr....Kain...." She blacked out on her bed.  

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:02 pm
Incognita Ninja

Paw Paw Valley
Nabel’s Home

Some of the other feline people that lived in the valley had seen Nabel coming back into the village with herbs. They had sent her out to look for them and when she didn’t return, they got worried. When she did return, they were even more worried to see that she looked like she’d been dragged through a bush backwards. Even stranger, instead of giving the herbs to Persia, the lady who oversaw the tribe’s food supplies, (a lovely Persian type neko), she had slunk straight to her home without saying a word.

“Nabel, are you alright sweetie?” One of the women of the village was sitting beside Nabel, placing a cool cloth on her forehead. She heard Nabel groan softly and frowned. “It looks like she has a bad concussion” she whispered quietly to the other two ladies hovering in the room. “I hope Admiral gets back soon”

“Don’t worry, he’s one of the fastest messengers we have, he arrived this morning with news that the doctor is coming” another voice spoke up, coming from a head that had poked itself into the room. “Now will you please all get out of Nabel’s house. I’m sure she doesn’t need all three of you nosing around in her territory. Shoo, shoo!” the young lady flapped her hands at them, hurrying the women out the door and shutting it behind them, to much protesting and indignant retorts.

“Nyaa~!” she sighed in mock exhaustion, dropping to her knees beside her friend. “There, I shooed them out for you, those nosy old bags. Nabel, I don’t know what you get up to when you go out beyond the Territory but I sure hope you’re not in too much trouble with that double life you’re leading” she muttered. She reached over and gently stroked the cat girl’s ear tip, then paused and frowned. She pulled out a small burr, holding it up between finger and thumb, “What is this? A grass seed. We don’t get this kind here”  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:06 am
Paw Paw Valley
Nabel's home

Nabel open her eyes into slits and gave her friend a weak smile. "I had to go to the Hoofed tribe to get the herbs necessary. I found a friend there, one that helped me get here. Remember her? She's a Pegasus." Nabel closed her eyes, furrowing her brow in pain. She tried to get up, but was restrained. "The herbs. Persia needs them." She tried to curl up, but her body only made it half-way until it shuddered and straightened out. "Everything...hurts. Why does everything hurt?" She whispered the last bit. Talking was making her head hurt.  

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:38 am
Incognita Ninja

Paw Paw Valley
Nabel's home

Fria (Nabel’s friend), shook her head and pocketed the seed. “I thought so. We are low on supplies. I don’t know where else you could have found that many herbs,” she stated, dropping the bag she’d been looking through.

“These are good quality too. But I don’t think a bunch of herbs are worth risking life and limb for. Ah?” she tilted her head reflectively, placing a fingertip to her lip as her ears dipped back.

“Oh yeah, I think I do recall her. Desert Fire, right? I’d like to get to meet her. Ohh, no you don’t!” She restrained her friend when Nabel tried to rise out of bed, placing her clawed hands either side of her friend’s shoulders and gently pushing her back down. “You just rest and stay still. I’ll take these herbs to Persia. But I’m not going to leave you alone. I’ll wait till the doctor arrives” she admonished, firmly yet kindly.

“It hurts because you have a pretty big bump to the noggin, what’d you bump into anyway? A tree?” her friend giggled, toying with Nabel’s hair idly, plaiting it into little braids or running her fingers through it in soothing motions.

“Wow, you’re brave. All the way into another tribe’s territory” she smiled, he gaze fixed somewhere in the distance, while her long tail swayed slowly behind her.

She was a slender neko girl with hair and fur the colour of delicate sakura blossom, her hair done up in an interesting style.

Two longer strands hung down either side of her shoulders, the ends fitted with silver bells on ribbons, while the rest was tied back into a long ponytail, held by decorative chopsticks that had beads and little fish ornaments dangling off the ends.

Her pale pink feline eyes shifted over to Nabel and she got to her feet, taking some of the herbs out of the bag and going to the kitchen.

She soon came back with a drink made of water and the crushed herb juices. “Drink this for the pain, okay? And while you’re lying there, if you’re able to…want to tell me what happened?”

She perched beside Nabel’s bed again and helped her sip some of the medicine. Her beaded hair decorations swung and glinted as she leaned forwards, accompanying the soft tinkling of the bells in her hair.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:02 pm
Paw Paw Valley
Nabel's home

Nabel let her hair be played with. "Nya, thanks, Fria." She took the drink and drank a couple of sips, nothing more. "I was being chased, I think, by someone named Ceros. Or his guards. I can't remember." She turned over, trying to focus her eyes on Fria. "Fria, could you stop moving? It's hard enough trying to tell how I got hurt, you don't need to make it harder!" Nabel winced, and clutched her head. She shook her head at the drink. "I ran as fast as I could out of that place. I must've gotten hit by a tree. I honestly don't remember much." Nabel closed her blue eyes. "Nya, I'm sorry. I seem to be such a whiny-cat today."  

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:01 am
Incognita Ninja

Paw Paw Valley
Nabel's home

She only smiled at the thanks she received, “Don’t worry about it; just a sister looking out for her sister” She took the drink away once Nabel had swallowed what she could of it, placing it down on the bedside table. Even a small amount should help with the pain relief. The fresh herbs were very potent.

She listened to Nabel’s recount of events and bit her lip with a low growl. “I don’t like that Ceros. He’s the leader of the Hoofed tribe that occupies the Savannah and he’s set in his ways. I don’t think he listens to anyone but himself anymore. Mother told me that once, we almost conquered that territory but he took it back for them. I don’t know why they need it when they already have the grass plains near the large forest and the human tribe”

Her tail lashed for a moment as her ears flattened, her expression darkening. That is, until Nabel begged her to stop moving and she snapped out of it. “Oh! Oh, I’m sorry, I’ll try to sit still. That concussion must be making you woozy” she apologised, feeling bad. Fria offered up the drink again but Nabel shook her head at it so she put it back on the table with a sigh. She wished there was more she could do for her.

“Here I’ll get you another cold cloth” Fria went to change the cloth on Nabel’s forehead, dipping a new one in the ice water that sat in a basin nearby and replacing it ever so gently upon her brow. She smiled at Nabel’s words, sounding sympathetic in her reply “Aw, you’re not a whiny cat, you’re just a hurty-cat. Don’t beat yourself up. It was an accident”

A few hours later, there was a knock at the door. Fria got up to open it. A neko boy with mousy hair and matching silver-grey eyes stood there, dressed in the lightweight running garb of their job type. "The doctor has arrived" he said quietly.

"Admiral! You're back" She gave the messenger boy a relieved grin and a friendly hug, going to Nabel's kitchen and quickly grabbing the bag of herbs. "Well, now that you're finally back I need you to do one more thing. Can you take these fresh herbs to Persia? She needs to preserve them before they can wilt. That's all I ask. Then you can have a nice long rest. You deserve it"

Admiral remained expressionless, even after being released from her hug. He took the herbs she pressed into his hands and nodded silently before turning to leave on swift feet, making barely a sound. She knew she could trust him to take them straight to the persian feline.

Meanwhile, there was a commotion outside. Running footsteps could be heard as well as the chatter of some strangers with the rest of the villagers.

Two outsiders riding upon odd looking animals had just turned up and were asking to be led straight to Nabel.

Kain scratched his head nervously, wearing a placating grin. “Look I’m sorry I brought a vistor with me. I didn’t think it would be a problem. I know you don’t like any of the other tribes but Nabelin here has come with me to help out. She is er…” he glanced at Nabelin, trying to diffuse the situation.

Turns out that they weren’t happy with someone else being shown in to their top secret Paw Paw Valley without their consent. “She’s my new apprentice, in some ways” he persuaded, hoping they’d still let him in to see to the sick Neko girl he came here for. His Zinna snorted softly and lightly stamped a foot on the ground, almost like it was backing him up.

It had been a rushed journey the past few days and Kain really didn't need this, the patient could be in a serious condition by now! Not to mention being tired and travel stained from their travel over the plains, around the lake and finally climbing high into the mountainous area where the caves and plateaus of the tribe people's homes could be found. Kain mused on how cats liked to be in high places and observe everything.  
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:31 pm
Paw Paw Valley
Nabel's home

Nabel squeezed Fria's paw. "Thanks, sis." She closed her eyes. "I am tired. I need a nap." She managed a small laugh, and winced.
Nabelin took off her hood, revealing her pointed ears. "I am an Elf. Peaceful folk. Does the feline tribe not accept members of the Elven tribe anymore?" Her eyes glanced at the felines, who were shifting their paws nervously. Nabelin couldn't tell if they were truly nervous, or ashamed. "This doctor has a patient, and if he waits any longer, that patient could be dead. Do you understand? I am with the doctor; I observe what he does. Any problems?" Her eyes glinted when she held the reins to her Zinna tightly as she defended Dr. Kain.  

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:43 pm
Incognita Ninja

Paw Paw Valley

Fria arranged the blankets more comfortably around her sister, careful not to get her claws caught on the woven fibres. “You don’t need to thank me, meow. I know you’d do the same for me”

She frowned when Nabel mentioned she wanted to nap again “Can’t you stay awake a little bit longer? The doctor is here. You should at least stay awake to talk to him. Don’t nap yet” Fria suggested gently. She was trying to hide the worry in her voice. She knew it was strange for her sister to be so sleepy all the time. Her tail swayed anxiously and she reached up to flick at the dangling fish ornaments on her chopsticks (a nervous habit, or something she did when she was thinking). “I wish mum and dad were here. But they’re still on that trip getting fish from the lake” she sighed, getting up to stand watch restlessly at the front door.

She left it open and stood in the doorway, looking around at Nabel every once in a while. Her feline ears swivelled upright, cupping faint noises from the lower plateaus. “I can hear people coming towards us. I think they have Zinna!” Fria called softly, a soothing wave of relief washing over her. She ran outside and raised an arm to wave the travellers over. “Hey, you’re here to see the one with the head injury? She’s in here. Follow me”

The assorted feline personas clustered nervously around them and slinking around the perimeters started to murmur amongst themselves. Several gasps and exclamations could be heard when Nabelin revealed her face, along with a few hisses. Kain looked down quickly, hiding a chuckle at his companion’s address to their resistance.

A woman stepped away from the others. She had a rather flat nose, large luminous orange eyes and a mane of magnificent white hair to match her large, poofy tail. The tips of her claws were stained with a greenish substance. Her cat ears looked tiny where they peeked out from the bushel of snowy tresses, which were decorated oddly enough, with bushels of flowering herbs.

“Mrrrr, we only allow whom we choose into this valley. It’s a protected place. Any uninvited persons will be chased out of our territory, or worse.” She stared unblinking at the elven girl before sauntering saucily to Kain’s side and reaching out a delicate white hand to touch her fingertips to his knee.

“Is that right, doctor Kain? Is it true that this woman is your new apprentice?” she purred, pouting prettily. “You did not tell us of this. That wasn’t very nice of you”

Kain could feel the vein in his temple start to throb. He was losing patience with these nekojin and their protocols. However, he dared not remove the woman’s hand from his leg. That would be a bad misstep considering whom he was speaking with.

Shooting Nabelin a grateful look, he ad-libbed from what she’d provided. “Yes…she speaks truthfully. I suppose you can call her an apprentice while she accompanies me on my visits. But Persia, we didn’t come here to chit chat, now. Wasn’t it an urgent request? Please…let me see the patient” he stressed, leaning closer to talk to her. His eyebrows were knitted with concern and his voice carried a hint of impatience mixed with anxiety. This was wasting precious time.

Persia looked around at her fellow villagers, a silent understanding seeming to pass between her and them before she nodded consent. “All right then, but we will be watching the new one” she uttered a soft mew and gave them directions to Nabel’s home, then rose a hand and made a flicking gesture and the felines parted to let them through.

“Thank you!” Kain replied, somewhat exasperated, as he nudged his Zinna into flight, taking off up the mountain plateaus. When they got near, he saw a pink haired girl waving and shouting to them and dismounted, grabbing his medic supplies from his Zinna and handing her the reins. “Please be so kind as to tie up our animals. I will need to go straight to the patient”

Kain walked into Nabel’s home after kicking his shoes off, kneeling by her side. He set his satchel down, opening it up and beginning to examine her, starting a conversation at the same time. His tone was reassuring, confident. “Hello, Nabel, is it? That’s a pretty name. I’m the doctor they sent for. I’m here to help. My name is doctor Kain. May I take a look at you?” he greeted politely, smiling at her as he checked her pupils and asked questions, listening carefully to her responses, observing her reactions. “Looks like someone’s kept you awake for me. That’s good. Try not to fall asleep for a while, okay? That’s very important. How is your head feeling? Sore anywhere?” he pointed to his own head as he spoke, so she could get what he was saying.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:46 am
Paw Paw Valley

Nabelin stayed silent after she had spoken, and watched Dr. Kain intently. Once his Zinna moved forward, so did hers. "Shh, it's ok Natty." Nabelin whispered to Natty. Natty was acting up, and Nabelin wasn't well versed in the ways of the Zinna. She nudged Natty into flight, and Natty gleefully took off, following Dr. Kain's Zinna. Once they reached the paitent's home, Nabelin slipped off and landed on her feet, which left them stinging for a bit. She hugged Natty (who hugged her back in return), gave the reins to the light pink feline girl, and then followed Kain into the house. She tugged off her boots and then joined Kain by the neko's side. All this time she was quiet. No need for her to speak was her motto at times like this. She was in fact intently watching Kain, only flicking her eyes to see what was going on every once in a while.

Nabel sighed, and tried to relax in the blankets. Once the doctor came, she tried to focus on him. "Hello. " She tried to smile, but winced. "My head hurts here, here, and all across here." She lifted her paw/hand and showed Kain by touching his head. She touched both temples, and across his forehead to the back (as best as she could). "My head hurts too much." She squinted. "Are you moving? Could you stop? I can't seem to focus." True to her word, her eyes seem to be flicking back and forth back and forth among him, and the air to his left and right.

OOC: She had the "double vision" or "triple vision". Like when you cross your eyes, and you see double of an object.  

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:56 pm
Paw Paw Valley

((OOC: Right, got it, thanks. I thought that was what was happening with her but thank you for the clarification))

Kain continued the examination with Nabelin watching nearby, calmly going through a checklist of symptoms that matched with different things. Dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, headache…

He strongly suspected concussion but it didn’t hurt to be thorough just in case it was something else. He stayed still as the girl indicated where her pain was on him. “Okay, that’s good. And have you been sick or felt nausea at all since you bumped your head?” Kain kept talking to her, asking questions. He checked her pupils to see if they were uneven, before lightly grabbing her hand that was closest to him.

“Alright, now…squeeze my hand. I just want to see if you have any weakness on one side. Good…and the other one” That test over with, Kain gave her a comforting smile when she asked him to stop moving, sounding slightly amused. “I’ll do my best. I think it’s actually your vision that’s causing the movement though. It’s okay to close your eyes if you want to now. And let’s see the cause of the trouble…” He helped Nabelin to sit up a little and checked her head, finding a large bump where she’d been whacked by the branch. “Looks like that was one very ornery tree” Kain chuckled, wincing sympathetically as he rustled around with his medic’s kit and set about cleaning her wound, applying a clean bandage.

Eventually concluding his observations, the doctor gave a decisive nod, putting instruments back away in his satchel. He patted Nabel’s hand lightly, glancing towards his elven companion.

“It is a mild concussion” he told Nabelin, “She’s going to have to stay resting for at least a week. The villagers are not going to like this…but I’m going to stay here to keep an eye on her. I fear that you might be in for a bit of trouble during our stay though. Try to steer clear of Persia if you can” he chuckled again, this time nervously. The woman could be rather persuasive and opinionated. And…he had noticed that she acted odd whenever she was around him.

He then turned back to his patient, “Nabel, you have a concussion from that run-in with the tree. I want you to get lots of nice rest over the next few days. Take some pain relief when the headache bothers you too much and keep using those ice compresses. When you start to feel better and can get up, only do gentle, light activities, okay? Oh, by the way, it’s okay to go to sleep now if you want to. I’ll wake you up to check on you again in a quarter of an hour. I’m going to tell your friend to come back in now, so my assistant will watch you for a second”

With that said, he shot Nabelin a trusting glance then got up and went over to the door; walking outside to talk to Fria. Except the pink neko wasn’t outside. Kain frowned, looking first one way along the mountain path and then the other. “Now, where did she get off to?” Surely it couldn’t take that long to tie up a couple of Zinna.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:13 am
Paw Paw Valley

Nabel grimaced as she closed her eyes. "Thanks doc." She slowly opened one eye. "Oh. Good to know." She closed that eye and fell into a deep sleep. A week of rest wouldn't hurt, would it? Nabelin nodded and started to sing a gentle Elven lullaby. "It's gonna be alright. You'll see." Nabelin said in soft Elvish. Leaving for a bit, she grabbed a couple of blankets and put them around Nabel and herself while she waited for Kain to come back.

Natty threw her head up in terror. She got spooked by an unknown figure, and was dragging the poor light pink neko girl by the rein. "Weeeemmeeeee!" Natty cried out, terrified. She turned around and around until she was lost in the mountain trail. She stood still, her eyes rolling wildly and her scales shining with sweat. She let herself be led, her head drooping.

((I don't know what a Zinna sounds like, but hopefully I got it right.))  

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:35 pm
Paw Paw Valley

((They make a variety of different noises, so that should be all right))

Kain was puzzled; scratching his head trying to figure out where in the world the other nekojin had gone. She should have been back by now. He hesitated, glancing back at the slightly open door before gently leaning over and pulling it closed with a soft snap. The room needed to be kept dim and quiet.

Choosing the path to the left, which sloped and winded back down the mountains, Kain began to walk in search of her. But before he’d got very far, a terrified Zinna cry echoed through the mountains, making him whirl on his heel. He stopped for a moment, straining to listen.

“What was that?” Kain started to run back the way he’d come, this time heading along the right path that led higher into the mountains, past homes built into the side of them and up to a scenic wild area. He found the cause of the ruckus quick enough, but wisely stayed back out of the way. Panting and out of breath, Kain doubled over, hands on knees as he tried to regain some stamina, thinking what to do.

“Zinna, no! No…come, Natty! We have to get away!” Fria’s knuckles were white on the fabric reins as she tried to hold onto the creature while it fought and jumped to get away. Blood trickled from her palms where her claws had dug into them yet she hung on determinedly. She wasn’t about to let Natty go, not even after being dragged halfway up the mountain. Unfortunately the blue Zinna had taken off and run all the way back down the mountain but at least it would be safe there.

Because hovering overhead was an enemy – a white harpie creature that cast a tremendous shadow upon the ground, whipping up gusts of air with every beat of its grand feathered wings. It shrieked an eagle’s cry, it’s serrated beak opened fiercely and its golden eyes flashing.

The harpie raked past them with outstretched talons, swooping low over the pair and making a grab for them as its long feathered tail buffeted Fria into Natty, making them both stumble.

It must have come from the snowy tundra, Fria thought. Or maybe it was one of the few that lived atop these mountains, making their nests in the cool white peaks. When food was scarce, they would hunt people and animals. They were also highly territorial, attacking those who came too close to their territory. Some of the flying tribe members had managed to tame a few, though, and as they were enemies with the nekos, it wasn’t unheard of for them to sic their harpie pets upon them…especially half-harpie persons, who seemed to form connections with the creatures.

Fria didn’t know where this particular one came from. She bit back a frightened sob as the harpie flew over them again, this time leaving a long series of scratches along her arm as she threw it up to protect her head and ears. She heard Natty scream, but couldn’t see what was happening past the hair that swept into her face in the gust of icy wind. But she couldn’t let go of the elf lady’s mount or the harpie would scoop it up in a heartbeat~!

“Someone help!” Fria called out desperately, her voice strained with panic, wishing she could let go of the Zinna’s reins to set off one of the small emergency flares she carried. She hissed as menacingly as she could at the harpie, growling loudly with her fur stood on end. "FssSSSs-SPPPT!! MEeowr!" Another cry from Natty alerted her to the fact that she was probably scaring the Zinna more.

“Shh, Natty, shhh” Natty calmed somewhat, perhaps out of exhaustion yet Fria still couldn’t lead her to safety, as the harpie had seen which way they were going and repositioned itself so it was blocking the way back down the trail.

Hiding behind a rocky outcrop and racking his brains, Kain shook his hands in the air, fingers clawed as he threw a small fit of frustration. What should he do? There had to be something!

Sensing a massive prescence nearby and hearing the flapping of wings, he shifted to peek around the rocks as a huge gust of wind surged around the pass. Several rocks slithered and rattled loose and Kain accidentally slipped, falling backwards with a sudden thump as the breath was knocked out of him. His hands shot out to steady himself and Kain winced as he felt bruises and scrapes from the fall, heart hammering with fear. He was scared that the harpie would notice the disturbance. Luckily, it was too focused on Fria and Natty.

He sat up again in the clearing dust cloud and lifted a misshapen hunk of rock had dug into his palm, about to toss it away. But then he held onto it. That was it! He had an idea.

Kain leaned out from his hiding place. He could see the harpie’s back facing him and beyond it were Fria and Natty. In a split second decision, he took aim…and tossed the rock as hard as he could at the Harpie’s back, (he would have aimed for the head but the beating wings were in the way, making it a risky shot). He had to distract it away from the others.

When the rock connected, a screaming shriek ripped out of the beast’s throat, so shrill and resonant that it made Kain’s ears ache.

The harpie instantly swung around, spotting the attacker with a glare.

It dove towards him with another cry and Kain blanched and cursed. “Oh, shoot!”

Without his mind having anything to say about it, his body took off running, sprinting recklessly down the mountain path, harpie in hot pursuit.

“Ahhhhhhh!” Kain shouted, terrified for his life.

Well, at least now Natty and Fria were safe. Unless there were more harpies around.

Little did they all know, there was also a commotion going on down in the valley, where Shai had run off to. (Shai is Kain’s Zinna. Just thought of it’s name then).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:52 pm
Paw Paw Valley

Natty ran for her life, and for Fria's too. She skidded as she turned around. She waited, waited, waited, and then when the moment was right, she bit the harpy on her wing, tearing out some pinion feathers. "Pwee!" She snorted and then nudged Kain up on her back. Once he got settled, she shot off like a cannonball down the mountain side. She couldn't see well anymore due to a scratch that the harpy left over her eye. She started to whistle and tweet softly, finding her way into the village, and trying to locate Shai. Her sides shuddered as she took in a breath, re-opening wounds that the harpy inflicted. Her gem glowed softly.

The nekos grabbed their things from the marketplace as Shai ran into various stalls. "Persia! This Zinna trampled my doll!" A neko kitten wailed as she held her broken doll and pointed to a now calm Shai.
"Pweee?" Natty whistled, her nose lifted to smell for Shai.

Nabelin curled around Nabel, fast asleep. She had put herself to sleep with the same lullaby. Traveling while still somewhat sick is not always a good idea.  

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:42 pm
Paw Paw Valley

Fria stood, shaking, as she watched the crazy human take off running down the mountain trail with a harpie on his heels. She shook her head, marvelling at the bravery (or was it stupidity?), of their rescuer. It mattered little, since at least they weren't in danger of becoming the harpie's next meal now.

Fria gingerly climbed up on Natty's back, her intention to lead the injured animal at a slower pace after the two, yet Natty seemed to have other ideas. "No, wait, stop! What are you doing?" Fria cried, but Natty didn't seem to be listening.

Instead of staying behind while the thing chased Kain down, Natty took off after it, running full speed ahead and taking a fork in the trail that would lead out futher down the path (a short cut). Amongst the mad jingling of her hair decorations, Fria heard a rip from the fabric of the reins. She flung an arm around her mount's neck in case they tore entirely, having no desire to go rolling off down the side of a mountain with a steep drop.

She jerked sharply as the Zinna shot out of the side trail back onto the main one, right when Kain and his pursuer were going past and stopped to rip out some of the prey beast's pinion feathers. Odd behaviour for a Zinna, thought Fria. Natty was rather plucky! She patted Nabelin's Zinna on the neck gratefully and whispered her praises, "Good girl Natty, that's very good!"

The harpie faltered, screeching in pain as it's flight feathers were torn out. It shuddered and shrieked, flying into the side of the mountain with a crunch.

Taking the opportunity while the harpie was stunned, Kain accepted Natty and Fria's help to scramble onto the Zinna's back, panting raggedly. He circled his arms around Fria's waist as the Zinna took off again, leaning against her back slightly. He could taste blood, still hear the rhythm of his heart pounding in his ears. Right now, he was glad to still be alive and have all his limbs.

Fria didn't protest at being leaned against or held on to, she really didn't mind. She looked around when they made it back into the valley and uttered soothing words to poor Natty, stroking her side and neck gently. "Good girl, you're looking for the other Zinna now, aren't you?" she murmured, staring at the glowing gem on Natty's forehead which meant she was sending out communication signals to the other one.

"She is too. I don't know how she knew where my Zinna went. But she seems to be onto his trail" Kain agreed, looking around at the village stalls as they wandered into the marketplace. "It looks as though Shai has definitely been here" he sighed, placing a hand to his forehead and groaning. Good thing he was going to be staying here for a while. He'd have to help repair all the damage.

Hearing a commotion down a side street of the marketplace, Kain slithered off Natty's back to go and investigate, running over to see a crowd gathered around the white feline woman known as Persia, and a rather subdued looking Shai standing next to her. A neko kitten was crying beside Persia on the ground, holding a broken doll.

"There you are. Come here" Kain commanded firmly yet gently and gave a soft whistle.

Shai raised his head, returning Natty's call as his gem filtered blue light in return to her call. "Pwii!" he called back sadly.

The creature ambled over to his master, taking large steps that dragged its feet while its head hung low to the ground. It tickled Kain's boots with its feelers with sorrowful whistles and croons. Shai knew he was in trouble. The people here seemed angry or upset with him. He could sense the emotions simmering and hear the tones in their voices.

"Shai, that was bad. Very bad!" Kain chewed his lip unhappily. He didn't like to reprimand Shai but with all of the disgruntled tribespeople, he had to say something to apologise for the Zinna's actions. Lookng up at Persia, he started to speak, "I'm sorry. I promise to help you repair any damage my Zinna has cost you but I must let you know that there was a good reason for it. He escaped because they got startled by a harpie up in the mountains. It wasn't their fault or Fria's fault. Also, we're not sure if the harpie is still around. It was stunned in the mountail trail by Nabel's home but it may decide to come down here"

Main Role Play Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff