Welcome to Gaia! ::

Purri Paradise!

Back to Guilds

A fantasy roleplaying guild based on a made up world and creatures. 

Tags: Neko, Fantasy, Roleplay, Sci-Fi, Lifestyle 

Reply Main Role Play Forum
RP Areas For Feline Tribe - 4. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:56 pm
Paw Paw Valley

The villagers gasped, as harpies were feared by everyone in their tribe. The neko kitten wiped her eyes and then looked at Nabelin's Zinna, and saw how many injuries she had. She looked at Persia with questions in her eyes. "Persia? Do you have any salve for this 'Inna?" She pointed to Natty, who was nipping Shai gently. "Crii." Natty crooned, rubbing her head on Shai's neck. Her gem glowed softly. She turned her head so she could see him out of her right eye, the left one being covered with drying blood. A male neko nudged his friend. "Looks like there might be some eggs from those two Zinnas. Don'cha think?" His friend nodded his assent. The neko kitten went up to Natty and just stared at her in awe. Even though Natty was a bit bloodied, and had feathers stuck to her, she was an impressive sight. She turned her attention from Shai to the kitten, and she nudged her. Gently gripping the kitten's shirt, she lifted her up and put her on her back in the saddle. She let go, and the kitten gripped the saddle. "Look 'ma, look Persia! I'm riding a 'Inna!" Natty giggled somewhat and turned back to gently nipping Shai's neck. She crooned and whistled her admonishments to Shai.

Nabelin woke up after her small cat nap. She looked around, and noticed how dark it was. Finding matches and candles, she lit a few and placed them around so that they lit up the room. She gently woke up Nabel, and gave her some water. Nabel drank from the cup, realizing how thirsty she was. She didn't noticed the pain medication going down that Nabelin slipped in.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:48 pm
Paw Paw Valley

Fria had dismounted Natty’s back once the Zinna caught up to Shai and now held onto Natty’s broken reins, using her left arm as her right one was badly injured from the clawing of the harpie. She tried not to look at it, feeling nauseous whenever she did so. She was beginning to grow pale and tight lipped from the pain and loss of blood but she took the opportunity to grab Shai’s reins as well, not wanting any more runaway zinna. She leaned against Shai’s side, blinking slowly as her head started to swirl. She should probably go and lie down, she thought. But not until she had the zinna taken off her hands. She’d speak up in a minute. She just wanted to hear what Persia was saying. She moaned softly.

Shai gently licked at Natty’s bloodied hide, trying to help clean the area around her eye. His gem glowed brightly next to hers and he crooned back with pitying noises, nudging against her in affection.

He leaned around her and whistled at Fria, licking the neko’s cheek. Both of them had been injured.

Persia’s orange orbs had pinned Kain to the spot while he spoke. “Ohh, so it’s a harpie, doctor Amaranth” She meowed, sounding intrigued.

“Thank you for informing us of this matter. I know you will do your best to help repair the damage to this marketplace, meow. No one will be blamed for the escaped Zinna. You need not reprimand it since it acted out of fear”

Kain didn’t like the way she was looking at him. He wondered just what he’d have to do to repay the damage caused to their village and he knew Persia had ideas in mind. He coughed slightly, feeling a little like a bug under her never-blinking gaze, “Of course I will. Whatever you need” It was surprising he hadn’t seen Fria’s injury yet. Then again, they had both been focusing on other things.

This brought another smile to Persia’s face “Good” she replied softly. She raised a hand and silenced the whispering people, turning to the kitten that had asked her about salve for Natty.

“Yes, my lovely kitten, thanks to our Nabel, I have plenty of fresh herbs to make the healing salve. And we will fix your dolly too” she promised, petting the kitten on the head before she addressed the rest of the people.

“The doctor has brought us some bad news. However, I think we all know that there are harpies up in our mountains. The fact that one has come so close will need to be investigated” she stated calmly, her tail lashing side to side at the thought of the hated creatures in their valley. The kitten’s mother ran up and took her down from Natty’s back, holding her close. “Get down from there, what’s going to happen if that zinna runs off with you?” she scolded.

“In a way, it could be considered a good thing that they ran into the harpie up there because it may have been trying to sneak into our valley. Now that we know about it, we can do something about it. I will set sentries around the village and the entrance to the mountain path and I must ask my darlings, that all of you keep your kittens and elderly members inside the house with you. Do not venture anywhere alone. Carry flares with you at all times. Especially avoid open areas and high up places where you will be an easy prey and do NOT go into the mountains! If you have a home up there, you will need to stay in the houses in the valley tonight or in the hall. My house is open to all who can fit”

A red haired woman called out from the crowd, holding a basket full of fish, and standing beside a white haired man who also held a similar basket. “But we have to go back, Persia, our daughter Nabel is still up there with the stranger. That elven woman” she pointed out with her feline ears flattened, “And the doctor must keep looking after her”

“Please, we haven’t been able to see Fria or Nabel all day because we had to get fish for the food stores. We must be allowed to go to them” the man said, supporting his wife’s decision.

Fria chimed in when she heard and saw her parents were among the crowd. She called out weakly, “Mum, dad, you can trust Nabelin. She’s helping Nabel…she-she’s doctor Kain’s apprentice. Oh! And the harpie was near…near…Nabel’s house” she said weakly, closing her eyes and leaning heavily against Shai.

Shai tried to support Fria’s weight, crooning at her and licking her arm.

Now Persia noticed Fria’s wound and so did Kain. He went over to her side.

Persia made her decision quickly. “I will not allow anyone to travel up that mountain with a harpie in the vicinity. Ginger, Rake, take these zinna and tie them up in the store house building, feed them, give water and treat their wounds” she instructed two of the nekos. They quickly took the zinna off Fria and led them away.

Kain went to Fria and helped her to sit down, as she looked on the verge of collapse. He felt terrible that he didn’t see the scratches on her arm before now.

“Doctor Kain will you see to Fria’s injury and her parents will go with you. Take her to my house where I will have plenty of healing salves. Blood and wounds will only attract a hungry harpie and she is not to go anywhere near that mountain, do you hear me? Unless it is an absolute emergency, no one can go up there!”

The look that Persia gave dared anyone to defy her.

She dispatched guards from the crowd to stand watch around the places she mentioned, especially the path. Then she dismissed everyone else.

The nekos departed quickly to their houses, whispers carrying around the village, while Kain took Fria and followed her parents, who led him to Persia's abode.

Nabel probably couldn’t hear the thumping, scurrying sounds outside her house if she was sleeping again but the she-elf should have detected them easily. While everyone was down in the village with Persia and Kain, the sun had begun to dip behind the mountains and the shadows had lengthened. It got dark earlier up in the mountainns as the light slowly faded from the tops and eventually, the valley below.

The stunned harpie had taken it’s time to recover. Scrabbling its way towards the scent of living flesh, it climbed slowly down the mountainside towards Nabel’s home and settled on a ridge above the door.

Sniffing the medicinal painkillers, candle wax and smoke that drifted from the cracks around the wooden portal, it crept closer down the mountain, treading stealthily as it could while its injured wing dragged uncomfortably.

It was way out of its territory but these smells had got its interest. Rather than turning back, the wounded creature decided to investigate, the hope of a meal making up for its terrible day.

It crouched in wait above the door, where it would be able to snap up anyone who came outside to investigate. Unable to fly because of its lost pinions, it deployed this crafty hunting strategy. Nabelin would have to be very careful not to become harpie fodder. If she could get a glimpse of its leg, though, she would see it had a ring attached; a leg ring with a symbol of two wings on it.

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:00 am
Paw Paw Valley

Nabelin picked up her bow and arrows, hearing those sounds with her keen ears. She notched an arrow to the bowstring, opened the door, edged out and pulled the bowstring taunt. She kicked the door shut and trained the arrow at the harpy. With her eyes emotionless, she let go of the bowstring and let the arrow fly. The harpy let out it's final cry as it fell to the ground. Nabelin inspected the harpy and noticed the ring around the leg. She smoothly got it off (not describing it, as it would make some people lose their lunch), threaded it on a string, and then moved it off the path where the sentries would see it, the arrow still in its body. She would talk to Kain when he came back. She opened the door to go back in and breathed a sigh of relief. For the meantime, Nabel and her were safe. "Nabel? What would you like to eat?" Nabelin cradled Nabel's head, speaking softly to reduce her head pain. "Hm.... I would like some fish cakes. There are some in the freezer." Nabel purred, the headache reduced to a very dull throb. Nabelin nodded and sat her against the soft chair. "I'll go and fix us some. Dr. Kain should be back soon." Nabelin went into the kitchen to fix supper and soon she came back out. She put the plate down and gave Nabel some more water to drink. "Here, drink some more water." Nabelin handed Nabel the cup of water and Nabel gratefully drank some. "Here's the food. Don't wolf it down! Take slow bites." Nabelin closely watched her charge through slitted eyes and once Nabel was done, she began to eat.

Natty whistled and crooned to Shai to keep her distracted from the throbbing pain in her left eye. She flet a smooth, comforting halter put on her, and she stopped shifting. She laid down and let the two nekos, Ginger and Rake take care of her wounds. When they cleaned her eye, she edged closer to Shai, while issuing a warning whistle. "Pwii!" She noticed that Shai had one a halter just like hers, only it was different color. Taking advantage of Natty being distracted, the two nekos finished cleaning her eye. Natty found after a bit, that she could still see out of her left eye, but not as well. "Pwi?" She nosed the food that was put out in front of her and only took small bites, even though she was hungry! Finally, her hunger won over and she started to take bigger bites. Once she was done drinking, and curled next to Shai, and dozed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:47 pm
((You…ah, weren’t supposed to kill that harpie. Lol.
I’d like to be able to have the monsters react to your attacks, so if you can write the posts more open-ended, such as saying that she shot the arrow towards it, rather than saying that it actually hit, it gives us more options. We’ll just go with what happened for now

EDIT: I forgot to say how Kain got past the guards at the entrance to the mountain path but just ask him and he'll tell whoever asks. Lol.))

Paw Paw Valley

The door flung open while they were eating dinner and a scruffy looking man slipped into the room before slamming it shut again. He bolted it closed with shaking hands, turning towards the two women in the home.

“Nabelin, Nabel, I’m glad you’re both safe” Kain gasped, wiping sweaty strands of hair from his eyes.

Walking into the kitchen and getting a glass of water, he gulped it down then drank another, slowly catching his breath.

“I…I ran all the way here” he laughed tiredly, flopping down on one of Nabel’s chairs. “Snuck out. Persia will be mad when she finds that I’m gone but there was…no way…I’ll leave Nabel unattended” Which is why he’d locked the door. He explained that Fria was safe but injured and he’d spent the last half hour patching up her arm and that the rest of the village was on lockdown, more or less.

“Unfortunately, Persia’s got Shai and Natty being taken care of in the stable, so I’m not able to ride him. I saw what you did to the harpie by the way” he grimaced, slumping back in the chair with his eyes closed now, holding the half-drunk glass of water limply. “Might want to move that before somebody trips over it” It was still lying dead on the path outside Nabel’s front door, with a missing leg, oddly enough.

Ahh, what he wouldn’t give right now for a shower and a nice, long rest. Actually, he felt like he could fall asleep here, if the blasted chair wasn’t so uncomfortable. “Mmnfh” Kain grumbled and opened his eyes, sitting up again with a sigh. He should check on Nabel and see how she was doing. His sweaty, dishevelled appearance could wait.

“Oh, I see you’ve had something to eat. That’s good” he blinked, noticing the tray of fish cakes and glancing towards Nabelin curiously. He didn't think elves would like that sort of food.

Shai communicated with Natty while her eye was being cleaned, sending signals of soothing images and thoughts to her through their link; pictures of food, being petted, running in a meadow....

He nuzzled her neck softly and licked her smooth scales.

When they were given food, he ate a few mouthfuls, then glanced up at Natty, nuzzling her whenever she stopped eating.

Shai made a high pitched whining sound and nosed his remaining food over to Natty, giving it to her.

He took a drink after she had her fill of the fresh water the nekos put out for them and then curled up beside his fellow zinna, twining his tail with hers.
“Pwii” he crooned, giving Natty one last lick before she fell asleep.  

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:44 am
((Sorry! I'll do better next time. xD))

Paw Paw Valley

Nabelin shrugged. "Food is food, whether or not I like it, especially on the road." She nudged the plate towards Kain. "I had enough and so has Nabel. Please Kain, eat something before you examine Nabel again." Nabelin relaxed in her chair and dozed off, even though she took a nap earlier. Nabel put a paw in the air to trace an imaginary patter. She flicked her eards and looked at Kain, the pain returning. She looked away and closed her eyes.

Natty slept soundly against Shai's side, giving some much needed rest to her body. While she dreamed, she gently whistled and nudged Shai a bit.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:20 pm
"Hm, guess you're right" he acknowledged, lumbering up out of the chair with a stretch and a yawn. "Fish is healthy enough"

He ignored the plate she pushed toward him, waving a hand at the now cold and soggy looking food. "Thank you for the offer but I did come here to see my patient. I'll eat once I know she's all right" Thus, bypassing the fish cakes, he knelt next to Nabel again, who looked like her head was still throbbing.

He heard no argument from his Elven companion but the doctor paid it no heed. He was too preoccupied to notice she'd fallen asleep on a chair. "So, Nabel, still in a bit of pain?" he inquired casually, starting to take off her bandages. He inspected the wound and cleaned it, then applied a new dressing and re-bandaged. He'd noticed her drawing shapes in the air, probably due to the bump on her head, or perhaps it was a personal quirk the girl had. Kain ran through the simple tests he'd performed earlier, shining a small light in her eyes as he checked her pupils' dilation and then taking one paw then the other. "Squeeze my hand as hard as you can. Okay, now the other one" Once the check-up was over, he left another cup of medicine for her to drink before telling her to get more rest.

"Okay, I'm going to take a shower and get some sleep. I'll stay out here just in case someone comes to pay us a visit" he told Nabelin, looking around the small home to see where she had gone and spotting her asleep on the soft couch chair. Kain smiled tiredly, covering her with a hand woven blanket he found.

Some while later, the fish cakes had been cleared away, along with the dishes, and Kain was asleep on Nabel's couch, which he had dragged near to the door.  

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:56 pm
Paw Paw Valley

Nabelin curled up under the blanket. Her mind was blank at the moment, but it was soon to be filled with a nightmare.

Something was chasing her. It breathed fire out of its nose, and its footsteps were the very shudders of earth. She squealed in fright and ran even faster, well, as fast as elven legs can take her. She leaped over fallen logs and fell over some that she didn't see. Picking herself up, she tried to run, but the very being of that beast frightened her and froze her to the spot. The beast got closer and closer until she could smell the acrid smoke coming from the fire. She coughed as she took in more than she should've. The monster took a hold of her shoulders, picked her up and shook her. Its hands burned her skin and the monster threw her down. "Unnh!" She cried in pain as her body came into contact with the ground. She got up and started to fight the monster, whipping out her sharp knives. She went into her defensive stance, but the monster knocked her knives out of her hands. She resorted to her fists, pummeling the creature wherever she could find an opening.

Even though she was dreaming, she didn't realize that she was hurting Kain, who had noticed her distress and excessive moving. Usually she wasn't this much trouble, but her nightmares were a continuing thing, occurring at least once a week or more. Someone grabbed her wrists and that's when she woke up. "W-what happened?" She whispered, noticing that her wrists were held together. The blanket was wrapped around her, effectively trapping her.

Nabel was asleep after she took the pain medication. She only drew patterns in the air to keep her mind active while she was waiting. Now that she had the medicine in her, she was able to rest easy. A blanket covered her, and she had turned over on her stomach and was cuddling her pillow.

((Not much to write about Nabel, as she is asleep))  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:27 pm
Feline Tribe - Nabel's House

It was the wee hours of the morning when something had awoken him. Sounds of moaning and someone thrashing around in their sleep. Kain fumbled for his glasses which he'd left on the floor, just underneath the couch so that they wouldn't be stepped on. He quickly jammed them on and scrambled over to Nabelin. She looked like she was having a nightmare, about to roll off the edge of the chair at any moment and land on the swept stone floor.

Kneeling on the edge of the chair, Kain held her shoulders just firmly enough to keep her in place but she twisted and flailed all the more. "Nabelin, Nabelin, wake up...can you hear me?" he spoke softly, trying to avoid startling her while also not waking Nabel. A glance in the cat-girl's direction told him she was sleeping soundly, nestled into her pillow like a cuddle-toy.

But it was difficult to remain quiet when he was being hit out at and kicked at.

"Nabelin...Nabel-ah!" Kain grimaced as the elf got a good whack in, setting his glasses askew. He backed up instantly, rubbing the side of his face and resetting them before gritting his teeth and grasping her wrists, sitting on her legs to stop her from kicking. "There we go...now wake up!" he commanded her, huffing slightly as he looked down at the dishevelled elf girl. He watched as she stirred and looked up at him, waking enough to ask what had happened.

"You were having a nightmare. A pretty bad one too by the looks of things. I didn't want you to hurt yourself" he told her firmly, trying not to wince at the sting of blood on his cheek and jaw from where her nails scratched the skin. "That, and we don't need to wake up my patient" Faint smudges lined under his eyes and his feathery hair stuck up in places or flopped untidily over his eyes. He was still half-asleep, shirt crumpled and unbuttoned half way and one sleeve scrunched up his left arm.

A soft zinna cry echoed in the distance, high pitched and drawn out, like a curlew's call, though it sounded more wheezy. Kain was too preoccupied with Nabelin at that point to pay it much heed.

The crunch of footsteps pattered...or maybe that was birds hopping around on the roof outside. The dawn chorus was just beginning and fluttering of wings and various calls began echoing around the mountain plateaus.  

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:50 am
Feline Tribe- Nabel's House

Nabelin started to cry right then and there. She hugged Kain and buried her head in his chest. Something about him made her feel more...safe. That she could trust him. "I-I-I-I'm sorry! I-I-I didn't mean to *hic* hurt you." Her body was still shaking even though the nightmare was over. The words came out muffled, since her head was still buried in his chest. She was crying and probably soaking his nightshirt with her tears. She bawled all the harder when she realized that she was soaking his shirt with tears. "My half-brother told me about a Balrog that he saw in a mine. He said it breathed fire, and it took a companion with it when it fell. Now, I have nightmares almost every week about it."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:46 pm

Kain backed off, releasing her wrists as he sat up, giving her room to move. He watched tears well in her eyes and begin streaking down her cheeks, taken by surprise when she leaned forward and hugged him.

He stayed still, allowing her to cling to him and cry out her emotions. He knew that people were often in need of comfort after an unpleasant experience, a way to recover. Plus the girl was still half awake besides. He’d just happened to be the first thing she saw to cling on to, Kain reasoned.

He hesitated, thinking over what to do. There were various strategies people used to help calm someone down after such an episode, but which should he use? His patient was crying right now which mean she still needed reassurance. Recalling the interactions of a mother with her small child who’d visited his clinic before he left, he raised a hand and rubbed her back, alternating that with stroking her hair. “It’s okay, you’re safe now. It was all just a dream. No matter how real it was, it can’t hurt you” he explained kindly. “The subconscious can be awfully convincing sometimes” he smiled, knowing all too well the power of the human brain.

“No need to apologise; you didn’t hurt me and even if you did, it wasn’t intentional. I’ve dealt with much worse from some of my clients. I’m used to being beaten up” Kain joked softly, despite the discomfort of the lukewarm dampness soaking through his shirt to his chest from her tears. He listened to her explanation in silence, carefully trying to decipher the sobbed and muffled words.

“You know, I don’t think there are any balrogs in this world. At least, none living in the mountains under Nabel’s home” he pointed out matter of factly, looking down at her. “But we probably do have other things. That doesn’t mean that they’re out to get you though. If you want, I can give you some strategies to use for reducing nightmares and bringing good dreams”

His shirt was really saturated, Kain realised. Without thinking, he used the dry sleeve that wasn’t rolled up and gently wiped her face, not caring if he got snot or anything else on it. “Sorry I don’t have any tissues. But this part of my shirt’s still dry” Ah, he was so logical. And rather clueless. But at least he was kind.

THWACK!

Without warning the door of Nabel’s home splintered open with an almighty crash, broken off its hinges. The neko guards who had blown the door ajar retreated and there stood Persia, her white hair and fur crackled on end like a static halo of fury. “So this is where I find you!”

“Pwee, pwirr!” A Zinna’s cry sounded behind her, making it known that Shai and Natty had been brought with her.

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:38 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Nabelin sniffed and nodded.
"I would like that very much." Her head bolted upright at the sound of the door crashing in. She stood up to her full height and smoothed back her hair. "I wasn't doing anything. I had a nightmare, and Kain was kind enough to help me. He came back to check on his patient." Nabelin gestured to the still sleeping Nabel.

Nabel shifted and slowly woke up. "Mmm? Persia? What are you doing here?" She rubbed her eyes and slowly sat up. "What's all the commotion?" Nabel yawned, her ears flattening. She shook her self out, stopping to clutch her head. Her fur stuck out in several places, showing what sleeping positions she slept in.

Natty shifted a bit closer to Shai, feeling a bit unsettled. The incident with the harpy had left her feeling more jittery. She pulled against the soft halter and she whistled again. "Pwwwwiiiiii!" It almost sounded like an alarm call, but not quite.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:50 pm
Incognita Ninja

Feline Tribe - Nabel's House

He didn't need glasses to know who that was.

Kain scrambled back away from Nabelin, pushing her away from him with a soft shove as he turned to face Persia. He knew she'd be angry that he disobeyed her orders. He just wondered what she had in store for him. There's bound to be a punishment. Persia likes to keep everyone firmly under her paw and in line. But I still have a village to help repair. Hope whatever it is doesn't take too much time. "Good morning Persia" the doctor greeted calmly, keeping his tone mild mannered and cheerful, despite the rather forbidding scene blocking the only exit. Even blurry, he could make out the glower on her face. He moved to retrieve his glasses from underneath the couch, feeling around for them and putting them on.

"A good morning for whom?" the woman's reply was icy, her full, thick tail switching to and fro. Two fabric reins were clutched in her hand with an air of purpose. "For the harpies? Because I am going to feed you to them!"

She glared at the Elven girl, ignoring her outburst but slyly commenting. "Your apprentice must be incompetent if you have to come back up here and help her. And I think you should tell her you can speak for yourself" Persia spat, giving Nabelin another look of haughty dislike.

"Have you any idea what you've done Dr Amaranth? Set a bad example for the entire village. I have no idea how you managed to get past my guards at the entrance to the trail but let me assure you; it won't happen again"

She sighed and a sultry pout shifted over her features as she looked at her claws on the other hand, flexing them slowly. "You know, if an outsider can disobey my orders and get away with it without punishment, what is stopping other people from going up the mountain, meow? What's stopping the rest of this tribe from starting to think I'm not worth listening to anymore, meow? That Persia has gone soft and she isn't the strong leader they thought she was, meow. Oh dear..." her orange eyes glowered dangerously and her next words came in a soft warning hiss, "We can't have that"

Kain gulped, laughing nervously. This must be what it felt like to be an animal of prey. He almost wished he hadn't put on his glasses. Kain decided to take on an agreeable, placating tone in the hopes that he could calm her.

"Well, of course not. You're right. But surely they could understand the circumstances behind my actions. You know I'd never deliberately do something to upset the balance in the feline tribe - it's one of my favourite tribes to visit. And I'd certainly never want to put anyone in danger. I'm really very sorry but as a doctor my first priority will always be my patients. I cannot just leave Nabel alone to suffer. As for my apprentice..." he shot a glance towards Nabelin, hoping she caught the apology in his look. "...please, forgive her. Though she's a wonderful assistant, she's still very new and there is much for me to teach her about modern medicines" Gods, he just hoped Nabelin wasn't now going to want to kill him too.

Hearing a soft mumble from behind them, he glanced back to see Nabel awaking.

Persia had apparently seen her too for her voice suddnely switched to become motherly and sickly sweet. "Oh, honey, it's okay. Just lie down and go back to sleep, meow. Persia is just having a talk with the good doctor" she soothed, waving a hand at the young neko girl.

Looking to her guards, she handed them the Zinna reins and moved back from the doorway.

Kain looked at Shai, dreading to ask the question. "Ah, may I ask why you have our Zinnas here and ready for riding? I...thought I might be helping repair the damage to the marketplace today"

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:02 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Feline Tribe
Nabel's House

Nabelin stumbled against the chair and fell into the chair. She stared right back at Persia, her eyes blank. She nodded at Kain's words about her being new to modern medicines. She did know some, but it mostly the natural remedies that were basically find the tight plant and eat it.

Nabel yawned and stretched. "Well, that's some talk if it woke me up. You really don't need to use that with me or with the doctor, Persia. His apprentice tries, but she doesn't know everything, and with this concussion, she can't do much, so it makes sense that the doctor comes back to check on me. You don't want your only herb gatherer dying on you, do you?"

Natty shifted her feet and nudged Shai. Reaching out, she nipped the neko holding her reins. She pulled back, looking innocent, when she was anything but.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:14 pm
Incognita Ninja

((I hope this is okay. I'm a bit rusty with this one since it's been a while. I thought maybe Nabelin can get kidnapped by the flying tribe or else that she finds monsters higher up the mountain that was coming to eat the dead harpie that sat out overnight...or something like that))

Feline Tribe
Nabel's House

Kain hoped Nabelin would forgive him if he apologised later, both for knocking her back into the chair by mistake and for telling a fib about her usefulness. He knew that her natural healing remedies and knowledge of herbs and plants in the wild was just as useful as more modern developments. But Persia had to be persuaded somehow that Kain needed to come up here to check on Nabel.

Persia sent a sharp stare towards Nabel and her tail gave an ornery little swish. She looked like she was about to snap at Nabel's comment for a moment but then changed her mind and spoke more calmly. "Perhaps we both need to work on our tones when speaking to others, dear girl. Yes. Yes, I am sorry we woke you with all of this kerfuffle. Not to worry, you need your rest and you are quite right, I don't want to lose my only herb gatherer. We will leave you to rest peacefully now. I have some tasks that doctor Kain and his assistant will help me with. Tasks that will restore order and peace to the tribe after last night's attack"

She put a hand on Kain's arm and he felt claw tips p***k his skin, just enough to leave marks. Persia made the action seem casual, friendly, as though she were just taking his arm for them to walk together, but in reality she had a firm grip, and he took a couple of steps towards her and the guards, stepping outside into the sunlight.

"And what might I do for you this morning? You must understand that I have to come back to check on miss Nabel or she-"

"Oh it's a small task, a short task. One that should be finished around noon" Persia broke in, before he could ask too much more.

"I just need someone to retrieve what remains of the dead harpie before it attracts more unsavory types of monsters. I also need someone to investigate for clues as to why there was a harpie in the area. I have reason to believe they are spies for the flying tribe and if they get wind that we killed their beast, it will just provide another flimsy excuse for an attack from them. We should dispose of the evidence immediately, so after it has been inspected we will have a feast of harpie meat"

The guard that was holding Natty's reins was licking his lips when he felt a sharp n** and yelped, accidentally letting go of the zinna's reins. Shai trilled softly at Natty, and the gem on his forehead glowed with a soft light as he sent calming feelings towards her.

Persia snatched Shai's reins from her guard and grabbed Kain's hand, thrusting the reins into it. "Here, you can go up into the mountains and retrieve the corpse of the harpie your apprentice has slain, and Nabelin can investigate for more harpies or flying tribe spies. When you return with the dead beast, I would like Nabelin to help cook it and you can help repair the village" She said, meting out her punishments.

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:54 am
Meyaira Firespring

Feline Tribe
Mountain Path

Nabelin scoured the mountain path for more beasts that didn't belong to the felines below. Natty trilled, and Nabelin rested a hand on her neck, calming her down. Urging Natty to move, Nabelin looked for more of those flying...things. Persia said they were harpies, well, other than the harpy on Nabel's house, Nabelin had no idea what a harpy was, and she didn't want to ask Kain, even though everything screamed out to do so. A flutter of wings caught her eye, and when she turned, she saw a whole nest of harpies coming down from the very top of the mountain.

Nabelin turned Natty around and get her going as fast as she could go as she looked for Kain.

"Kain! Kain! There are more, coming down from the top! What do we do? Do you want me to distract them?" Nabelin shouted, her vanilla hair glinting pale gold and silver in the light. It was becoming even messier than before, and she didn't care.

Nabel's House

Nabel sunk into her pillows with a sigh. Finally everyone was gone and the voices stopped arguing. At times like this, she would gladly throttle Persia, but she didn't dare. The siamese sighed and closed her blue eyes. Doctor Kain was only trying to do his job, even with the threat of the harpy. She also caught the glint of metal with the flying tribe's symbol around Nabelin's neck, but didn't mention it to Persia, risking the doctor and his apprentice even more. Nabel's brow furrowed. Surely Elves were respected throughout Purri, right?  
Main Role Play Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff